Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NTL Engineer's ladder fell on car !!

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2003, 05:09 PM
JimmyRB5PRO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had an NTL engineer visit this am to fit broadband, whilst here his alluminum ladder fell over and landed on the front wing , when they left i noticed a small dent, phoned and reported it and have just had a superviser visit.
Guess what the engineer has said it never even fell over ! Lying fu##er, now have samll dent in wing and NTL are coming back to me !! I said they are lying ! He is going to speak to them over in person to see if they are lying, how does taht help me with my dent !

Wan#er isn't going to admit it is he !

Old 28 January 2003, 05:13 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] that's not good practise is it? Did you see it fall over?

Paul
Old 28 January 2003, 05:21 PM
pcdude
Scooby Regular

your word against his ,,,,,, no evidence ,,,,,, you are stuffed mate

just find out where he lives and then see wot car he drives , and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well
Old 30 January 2003, 08:37 AM
streaky bacon
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

hi mate i work for ntl in coventry i am a service tec can u tell
where your from and i will look into it
Old 30 January 2003, 09:44 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

....So whats happened?
Old 30 January 2003, 09:45 AM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Find out the personal mail address for the top dog at NTL and write him/her snotty letter (not email) expressing your concerns and displeasure with the level of professionalism/service of their company. Explain the situation and see if you get a reply.

Usually works. If not write a letter of disgust at the level of customer service that their company provides. Keep biting at them mate you have nothing to loose.
Old 30 January 2003, 09:46 AM
miller
Scooby Regular

Hi
I punctured a tyre after NTL installed a phone line next door to me, there were a lot of cable clips on the floor and I managed to pick one up. Contacted NTL and they compensated me for a brand new Toyo without many problems, just a few phone calls and about eight weeks start to finish, thats not bad for a big. Co.
Just put a claim in in writing.
Old 30 January 2003, 10:15 AM
Defiant STI
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Just refuse to pay :ntl and threaten to take your business else where. Failing that, threaten to take them to court as they are liable for the action of their employees.

I'm sure at this point they'll take notice and if they don't, follow through with it.
Old 30 January 2003, 10:18 AM
Defiant STI
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Just had another thought. Ask one of your neighbours to back up your claim then it's his word against 2 others. Maybe get the police involved claiming criminal damage. Something's bound to work, just don't give up hope!

I hate people like that, hope he loses his job, lying git! Goodluck mate!
Old 30 January 2003, 11:28 AM
DanTheMan
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

We had broadand fitted last week and the contractors that NTL used were very friendly and even took off their boots when they came into the house, wor lass was VERY impressed. I'm sure they will own up to it once they realise you won't give up hassling them....good luck
Dan
Old 30 January 2003, 11:28 AM
JimmyRB5PRO
Scooby Regular

Have had the first supervisor out , who did the usual, don't know etc, then he came back with his supervisor, who was a bit more realistsc and said it looked like it could have been caused by an alluminum ladder, the engineers deny the ladder even fell over !!

Waiting for a response today !
Old 30 January 2003, 12:38 PM
SCOOBY TOWERS
Scooby Regular

If the paints not broken then Dave Latham (Dent tec) should be able to get it out for about £60.
His no is 01925 831357 or 07885 481921.Warrington area but travels.
Try explaining to NTL that this will be cheaper than paying their excess, or that £60 to a big company is nothing and it will cost them more in legal fees etc.
Old 30 January 2003, 12:52 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

Streaky bacon: Next Cov area meet go on u no u wana [thread hijack off] NTL nice broadband init
Si

[Edited by scooby_si - 1/30/2003 12:52:45 PM]
Old 30 January 2003, 01:04 PM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

Hope this little story will cheer you up

A couple of years ago I had NTL installed, the guy came up to the flat fitted everything and said he just needs to connect at street level.
Off he went with a bit of a clatter and bang. I assumed he had dropped his tool box or something, so I had a laugh with the wife. That was the last I seen of him, and the cable TV never worked.

Was about to kick up a stink when his supervisor chapped the door and said he had fallen down the stairs and broken his arm!!
The guy was sitting in his van, white as a sheet, his arm in tatters and apologising for not being able to complete the job!

The Supervisor explained that he should really be taken to hospital and that they would send someone out the next day to finish the job.

I asked the guy why he didin't tell us he had hurt himself and why he had sat in the van in agony. He told us he didn't want to bother us. (Hopefully he didin't hear us laughing!)

Definition of Customer Service: The ability to break your arm and not bother your customers about it.

Anyway the Supervisor came back the next day and finished the job, we gave him a bottle of wine to give to the other guy. I think to ease our guilt more than anything.

Old 30 January 2003, 03:27 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Wink

That is a quality story Bet his boss drank the wine kuz he woz on antibiotics thou lol
Si