Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is £24k a good price for a sub 30k mile 22b?

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2002, 01:59 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Stumbled across it yesterday and seriously thought about it

Imported but looked absolutley stunning. Sorry 'chelle but made yours look a tad tired

Just wondered

Mikey
Old 22 November 2002, 02:02 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

HELL YEAH!
Old 22 November 2002, 02:05 PM
Colin P
Scooby Regular

Any price is good for a 22B
Go for it.......
Old 22 November 2002, 02:23 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
I bet you will bottle it GO FOR IT
Old 22 November 2002, 02:59 PM
uxg
Scooby Regular

<Homer mode />

Mmmmmm....22b......aaarrgghhhhh (dribble driblle salivate)

<homer mode \>
Old 22 November 2002, 02:59 PM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

Wink

Mikey - Why don't you go for a car that is a bit more suited to you? Like a Micra...
Old 22 November 2002, 03:34 PM
seejay555
Scooby Regular

Go for it Mikey

Trending Topics

Old 22 November 2002, 05:02 PM
RESSE
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile

Mikey,

You buy it and employ me to drive it for you

Richard
Old 22 November 2002, 07:55 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

Saw this car advertised here http://www.emperorimports.co.uk/pricing.htm

Subaru Impreza 22B STi
Spec: 2 doors. 1998 GC8. 1 of 430 ltd editions made.
Blue JDM spec. Seam welded body. Water spray 16,700 miles (27,000km) Alloy wheels. Auto climate control. Power steering. Power windows. Adjustable Diff.
Price: £19,495 OTR

Worth a look or not?
Old 22 November 2002, 08:00 PM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

Gotta be a catch as that cant be an on the road price. I imagine you'd find that it will be plus VAT, Customs duty and shipping plus SVA etc etc.

If that really is an OTR price then it's an absolute bargain...

Tim
Old 22 November 2002, 10:18 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

It does say example prices for the cars.
Old 23 November 2002, 10:05 AM
R.B
Scooby Regular

Wink

Get your money out mikey

[Edited by R.B - 11/23/2002 10:05:41 AM]
Old 23 November 2002, 11:15 AM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Hi Guys that 22B at £19,495 OTR would of been its price registered in the UK, including all taxes, SVA test, cat 1 alarm and warranty, also including a cam belt service and valet as well. The only thing left to do, would be to insure it and fill it with petrol.
It was a real car which was sold at auction in Japan back in July, as are all the used examples given on the http://www.emperorimports.co.uk website.
That 22B was definitely a bargain though, maybe if I overpriced the cars, people would believe that they are real examples

To obtain the bargains as shown on the emperor imports site you just have to be prepared to play a waiting game for the right car to become available. Alternatively if you don't wish to wait to long, it is still possible to save some money on used cars but just not as much as on the 22B shown.

ian
http://www.emperorimports.co.uk
Old 23 November 2002, 11:28 AM
Gez
Scooby Regular

Guys you have to be really carefull when purchasing an import. I was very lucky with mine but i know other people who have had bad ones. A friend who bought a scoob sti 5 in found out after owning the car for 3 months that it had been in an accident in japan. Another thing you cant help is the mileage of the car. A lot of people clock them to get more money. It is pretty normal to see low mileage cars from japan but its just as common to see high milers. Best thing to do is to actually go to japan and view the car yourself (if you can afford it). The plus side is that most japanese dealers are very trustworthy as opposed to the uk counterparts! Who usually hide the truth.

Cheers

Gez

[Edited by Gez - 11/23/2002 11:29:53 AM]
Old 23 November 2002, 12:37 PM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Angry

I know exactly what is going on with this thread all these little hooks to draw me in and then when I post up explaining that the car is genuine, I get all this drivel directed at me. I must be doing something right to **** this many established dealers er sorry scoobynet users off.

Maybe if I was to just import the cars as is and not bother to service or clean or fit an alarm or give them a pre delivery inspection to ensure that there was no faults before someone purchased them off me I would not have these people waiting for me to post before virtually accusing me of clocking cars!

The mileages of cars purchased in Japan can be independently verified from numerous sources such as BIMTA.
Before emperor imports purchases a car on someone's else's behalf we would show them a copy of the auction sheet which go's into detail on the interior, exterior and mechanical condition of the car as well as listing the KM travelled. Also I would make available to them pictures of the car as well.

"Gez" (is that your real name?) if you have an example of a car you say emperor imports has clocked then put the details up for all to see! The cars that emperor imports have supplied have all had the odometer converted to record in miles rather than KM, they are accompanied with a certificate stating the details of this conversion. Emperor Imports would not ever adjust the recorded distance on the clock itself as this leads to accusations of "clocking" as seen here.

The person posting here has been very careful to be general in there accusations without being specific about who they mean, yet still slinging mud in my direction as I was the last person to post before them.

