Sponsored by:

The End of the Road

Search this Thread

Old 13 October 2001, 07:59 PM
Rider
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Well, it's that time. I knew it would happen sooner or later and, to be honest, the writing was on the wall when Subaru introduced their 'facelifted' WRX (done by the same surgeon who works on Zsa Zsa Gabor, I believe).

It's time for me to bid goodbye to my Subaru.

After two years of happy hooning, and many helpful posts and replies from bbs members, I've had to hand my keys over to someone else. And suffer the consequences of depreciation into the bargain.

I handed my red MY99 turbo over last week. I was even given a lift to the railway station in it (surely the worst trip I've ever made, other than that one into a hedge last year).

The combined financial pressure of fuel bills and insurance have conspired to put my Subaru into someone else's driveway. And me? Well, I'm picking up a second hand Golf GT Tdi. Yes, diesel. I want to know the pleasure of only visiting petrol stations once a fortnight, of having money in my wallet when I leave them. So that's that. A diesel. Never thought I'd do it. Still, can't say as I'm being completely grown up, because there's still the Kawasaki ZX6-R to order next month!

Thanks to everyone who ever helped with advice. I'll no doubt be back now and again, to drip tears onto my keyboard.

Happy driving. I'll miss waving and being waved at and travelling at warp speeds.