Sponsored by:

Friendly MOT garages in Saffron Walden / Bishops Stortford area

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2003, 12:54 PM
pspencer
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Can anyone recommend a friendly MOT garage in the Saffron Walden / Bishops Stortford area.

I have an MY98 UK Impreza Turbo with a Scoobysport downpipe, a HKS de-cat mid and Prodrive (part of the original PPP upgrade) backbox. I have the original cat (actually only one bit - I've heard there are two bits though - is this right). All the mods were carried out by the previous owner (who had a mate fix him up with MOT certificates without looking at the car - I've lost contact with him, so he's no good for a recommendation). I don't want to go to the trouble (and expense) of having the cat put back on just for the MOT and then taken off.

So does anyone know of any garage that will ignore the emissions tests. I don't mind the rest of the MOT, infact I'd prefer to put the car through one for safty reasons, since I it's never been done before (but it's been looked after and properly serviced and I've had an AA check so I'm not expecting anything serious). But if there's no alternative, I'm prepared to buy an MOT certificate.

If anyone can give me a contact name and number (and an idea of cost) I'd be most gratefull. I understand if you don't want these details made public, so email to philip.spencer@gs.com would be great. Otherwise any other advise about this would be good

Thanks,
Phil.