Sponsored by:

SIDC positions

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2002, 04:04 PM
sidclisa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Lisa & Lee Christie would like to hand over their positions in the club in the new year due to family and work commitments.

The positions are Membership Secretary and IT Consultant.

If you are interested please contact committee@sidc.co.uk or write to SIDC, 8 Brayers Mews, Rochford, Essex. SS4 1XF for more information.

[Edited by sidclisa - 12/8/2002 11:41:57 AM]
Old 09 December 2002, 02:32 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Question

As I said yesterday, the SIDC will be a poorer place without both you and Lee and it will be difficult to fill the space left behind, I'm sure. I can understand how difficult the position has been.

But for the record, to avoid any speculation and to put my mind at rest, can you confirm whether or not the reason for your resignation has anything to do with my baseball bat comment in the "Bedford Today" thread.

Kind regards,

David.
Old 09 December 2002, 02:49 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
David, I think your Beford comments were incorrectly read by some, and your apology full and sincere. But I suspect other Bedford issues might have been an influence.

There's nothing to be had from running a club like this, except a feeling of satisfaction when helping make good things happen for a couple of thousand people. If all you get back is grief, there doesn't seem much point in it.

I hope Lisa and Lee do believe that what they have contributed and achieved is very much appreciated and they have our heartfelt thanks. If they elect to stay, I and many, many others will be relieved and delighted. But I understand their position.

Best regards,

Richard.