Sponsored by:

Do other scooby drivers do this???

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2003, 02:01 AM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I was coming home on friday night on the M6, and this *** in a Green uk turbo was right up my **** flashng his lights with his right hand indicator on!!

i mean ive had a scoob and was very patient on the motorway when there was 20 cars in front of me in the fastlane.

funny thing was i moved to let the idiot through and followed him, when the road cleared he was down to 80mph

Then he started doing his indicator and flashing routine when he pulled back out!

What a muppet!
Old 19 January 2003, 09:49 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Might have been a foreign driver? I believe that leaving indicators on while overtaking is actually common practise in France, and maybe other countries.

Of course, tailgating and driving like a **** are worldwide...

A.
Old 19 January 2003, 09:56 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I think its just a mentality.

Yesterday, I was given visual abuse from the car behind for stopping at a red light, as the car infront went through on amber.
This was after him nearly back ending me!
He then decides to drive 2 inches off my bumper, drop back, accelerate, lock up, weave left and right, 2 inches off my bumper again.. etc.. all in a 30 zone with parked cars.. I counted 3 occasions that he narrowly missed rear ending me.. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

PS. this wasn't a scooby driver, XR2i

[Edited by DrEvil - 1/19/2003 10:02:19 AM]
Old 19 January 2003, 10:03 AM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

Smile

are they still around??????????????Last time I saw one of them it was on that programme, 'Walking with Dinosaurs'

[Edited by Rasher - 1/19/2003 10:04:44 AM]
Old 19 January 2003, 10:09 AM
markwild
Scooby Regular

Red face

I always think that it's best to let them past - let the idiots get on with it.....

I have had someone at work overtake me and a lorry in a 30 zone, past a school !!! (In a 1.4 POLO!)

When we arrived at work, he said 'No point in having a fast car and not knowing how to drive !'
What a T**T!
Mark
Old 19 January 2003, 10:43 AM
GialloEvoII
Scooby Regular

Smile

I had somone do all the weaving and stuff to me i was in a zafira so couldnt go very fast and i pulled in the slow lane he was still stuck to the bumper so close i couldn't see his headlight's more weaving etc for a few more miles i was very nervous of his antics eventually he went passed but when i pulled up at the traffic light junction a few miles up the road he got out of the car and came to the my window ranting and raving .Ouch the wind caught the door as i opened it and must have banged his head on it and fell over what i didn't see before that he was holding a long screw driver now also on floor didn't see this untill i had invited him to return to his own car and go.Another motorist got out after he had gone and told me they saw him with it!!I was lucky and hopefully the bang to the head and any other injuries he sustained will make him think twice.

Oh and i don't condone violance but i also don't condone people endangering my life with there road rage driving!
Old 19 January 2003, 11:01 AM
sc00byd00byd00
Scooby Regular

Just dont do what I did when somebody was doin that to me..............

Coming to a roundabout, with a mondeo up my chuff, I thought, oh well, he's a little close, so got to the roundabout and didn't break, accelerated up the bypass to 70mph, gained about 10 car lengths....... then.......... mondeo up my chuff again.. I was thinking..... just overtake u *** !!! Then I got fed up of him tailgaiting me, so I accelerated to 90mph, same again, up my chuff, so eventually I thought, stuff this, got to a country road, drop a cog and............. initially lost him, after the twisties had ended and we got to another straight, about half a mile behind me............. what was it, but an unmarked cop car.

After a load of bantering and me blaggin that I feared that I was gonna be carjacked etc...... I got let off, they weren't traffic officers etc but getting let off for going 135mph is fookin jammy luck if you ask me, so I counted my lucky stars and never EVER did it again !!!! I will only ever do that again if I actually see a gun/knife/baseball bat etc....
Old 19 January 2003, 11:42 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Wink

Rasher, yes they although the way this pillock drives that one won't be around for much longer!
Old 19 January 2003, 12:17 PM
DEEDEE
Scooby Regular

Talking of MUPPET drivers, read on. I drive a HGV anyone with any sense knows these things take some stopping. Right fully freighted 38 TONNE South bound A19, I indicate no vehicles behind so I start to overtake, passing this other vehicle with a speed difference of a few MPH is sometimes prolonged with the terrain of the road. I check mirrors and see some T**T flashing, even if it was a Emergency vehicle I could go no where (patience). When I moved over he swerved in front of me making all sorts of gestures, then he slowed up, I still have this other HGV on my back door so could not hit brakes so try to go round him. He then puts himself in front of me again and brakes. I had to concede and let him have his 5 minutes of Glory. I wish now I had not slowed when I had and ran up the **** end of this T**T as I had all the witneses I would have needed. It was Scary at the time for this driver did not think of any consequences that could of resulted. I never thought to take MY or number, just relieved I did not hit him. (then) 5 minutes in the life of a HGV driver.
Old 19 January 2003, 12:49 PM
black knight
Scooby Regular

i think this occurs with all vehicles when we are met with intolerant *****.

i'm a usually average driver (keeping at 80mph) on M way enjoying the drive but i do get some idiots doing all the above mentioned antics.

the funniest was a M3 flashing when i was overtaking at 90mph on fast lane, stuck up my **** and just keep flashing away. unaware that i was in a holden type r, just felt being cheeky and left him for dead. but that's besides the point... just that we seem to get a number of drivers who think they are mr. shoe-ma-ker.
Old 19 January 2003, 01:01 PM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm afraid this happens all the time and has nothing to do with the make of car that the to$$ers are driving. It's an attitude of mind, a strange mentality that shuts down all common sense and awareness of the dangers that abound for all road users.

Last night in Peterborough, same thing. He was so close that I could not see his headlights. Stuck to 30mph in a 30mph zone as there was nothing I could do until the road widened sufficient for me to let him pass. Besides if he was going to back end me then better at 30 mph than at a higher speed.

The worrying thing about all this was my kid was in the car and I was acutely aware of the dangers to him if this ar$ehole lost his concentration for one moment!

Oh, and when I let him through it was a *****r in a Skyline....

WB
Old 19 January 2003, 01:28 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Same thing happens to me most of the time. Depending on my mood, i either speed up and leave them or drive slower and let them moan! So many times doing 30mph or 40 on a 30mph limit and have some idiot up my ****. Sick it in 2nd and move down to 10. Let him whinge then!

Was driving in Surrey last night and rounf the one way system, there were 3 lanes and i was in the middle one. Pulled out to the right lane (no cars in sight), then had a stupid sunny come up beind me and flashed his lights. Put my foot down and left him. As we got round the one way, he got infront of me as we took a turning, pulled over and flashed some sort of card. Looked sort of like a polic badge but wasnt sure and all he said was keep the speed down. Said ok but im still not sure if he was a copper. Think he just showed any card and was trying to impress his minging girlfriend in the front in his J reg Sunny!
Old 19 January 2003, 01:30 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Money - hmm.. well I made the mistake of trying to have a word with Mr XR2 boy when he pulled into the local shops- got me no where, so just walked away in the end. Just hope I haven't made myself more of a target now
Old 19 January 2003, 02:26 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

My dad was on about an encounter as few years back in Wales. he was driving on a wet narrow road NSL and was doing abput 40-45 due to conditions, nutter behind him flashing, waving etc so he pulled in and left him to it. A mile or so down the road he came round a tight bend and nutter was in a ditch shaking his head looking at his car, miles from anyway. It was a very quiet road and my dad would have stopped and helped but he just shook his head and drove on.

[Edited by chrisp - 1/19/2003 2:29:47 PM]