Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a big thank you!!!

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2003, 11:24 AM
Kijana
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About a week ago i posted my first thread asking for advise on a jap spec STi. With the overwhelming number of replies i got (yes!!!! i'm being sarcastic!!) i just wanted to say thank you to you all!. Here i was thinking scoobynet was the place to turn when one needed to know anything about the impreza - but obviously i was over expectant in thinking i would get a warm reception from you all. You know what they say about first impressions .... im sorry to say scoobynet hasnt made a very good one!
Old 14 January 2003, 11:33 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maybe you put it in the wrong place or were not clear with what you were asking. Scoobynet is very helpful with all sorts of cars so I don't know what happened here welcome anyhow and put a link to your original post and maybe some people can help.

Paul
Old 14 January 2003, 11:46 AM
worley
Scooby Regular

I second Paul on this, maybe the Internet was broken or something or there some heated debate about MY Car is Better than Yours!

Try a search on STi's or Advice etc it might throw up something.
Old 14 January 2003, 11:47 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Don't worry mate,

I'm sure this post will make up for it and you'll get plenty responses to this one

Hopefully you'll also realise that the amount of newbies buying scoobs is pretty huge and increasing, so have a bit of common sense and realise that alot of people do make an effort to help newbies.

You may be better advised to do a search for the info you require as it's guaranteed to be on here somewhere.

You'll probably find it in the same place as your rattle, when you threw it out your pram

It's a good friendly place but you may just have shot yourself in the foot
Old 14 January 2003, 12:00 PM
scooby-new
Scooby Regular

I'm a newbie and I found everyone here friendly- just try posting the same subject a few different ways and you'll eventually get a response. Stay Happy
Old 14 January 2003, 12:11 PM
Nick200
Scooby Regular

Talking

Its true what you say though, it used to take me ages to get a response and when I did it was sometimes sarcasm mixed with a bit of pomposity, but having said that make sure you have thought your question out first and maybe used the search function, try this before asking as you must realise that the top people in the know get asked a lot of stuff all the time, please dont take it personally its only because you're new and dont ask the right things.

You'll get used to it, I did and am now getting all the info and help I need....

Come on m8 smile..............
Old 14 January 2003, 12:39 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Kijana, we're all human, you need to push the right buttons for us to respond. I didn't see your post, and besides I am not the expert.

Post again, and hopefully you'll get more response. What is it that you want to know?

Trending Topics

Old 14 January 2003, 12:48 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

I didn't see the original thread either can't have been very eye catching
Old 14 January 2003, 01:32 PM
Kijana
Scooby Newbie

well well - now i must thank you all sincerely for answering. i wanted to know what to look out for when buying/test driving a car -but its too late now cos i already bought it. what i would like to know, if there is a reputable/reliable garage ( say 50 mile radius of heathrow airport) that would service a jap import.
Old 14 January 2003, 01:43 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Power Engineering, who have a banner ad on here, are in Uxbridge which is close to you...

Old 14 January 2003, 01:45 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Wink

One thing you have to do is make your questions very clear and your subject has to be eye catching to get people to read your thread. If you do this then you should get replys. I also find that ending your questions with "thanks in advance" works well
Old 14 January 2003, 02:08 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

When first Joing scoobynet a few months ago, I noticed that if you posted questions like "thinking of buying sti 7 is it any good" are a bit pointless and will not get replies.

Search through the faq's before asking questions as obvious ones also will not get replies.

most of the relevant questions I have posted have got responses
Old 14 January 2003, 02:21 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Its like marketing - each thread is a product on a busy shelf, so you have to make it stand out from the rest.

Titles like Can you.... Make people read them as they are intrigued - can you what?

Thank you for etc is also intriguing - basic human nature. People read a thread when they may be being thanked for something, or it is a mystery - always works.

Build the suspense to get them in the thread. Then make it interesting, easy to read, and lead them into the dicussion. Your original thread had no line breaks, no capitals and a bit of grammar. Make it look nicer on the eye

IMHO of course

Oh, and avoid spelling mistakes and text message language