I myself have been a customer of an importer in the past and understand the real concerns and issues surrounding this method of buying a car and when I investigated the import market I realised that there was an opportunity to give people what it was that I had wanted as a customer and still make a living at it as well, I just would not be sticking £3-6K on top of what people can obtain the cars for themselves.

I have had numerous emails off of other importers masquerading as someone else enquiring about the total aspect of my pricing for the cars that I supply and at no time have I not responded with the information requested by these people as I have nothing to hide unlike other importers who never post in there own user name unless someone has praised their company on Scoobynet, if they was so involved in Scoobynet then they would post in there username on other matters apart from just business related stuff. There you have it they see the whole Impreza scene as that a Business opportunity first and foremost unlike myself who was an active member in his support for Scoobynet.

I initially first thought of starting emperor imports a year ago, at the time I was a moderator on the "other marques" forum of Scoobynet.
So I emailed Simon de Banke to inform him of my intention to start commercially importing cars and asked if it would be ok to post them up on Scoobynet, he pointed out that I would have a conflict of interests and would not be able to be a moderator of the other marques forum, I thought well I am only going to be importing used Imprezas so there will not be a conflict as I was not in control of Subaru related content on the board, but he was correct so I resigned as a moderator and set up Emperor Imports to import all marques of cars in July of this year, it has taken months of planning and preparation to get to the stage Emperor Imports is at and I will not let some other Importer/Dealer/user what ever hat they wish to wear today slag off the service we offer.

If I am wrong with thinking that this was an attempt to draw me into a mudslinging match then I am sorry, but with the amount of dirty tricks that have been employed lately I am beginning to become a bit paranoid Anyone who has met me knows that I am not a slick salesman or marketing genius, I am just a normal guy who is lucky enough to be in a position to work in the import cars scene.

Regards ian

Oh and Mikey £24K is a good price for a 22B that is already in the UK.
Old 23 November 2002, 12:42 PM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Arrow

"Gez" (is that your real name?) if you have an example of a car you say emperor imports has clocked then put the details up

Hang on a mo, am I missing something here...I can't see Gez saying that the car he's on about had anything to do with your company Ian .....

Old 23 November 2002, 01:33 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

Ian/555,
Yes you have got the wrong end of the stick, no ones accusing you of clocking any cars, I think the problem started when I posted that example of 22b for £19,995. The price was so good people had had doubts and suspected a catch somewhere, but as you rightly said there was no catch just a bloody good bargain!
Keep up the good work with Emperor Imports.

Old 23 November 2002, 02:41 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Ooops I only quoted what was written on the website and fully support the small blokes offering good customer service and great prices and product knowledge. I think someone got the wrong end of the stick and thought that the 22B was currently for sale by Emperor. As its clearly says on your website its an example price and you have stated one which you have actually sold.

Like you say they arent all that price and you have to wait and find the right one. I have no problem buying imports as I own an RA myself. I would have another import (Grey or Euro before a UK) as you get more/better metal for your money. BTW 20K is a very good price for a 22B OTR (so is 24K) the new owner must have been delighted, I know I would have been.

Good luck with the import business and at those price I will be in contact when I am looking for a replacement for the RA.

Cheers

ChrisP
Old 23 November 2002, 05:36 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Wink

Saw it again today (It had gained £4k on the price ) thus taking it out of my price range

Maybe next year eh (Seeing as it's november )

Mikey

Oh and leave Emperor alone
Old 23 November 2002, 06:49 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Cool

Mikey,

I saw it as well, very nice.

Little Bird told me it would go for somewhat less than £??k

Lee

Edited due to seller now on the thread and "Little Bird" may be upsetting seller

[Edited by logiclee - 11/23/2002 10:31:33 PM]
Old 23 November 2002, 10:01 PM
seejay555
Scooby Regular

Mikey,
I'm guessing this is my 22B you saw at TSL today? If you're seriously interested mail me off the board or call me on mobile - 07710 086444.
Old 24 November 2002, 09:37 AM
Steve Holmes
Scooby Regular

Jap spec for sale in Southampton for £31K....go for it mate!
Old 24 November 2002, 10:03 AM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

still a good price we have got a uk spec 22b with 10K on the clock going for wait for it ...................£38,500 but it is absolutly mint not even a stone chip
Old 24 November 2002, 10:11 AM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

Wink

Any of you lot seen this one over on bbs.22b.com?

http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/Forum27/HTML/000651.html

or direct on:

http://www.j-garage.com/sale/usedcars/stock/110842b22.html

Rather non standard car, but at $32000 (roughly £21k ) + shipping and all the other bit's might be worth a look
Old 24 November 2002, 05:26 PM
seejay555
Scooby Regular

No problem lee.
I know what I'll sell the car for and if anyone is interested they should speak to me direct.