Not another door dink car park rant!

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2003, 04:32 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Well bumper dink actually,

I know this has been said 1000's of times but its just so infuriating when it happens to you.

Friday evening 8.30pm ish at Tesco's Brookfield Centre in Cheshunt. Not many people about but being rather pedantic still I park in the pick up zone as I'm only going to be 5 minutes. A couple of trolleys have been left up against the posts near my car (because people cant be bothered to put them in the trolley park all of 10 metres away) which I move myself into the trolley park and disappear into the store thinking that I'm safe as at least someone cant park next to me and bash the scoob with their door.

I come out of tesco's 5 mins later with my shopping and some ****** has (deliberatley IMO) pushed a trolley into the bumper of my car as there's no way it could of rolled there on its own. In a fit of rage and turning the air blue I picked the trolley up above my head and was about to launch it into the coke machine (but quickly seeing sense) lobbed it off into the distance instead.

This made me feel suprisingly better and I actually stood back and admired just how far the trolley had gone (altough in fairness, it was only the smaller type). A few people walked past rather sheepishly obviously thinking what a nutter but I didn't care at the time.

Anyway, blah blah blah and all the usual ranting about inconsiderate ****** you've heard before.

Luckily, my girlfriends uncle owns a bodyshop so hopefully a repair job for removing the dent and scratch wont cost the earth.

Thanks for listening, if you haven't fallen asleep by now

Chris
Old 24 March 2003, 04:38 PM
GU5
Scooby Regular

So you'll go to the effort of moving other people trolleys out of the way, but won't walk across the car park??

Old 24 March 2003, 04:40 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Well, parking in a "pick-up" space and leaving your vehicle only asks for trouble imo.
You have everyone coming out of the store nearby and only increases the risk of this.

Park in a normal space next time and thank yourself lucky you are healthy enough to walk a little further.
Old 24 March 2003, 04:42 PM
revitt
Scooby Regular

Avoiding dents in carparks is easy

Just park at the far end of the car park and shop safe in the knowledge that everyone is too lazy to walk that far and therefor no-one will park anywhere near you.
Old 24 March 2003, 05:03 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

It was 8.30 pm and there weren't a lot of people coming in and out of the store.

Normally I park as far away as possible and some tosspot still parks next to me 2 inches away so as I was only going to be 5 mins thought this would be the better option.

Oh, and I'm actually quite fit and not lazy at all, IMHO

Chris
Old 24 March 2003, 07:59 PM
Beefy
Scooby Regular

Location: Wagons rolllllll yippee kai ayyy ..errrr ...etc ..etc
I too have experienced the mystery man/woman who parks 3 miles from the shop in an empty car park next to my car with a 3mm gap that means they cannot miss my car
Old 24 March 2003, 08:35 PM
stratman
Scooby Regular

Yeah its infuriating insnt it.

Happenned to me not long back, parked up in the furthestmost remote corner of the B&Q car park, and when I come out ...yeah youve guessed it, a rusty old tub parked next to me plus one ding in my door. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 24 March 2003, 10:46 PM
Steve777
Scooby Senior

What gets me is that you park on your own miles a way from the shop, do your shopping, go back to the car and then everyman and his dog has then decided to park at each side, front and back.

Spotted the rear like cluster on my dads car was damaged yesterday and has to be from a supermarlet as thats about all he uses his car for. £48 + VAT + Fiiting to replace.

T**ts