Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up my import STI V2 555 today from the docks..

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2002, 01:02 PM
Ken Ross
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's my own car.

The Option code should be BK

The top picture is the original sales promotion leaflet.

[Edited by Ken Ross - 12/1/2002 1:08:02 PM]
Old 12 February 2002, 08:24 PM
Jaay
Scooby Regular

[Edited by Jaay - 12/2/2002 8:25:17 PM]
Old 12 March 2002, 09:29 PM
oj
Scooby Regular

Talking

andrewdelvard : Yes, I drove the car back without a registration. Providing you are INSURED, you are allowed to drive the car from the port back to your destination, without any deviation for a shopping trip etc.. I drove the cr back, with a slight detour looking for petorl, boy was that fun, I never realise how difficult it was trying to find SUL etc....!!!
If I was stopped by the police they would see that I have just picked up the car, asI had ll the document from the port with all the legal bits supporting the car..!! After all, the car in an excellent state, more than I can say about some of the junk on the road that are supposed to legal..!!

Petes555 - no I haven't any special 555 badges, just the STI one next to the gear stick.. I am still debating whether to do the same with my rear fog light, not sure at the moment..

Once again thanks to all for the valueable tips and support...

OJ..

Still smiling...!!!

left out word.. oppps..!!

[Edited by oj - 12/3/2002 9:31:30 PM]
Old 29 November 2002, 07:53 PM
oj
Scooby Regular

Picked up my JAP IMPORT STI V2 555 today, and I haven't stop smiling since..!!..

Just need to get it ready for the SVA and registration over the next few weeks, in between work etc...

Boy I was really surprised on the car's performance and can't wait to drive the car on a regular basis...!! I now understand what you have all been saying about putting a smile on your face when you drive scooby..!!!

The best bit, the wife is please and happy about the car, she was originally against the idea, saying it was a boy racers car, and I'm too old to have such a car.. God I am only 45 years old...!!

Anyway, looking forward meeting fellow scooby owners..!!

So, if you see blue scooby with the driver grinning like a big fat cheshire cat in the area of Southend, it will be me..!!!

Old 29 November 2002, 08:06 PM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

Cool

Old 29 November 2002, 08:10 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

Enjoy!!!

Steve
Old 29 November 2002, 10:13 PM
Ken Ross
Scooby Regular

Welcome to the 'CLUB'.

I suspect a car of that age, doesn't need a SVA, just a MOT before your register it. Mines did.

Old 29 November 2002, 10:18 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

nice
Old 30 November 2002, 04:35 AM
clarence
Scooby Regular

Has ur car got the '555' graphics?
Old 30 November 2002, 10:24 AM
oj
Scooby Regular

Cool

Ken - I have been advised that I will need the SVA, but only have to change thge clock face, which I did yesterday, and add a rear fog lamp, hope to do this weekend....

Clarence - No it dooesn't have the '555' graphics, which I didn't want....

Well, like many new owners, I can't stop looking at the car out of my window.. Looking forward to having fun with the car.. just can't wait once I have done the SVA & registered the car..!!
Old 30 November 2002, 10:26 AM
oj
Scooby Regular

Cool

Ken - I have been advised that I will need the SVA, but only have to change thge clock face, which I did yesterday, and add a rear fog lamp, hope to do this weekend....

Clarence - No it dooesn't have the '555' graphics, which I didn't want....

Well, like many new owners, I can't stop looking at the car out of my window.. Looking forward to having fun with the car.. just can't wait once I have done the SVA & registered the car..!!

OJ
Old 30 November 2002, 05:41 PM
wrx.co.uk
Scooby Regular

Oj,

Well done m8 these are really nice cars, out of interest does it have a limited edition plaque in front of the gear stick???

Also changing the clock face is OK for SVA, but the restriction of 112mph will still be there and the trip will still be in km's why not go the whole hog and fit the speedo gearbox, they only cost £60.

And don't forget the fuel neck restrictor.
Lee.

