Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Apology to TDI Plc. and ScoobyNet

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2001, 02:16 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to apologize unreservedly for the inaccurate comments I made concerning TDI Plc. late last month on a thread upon ScoobyNet. They were posted in haste in response to the original posters comments/questions. I shouldn't have been so forthright nor so offensive and for that I'm truly sorry to TDI Plc. who didn't ask for any of this. I have lied to members of ScoobyNet and acted in a childish and arrogant manner which was totally uncalled for.

Ian
Old 09 October 2001, 02:49 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would just like to point out that this is a clear indication of how a flippant comment without grounds can become a problem for all parties concerned.

TDI did not deserve the comments posted by IWatkins, and although we know him as a true gentleman his foolish post was neither accurate or warranted. This can easily happen, so it is important that we all take note.

I would also like to offer my thanks to TDI who have been very professional, and displayed support towards scoobynet even though they were so shocked to see the statements made. They have an excellent track record and we have received many positive comments about them.

I would like to thank Ian for the incredible level of support he has shown scoobynet, but I respect his decision to resign, but would urge him to reconsider as he has always been someone we can rely on.

In addition to this TDI have personally asked me to encourage Ian not to resign over this matter.

We would like to wish TDI all the best for the future and encourage you all to show them the support they have shown us. This was a clear mistake, and they have acted with integrity and support.

Best regards

webmaster
Old 09 October 2001, 06:14 PM
Rich_R
Scooby Regular

TDI fitted a HKS racing suction kit to my EVO 7 last week - top blokes and I got a nice cup of tea too

Ian, reconsider m8!!

Rich.
Old 09 October 2001, 06:55 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Ian,

Very bold of you mate.

End of story though, onwards and upwards. The apology has been accepted by both parties it seems. Keep the tag.

Cem
Old 09 October 2001, 07:22 PM
Luke
BANNED

Wink

Missed it .........
Still any Man that can put his hand up when wrong,is a fair guy. Simon DB ,must be protected from any legal Krap.

Any chance of a public Flogging??
This should make things even !!!
Old 09 October 2001, 07:36 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

I missed the TDI thing totaly, and I'll probably get blasted, but I don't even know what they do.

My point is that it takes a real man to post what you did Ian, and that deserves respect. If TDI are willing to accept your apologies then why not stay on?

David
Old 09 October 2001, 08:05 PM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yup fella stay on, didnt see the thread but as shark said it takes a real man to hold his hands up when he's wrong and it's easier to walk away.

We all make silly mistakes mate, your only human.

[This message has been edited by cryptwalk (edited 09 October 2001).]
Old 09 October 2001, 08:08 PM
Spudgun GTR
Scooby Regular

Cool

stay ian!

so...are TDI any good then?
Old 09 October 2001, 08:08 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Stay Ian

[This message has been edited by Deep Singh (edited 09 October 2001).]
Old 09 October 2001, 09:55 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Watty, reconsider m8 Missed the original thread, but I'm sure SDB, TDI and Scoobynet in general still would like a top muppet like you moderating Suspension
Old 09 October 2001, 10:28 PM
matt d
Scooby Regular

Well I know none of the parties concerned and have no qualification to speak on this matter. Given that, I'd just say that I'm sure all parties concerned are reasonable people, and know how easy it is to post something in the heat of the moment based on hearsay etc. I bet almost everyone here has done that at one time or other, and when posting here it's easy to forget that sometimes there's someone else's business and reputation at stake - over the net it doesn't seem quite "real" sometimes! I'm sure an honest apology like the one Ian has given would be accepted by any reasonable person or company. Don't resign! Even though I don't know you, the fact that you've posted this shows you should remain in your position! If even TDI want you to stay, then why not listen? Let's have a happy outcome not a bad one

Good luck to all involved, and I hope it is all sorted out.
Old 09 October 2001, 10:46 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Wink

Any more humble pie and you wont fit in those trousers matey
Old 09 October 2001, 11:40 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I missed the post too. However, for me, any person that has the guts to admit they were wrong and apologises, is a fair dinkum person. I look up to these people, they learn from their mistakes and admit it. We should all learn from this example and do the same if we make a mistake.

Ian, stay on and lead by example.

Cheers,

Wrexy.
Old 10 October 2001, 08:03 AM
the link
Scooby Regular

Hey guys
Especially Ian Watkins please do not resign it is totally my fault for starting that thread i only did so to find out what other scobbynetters used em as i used all the time
please please do not resign over this issue as life throws us into various situations and coming out of the challenge wiser and better equpped is what matters so i implore you in the name of all the good you've always represented in the past and will represent in the future do not resign it would be a lose to scoobynet
Old 10 October 2001, 08:29 AM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Wink

Ian don't resign,

You put your hands up, apologised....that is very hard to do sometimes.

Or I will be one step closer to moderator position

Now that IS scary!!!

Mcihelle