Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Imagine the scene

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2003, 10:45 AM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're woken up in the middle of the night to a noise outside your window.

u look out and see some1 fumbling around in your car trying to nick radio or get round alarm/immobiliser

u grab hold of nearest thing to u (a Hockey stick) whilst chucking on some clothes and calling police.

U go out to car and open door, smash the hockey stick in his surprised face and pull him outa your car.

hit him a few times with the stick and kick him to say 'thanks for breaking into my car' for good measure and knee firmly in his back to stop him moving.

Police arrive.......

Who do u think gets nicked??????
Old 18 March 2003, 10:46 AM
brett555
Scooby Regular

I would like to say the person trying to break into your car. But i would guess at you got nicked.

brett
Old 18 March 2003, 10:57 AM
Soobmeister
Scooby Regular

No doubt u got busted but it sounds like the little ****** got all he deserved!! well done, i'd do exactly the same thing if i was in your shoes.
Old 18 March 2003, 11:27 AM
323GTR
Scooby Regular

His word against yours. There are people out there who headbutt hockey sticks for pleasure you know
Old 18 March 2003, 11:37 AM
brett555
Scooby Regular

rb5 , didnt he violently lunge towards you , thus prompting you to defend yourself with the nearest item at hand , which happened to be your hockey stick.

brett
Old 18 March 2003, 11:40 AM
-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

And surely he had a screwdriver / crowbar which he threatened you with after using it to break into your vehicle ?

It was dark as well, and Im sure you thought he had an object in his hand.. may have been a knife?

This cannot be allowed to happen.

Old 18 March 2003, 11:46 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Unfortunately, you grabbed the hockey stick first so the law could do you for intent. The law would ask how you managed to grab a handy hockey stick defending yourself. Don't agree with it myself, but unfortunately criminals have rights too

I was in the very same situation just after I bought my car. 4am, pitch black. Get awakened by the security light outside. Stick my nose through the curtains and see some to$$er looking in the drivers window of my car. Grab baseball bat, fumble for back door keys and rush outside. To$$er legs it across fields (with me in hot pursuit in nothing but my boxers [pretty sight ]) behind house and disappears into forest. Spend 5mins looking, but can't see **** (literally).

I get back to the house, jump in car and have a quick nosey around for to$$er, but the ****** got away.

No police involved, but I've not had any bother since.

I'd have done the same thing; just hope it works out OK for you.

Stefan
Old 18 March 2003, 11:52 AM
RB5320
Scooby Regular

Not nice to hear this Mark. I hope all works out ok. Is there much damage - to the car that is, not bothered about the bloke's face

Steve
Old 18 March 2003, 11:54 AM
scooby-new
Scooby Regular

As long as the ****** left some sort of mark on you I reckon you would be OK. What a great opportunity to let the wife/kids take out some frustration!
Old 18 March 2003, 12:09 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

...so they let the to$$er go then? He's gotta be done for something?

In general I'm not a violent person....but there's one thing that p1$$e$ me right off is if any little ****** touches my motor

...God help them if I ever caught em (but I hope it never happens)

Gutted for you.

Andy
Old 18 March 2003, 12:13 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Angry

I thought it was his hockey stick

Hope they nail the f*cker to the wall[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 18 March 2003, 01:00 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Question

So tell all then or r u currently doin bird & cant kum online
Si
Old 18 March 2003, 01:21 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

Yeah - guess it was you who got knicked????

Hockey stick - used a a weapon - picked up in advance - definitely some intent there.

The best advice I got (from the Police) who attended my house once when it got burgled. Neighbour had heard it all and thought we were having a party (and got offended at not being invited) said they left maybe 5-10 minute before we got home. Anyway I digress....

Best advice I got was to get one of those huge Maglite or rubberised torch that takes like 4-6 D cells to run it, that way "it was dark" "I needed a light", oh, that just happened to "make a mess of his face when he jumped out at me". In this instance you picked the large heavy object up without intent to do injury, merely to provide illumination.

