Dealer told me I had the last WR Blue in UK
- does anyone know if this is so?
Cant wait till next week for it!
Old 14 January 2003, 11:49 PM
Steve777
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had PPP fitted to MY2001 UK300.

Made a big difference in mid range torque and also revs higher without the feel that its screaming, better 0-60 of course and performs with a more smooth pwer delivery, essential to make the WRX what it should always should have been from new.

Don't think you will have any probs with your lights except maybe the typw of bulb thats in em. I have Hella's on the UK 300 and would prefer a brighter bulb I must admit

Make sure that they properly set up your lights as well. The Hellas on mine were miles off when I picked the car up and not much better after they went back for adjustment. Ended up doing them myself against the garage door

Enjoy

Old 15 January 2003, 08:38 AM
nigel s
Scooby Regular

Smile

Steve, funny you should mention the fact that your uk300 lights were poorly set up. When I picked up mine the lights were showing the birds the way through the trees, right more than the left. I since changed the bulbs for Philips Vision plus and adjusted the lights down, a bit too much now, still maybe Subaru should add this to their PDI checks.
Old 15 January 2003, 10:29 AM
lucky_strike
Scooby Regular

Went for Morretes on my MY02 WRX and they were lighting the sky up also.

Adjust them down a bit myself and got the dealer to check during its 1000 mile service - they said they were incorrectly adjusted and moved them back up, in fact a little bit higher then where they started from.

Left them as they are for now - an hour on the motorway at the moment means they are so full of dirt they are next to useless anyway!
Old 15 January 2003, 11:37 AM
PPPMAT
Scooby Regular

Had the ppp fitted to my MY02 after 1 month of ownership. Made a huge difference. You get the kick in the back that the standard new age uk car lacks.

Love it
Old 15 January 2003, 01:24 PM
'kin quick2
Scooby Regular

Question

I have a standard WRX 2002 and am thinking of having the PPP fitted, does anyone know how much power a PPP car has over a standard??

Ross
Old 15 January 2003, 01:29 PM
nigel s
Scooby Regular

Ross, my UK300 made 248BHP after fitting PPP. This was after only 3500 miles so the engine still not loosened up. Car now feels much quicker after passing the 8000 mark.

Trending Topics

Old 15 January 2003, 01:55 PM
'kin quick2
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks for the info, cant wait to tinker with it without loosing the warrenty! Just need to start saving......

Ross
Old 15 January 2003, 02:13 PM
PPPMAT
Scooby Regular

Its the torque you need. BHP is only the calculation (ie. torque x engine speed) and the PPP adds 47 lb.ft. and you can really feel it.

Also sounds superb through the prodrive backbox
Old 15 January 2003, 02:22 PM
lucky_strike
Scooby Regular

Cool

Had my PPP fitted from new and never driven another Subaru so can't comment on the before and after so all I can say is that who cares that the standard stereo and speakers may not be as good as they could be - hardly ever listen, too busy listening to the exhaust note (which is mint) and enjoying driving the thing....going to work is something to look forward to now

And it loves the twisty bits at the weekend - if you want to mod and keep your warranty GO FOR IT.
Old 15 January 2003, 05:28 PM
Stu_WRX
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I too am in the PPP dilemmea. I have an 02 WRX which seems to be missing the low down torque that we all crave :-)

£1600 is a lot to spend when you've just spent 21k on the car anyway, several people have pointed out the benefits of the Ecu-Tek which is apparently very good and I am told a Subaru Dealer in Carlisle will do it for you for about £600.

This then puts you at a halfway house - the PPP is more than a new ECU, you get the back box, the de-cat and I think you get an uprated intercooler pipe not to mention the Prodrive Certificate.

So I'm thinking if the budget is £600 it has to be Ecu-Tek but that is effectively dead money as it won't add any value to your car as the PPP will.

Another edge to my dilemma is that I now have a Prodrive Back Box fitted so wouldn't need the one from the PPP kit but I am told dealers aren't keen to supply the parts seperatly.

Glad you got the Morettes - they are a must, now you need to get rid of the drinks tray on the back and get a real spoiler - I went for the fairly tame Prodrive one. I also have Prodrive Anthracite 17s which finish it off nicely.

I don't think there are many WR Blue left, I was told that I got the last - really. I didn't believe him so rang around but failed to find one so I think you are lucky to get one.
Old 15 January 2003, 05:55 PM
Steve777
Scooby Senior

Another edge to my dilemma is that I now have a Prodrive Back Box fitted so wouldn't need the one from the PPP kit but I am told dealers aren't keen to supply the parts seperatly.
No problem with my dealer, just knocked the price off the system I had off him in the first place (Scorpion which is the Prodrive one anyway) After all its not as if they won't be able to sell lthe Prodrive b/box and centre decat is it ?