[Edited by wrx.co.uk - 11/30/2002 5:42:46 PM]
Old 30 November 2002, 06:06 PM
oj
Scooby Regular

WRX - I must omit that I forgot about the fuel filler restrictor, which I will sort out on Monday as the shops will be close now... I plan to de-strict the car later, and do the full job on the speedo conversion to MPH later... wasn't sure what was required to go down this route, is this a straight forward job just screwing the device into the gear box, or does it fit on the other end by the speedo clock..??

No it doesn't have the limited edition plaque as it isn't a limted edition, just a '555' model..

I have now fitted the rear fog lamp connected to the current FOG light switch.. Just need the fuel neck restrictor and hopefully ready for the SVA inspection next week or the week after if they can fit me in... If all goes well, I should
be on the road by Christmas.. Can't wait....!!!!!

OJ.....

Old 30 November 2002, 06:36 PM
wrx.co.uk
Scooby Regular

Oj,

Thanks for the info mate, is the model code GC8C4ED? you could clear up a problem with a car I have on a boat, any chance of checking the vin plate please?

I am pretty sure that the rear fog lamp switch must be seperate from the front fog switch and it must illuminate.

The speedo face must have MPH showing, Which you have already done

The gearbox adaptor fits to the outlet of the gearbox, its easy to fit, but you have to get under the car, you could leave it until your next service.
Old 30 November 2002, 07:14 PM
oj
Scooby Regular

WRX : Just checked the VIN plate and YES my model code GC8C4ED... I take it that you are expecting one, but limited edition..?? if so nice one.. Do you have any pictures that you could e-mail me, I would be interested to hear about you car..!!

As for the fog lamp switch, I am lucky (or not so lucky.. depends on you view..), the front fog lights are blanked off so the switch works only for the rear, and as it the original switch it's the illuminate version..

As for the MPH convertor, I will purchase one and get it fitted as suggested...

Again, keep me informed on your car... If you doing he same as me, all the best and thanks for the advice...

OJ...

PS- I still haven't stop smiling..!!

[Edited by oj - 11/30/2002 7:15:27 PM]

[Edited by oj - 11/30/2002 7:17:56 PM]
Old 30 November 2002, 07:16 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Old 30 November 2002, 07:24 PM
wrx.co.uk
Scooby Regular

Good one, never thought of that the front one's may not be needed hence the spare switch.

Does the car have a roof vent?

Have a look at this http://freespace.virgin.net/lee.jeffery/pages/stock10.htm

V limited or 555 limited anyone?????

[Edited by wrx.co.uk - 11/30/2002 7:36:07 PM]
Old 30 November 2002, 08:00 PM
oj
Scooby Regular

WRX - Yes, it has a roof vent, so far everyone who has seen it keeping saying thats a small sun roof.. you have to laugh.. ..

I had a look at your link.. the same colour and spec. as mine, except that mines NOT a limited edition.. My rear windows are tinted, rear spoiler STI V5, and the front spoiler being a 22b.. Your bonnet looks like a 22b as well.. even the mileage is the same as mine..!! Nice one, it looks the biz.. I bet you can't wait, it is worth the wait..!!!

I am interested on how much you paid, can you e-mail me if you don't mine..!!

OJ......

PS - Still smiling, and the wife is getting a bit Pi55'd off now...!!
Old 30 November 2002, 08:07 PM
Darren king
Scooby Regular

Oj, I've just picked up my V limited from the docks on wednesday
Old 30 November 2002, 08:12 PM
oj
Scooby Regular

Darren - Tell me more about your car..!! I remember when I first replied to a topic a while ago, and you mentioned then about your car being imported as well....

I can't remember whether you was doing SVA preperation yourself..??
Anyway, I would love to see photo's of your car..!! I bet you haven't stop smiling since..??

OJ..
Old 30 November 2002, 08:53 PM
Darren king
Scooby Regular

I'm doing the prep myself as I work in a garage although any advice is welcomed as mine has to go through the emissions test. It's a 98 STi 4 RA Limited in sonic blue, Ive had a std WRX an uk before but this is the exact car I always wanted in sonic blue with the gold 5 spoke alloys.

Being the V limited it has no ABS but water spray and electronic diff. Where are you going to get your conversion bits from? Mine has the digital speedo so its a bit more tricky.