Best advice I got from the Police following a burglary of which they were sympathetic, but didn't condone my words of if only I'd been 10 minutes earlier they'd have better brought an ambulance with them as well...

You just can't own anything these days without some little tw@t trying to damage or steal it.

You especailly have my sympathy as mine got done Sunday afternoon (after the stereo) but no front panel so fortunately (? ? ? ?) they only broke the glass and scratched all the paintwork while doing that. Otherwsie nothing taken.

[Edited by Scratch - 3/18/2003 1:23:54 PM]
Old 18 March 2003, 01:24 PM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

Heres what u are supposed to do.....

Phone the police.

Stand at window and watch your car get violated and maybe driven off.

do not approach the perp, he may be dangerous.

do not touch him as u will be performing a worse offence then breaking into a car.

Wot a load of 80ll0x!!!

basically the theif can get away with it thanks to our laws!!!

thanx 4 ur concerns but this was a mate of mine, although police let him off with a caution they said the bloke wouldnt get more then that either.
Old 18 March 2003, 03:52 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

How can you possibly be criticised in these days of gratuitous violence from criminals who are even prepared to kill, or at least inflict serious injury on you if you defend your own property, and pick up some kind of stick etc to defend yourself.

It takes so long to actually get a policeman to come around anyway these days that the crook would be long gone having damaged your property or even stolen it. What on earth are the enforcers of the law thinking of?

Les

[Edited by Leslie - 3/18/2003 3:52:44 PM]
Old 18 March 2003, 04:25 PM
dan4
Scooby Regular

Don't bother calling the cops, they are a waste of tax payers money. If a crime cannot be solved by a speed camera, they are not interested. As for the thieving ****, give him a bloody good shoeing and dump him in the gutter!
Old 18 March 2003, 04:43 PM
terzo42
Scooby Regular

lmao dan gud effort
Old 18 March 2003, 04:44 PM
XT
Scooby Regular

Wink

I don't understand why the police should know about him if you got him first.....
Old 18 March 2003, 04:48 PM
scoobynewboy
Scooby Regular

Well done M8 and sorry to hear that you got the wrong end of the Stick! Sorry i couldnt resist.
I liked BUZZ comments though...after all im sure the little rat has a record as long as that Hockey stick.
He might think twice before putting his filthly little claws on someone elses property in future if he thinks that he might get to meet his maker for his errorts.....
Good luck
Old 18 March 2003, 05:12 PM
Dodge
Scooby Regular

You could "effect a citizen's arrest". I think that allows for baseball bats, when used as restraining tools, but I'm buggered if I could find anything off the details of what makes a citizen's arrest different to twatting a man with a stick...
Old 18 March 2003, 07:47 PM
Crapaud62
Scooby Regular

Agree with the comments about large maglite. Told this myself my police mate. My father used this defense once and it resolved the situation just by waving it without having to actually use it.

Any coppers on here that can confirm the legalities?
Old 18 March 2003, 10:22 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Angry

I can think of a way to get the rozzers moving only a little bit quicker is that I thought I something that looked like a gun in his hand

And something else the fookin stupid laws of this country are a load of bo77ocks all for the favor of the scum of this country....

I say shoot the ******* on sight

Huxley
Old 18 March 2003, 10:32 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Angry

not normally 1 2 bitch about carp sentances but having just watched car wars (which got so much interest last week) where sum punks who were muggin old ladies in a nicked car & driving like retards & other numpties doing hit & runs in a harsh attemp 2 escape coppers get like 12-18months as i recall is just a joke!
[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] madness, i bleedin understand sending em away aint cheap bring back death penalty [ok irony mode was a bit on 4 that last un]
Si
Old 18 March 2003, 10:45 PM
McScooby
Scooby Regular

This is wrong, and it makes me embarassed too!!!! The little **** got what he deserved but the law is an ***!!! Bet the Police who nicked you were pretty pissed too!!!