Didn't take long - door dent

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2003, 05:39 PM
Silverback
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Car is 17 days old.

Sitting in Next car park (near the big Tesco's in Watford), 3 or four spaces either side of me.

Black golf pulls up alongside my door and a woman (wife?) gets out of the golf and I had one of those 'did her door just hit my car moments?'

Bloke (husband) looks across at me, but (and I don't know why) it didn't really register anything particuarly bad in my mind.

Bloke and woman head into the shop and I get out of the car and have a quick (why didn't I take longer?!!) look and can't see anything.

Get home about 30 mins later to find a small but noticeable dent/scratch on my front wing, just in front of the door seal.

I wish I had looked more closely at the time, but I guess the whole 'look what you did, no it wasn't us' thing was going through my mind.

I guess my problem is that I see myself as too much of a 'nice bloke' to get really arsey about stuff like that.

Oh well, it had to happen at some point I guess. Did the usual thing straight after and checked the WHOLE car and found a small stone chip (unrelated) on the passenger door as well!

Just waiting for the wife to get in now ('I told you not to get it in black').

Any idea of what I should do with the very minor damage, I was just going to clean the area and possibly polish it with t-cut or similar?
Old 17 March 2003, 08:45 PM
yikes
Scooby Regular

Gutted for you mate, but you will get over this... might need councelling or summat tho

Seriously, I know what a pi$$er this is, and at 17 days old you have been unlucky.

I've been really lucky in that my new Beemer was purchased 18 months ago now. Managed to avoid *any* damage for 17 months, and noticed an impression in the rear wing. Its probably an easy fix by Dentmaster or someone like that, but still annoying nevertheless.

Oh, and I'm normally meticulous when parallel parking, but made a **** up the other day and kerbed it. It sounded horrendous, but imagaine my relief when the alloy was unmarked and I got just a little concrete dust on the tyre.

In a way its a relief to have your first blemish on a car, because lets face it, with the amount of inconsiderate morons out there, you *are* going to pick up a few over several years of ownership.

Luckily my Scoob is a '95 import and nice, but far from mint, so I won't be upset when its gets its first new blemish under my ownership, plus its white, so I'll just keep a nice stock of tippex close to hand

Get it fixed and keep your fingers crossed!

Cheers
Richard
Old 17 March 2003, 08:51 PM
Silverback
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Must be super unlucky, got my first (big) parking dent in my old car (MR2) within about 30 days as well!

Just wish I had been more agressive about it at the time, but I doubt the outcome would be any different (i.e. me having to get a dent fixed)

So you'd recommend Dentmaster? I see there have been a few other (good) posts about them and another similar company 'Dentwizard'?

Looks like I'll be giving them a call.

Still love the Scoob though, will have to give it some 'extra' on way into work tomorrow morning to put the smile back on my face.
Old 17 March 2003, 09:26 PM
Steve777
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

Dent master is OK, depending where the dent is. They can't take out every dent. It depends on position.

The repair is never invisible, usually ok thats all.

Don't park in the supermarket, but if you do be selfish and take two places and never park in multi stories