.....what about yours?
Old 30 November 2002, 09:45 PM
wrx.co.uk
Scooby Regular

Does anyone know the difference between a V Limited and a 555 Limited on the Version 2.

The SIDC FAQ lists the GC8C4ED as a STI2 555 4 door and the
GC8C4DD as the RA STI2 V Limited.

Can't be much, same horses and looks identical.

Makes me wonder which one I have got!

Found on the Autotrader that JAP1 imports has a STI V Limited, this is the RA version, lightweight with variable diff and shock shift gearbox (I think they mean short shift), does that mean the V Limited's don't have electric windows etc, I'll give them a ring tomorrow.

In that case mine is a STI2 555 with all the electrics and less performance toys.

[Edited by wrx.co.uk - 11/30/2002 9:52:56 PM]

[Edited by wrx.co.uk - 11/30/2002 9:55:09 PM]

[Edited by wrx.co.uk - 11/30/2002 10:00:49 PM]
Old 30 November 2002, 10:59 PM
oj
Scooby Regular

Darren - Bought my clock a while ago, the rear fog light was the standard £5 from a car shop.. As for the MHP conversion unit, I don't know but will look on the net.. I can't help on the emission side, so best of luck.. So, you have a blue coloured one (oh missus..!!), just like WRX and myself with the gold wheels.. Boy, the Japanese have been busy selling these cars..... I'm really please with my buy..!

WRX - If your's a limited edition it will have the plague, but I could'nt tell you the difference.. I have seen very limited versions with electic windows etc, it all depends on the buyer if they wanted to pay for the extras.. Anyway, you won't be dis-appointed..!!

OJ

Still smiling.. trying to hide this form the missus...!! oppps, she just walked in and can't me smiling again.. not another wack on the head..!!
Old 30 November 2002, 11:40 PM
Ken Ross
Scooby Regular

The 555 Limited edition looked like this :-

or

Model number is GC8C4ED
Old 01 December 2002, 12:00 AM
petes555
Scooby Regular

OJ,

Im also the owner of a 95 555 STi
It has roof hatch, electric windows, red STi logo on seats also all the lightwieght panels, I could go on and on!

And yes the owner of three months still has the GRIN!!!!!!!

note: invest in a good alarm and imobolizer, if funds permit have a look at a tracker, I sleep better know!

Enjoy youll love it!!!!

PETE
Old 01 December 2002, 12:08 AM
oj
Scooby Regular

Petes555 - cheers, I'm same as you with all the specs.. Yes, I am enjoying my new car, even though I cannot drive on the road legally..!! Plan to fit alarm system, currently have a disklok and wife car parked in front..

Do you have pics of your car, I would welcome all your details etc...

Looking forward when it is registered ..

OJ..

Yep still smiling..!!
Old 01 December 2002, 10:20 AM
wrx.co.uk
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the pics KEN,

I have seen some with decals and some without, in the picture does the bottom left hand corner pics show this ????

Where did you get the pics from were they on the net???

Lee.
Old 01 December 2002, 10:51 PM
petes555
Scooby Regular

OJ
Go to SIDC.CO.UK and click on the links, in there youll find KENS STi pages, this web site will tell you all about your car, KEN has the same car as you and me, My car is a 95 N it doesnt have the stickers other than the STi on the head lamp covers. 4 inch exhaust which sounds sweeeet! KN panel airfilter , lockwood white dials with blue bulbs, momo leather gear ****, STi silver pedal set, STi logoed mats . My car has been in the country 3 years, I bought it from a lady in London who cried when I drove it away. I plan to have a trip to Power Engineering so I can have it rolling road tested,
Old 02 December 2002, 08:34 AM
normarker
Scooby Regular

"If your's a limited edition it will have the plague"
How are you getting that past the Port Health people then?

Old 02 December 2002, 09:59 AM
Ken Ross
Scooby Regular

Click Here to save you time.

[Edited by Ken Ross - 12/2/2002 10:00:47 AM]

Quick Reply: Picked up my import STI V2 555 today from the docks..