Audi TT's

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2001, 12:00 AM
Jason uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Steve,
I got a UK300, I actualy live in WGC but most of my mates are in Hoddesdon or North London so I'm normally going though Hertford quite regularly. Work in stevenage.

Nobody ever seems to see me! (boohoo)

J uk
Old 04 October 2001, 12:06 AM
MaKSiNG
Scooby Newbie

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by druddle:
Also, try getting your "laydeee" to get her extra large mcdonalds milkshake in through the window of a TT at the drive-thru.
Comedy value that one - hehehehehe.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you have just answered my question!
BTW never tried the MickeeD thru the window, wouldn't want to spill anything on my full nappa leather interior....what you don't have one.
Us TT drivers would much prefer to take our ladies down to a real sit down restaurant.

You're like school on a Sunday......NO CLASS!
Old 04 October 2001, 12:13 AM
Jason uk
Scooby Regular

Wink

TT drivers are just Porsche Boxster wannabes
who buy a car on image alone and not ability.

Any other poseurs out there with any comments

J uk

edited due to 3 year old spelling

[This message has been edited by Jason uk (edited 04 October 2001).]
Old 04 October 2001, 12:16 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Right, feel like having a damn good arguement now.
How classy is this?
me in outside lane of M25 in the cossie. doing 80.
All of a sudden this Wupert undertakes me in his silver TT and then winds down the window. Looks backwards at me AT 80MPH!!! and puts his finger in his mouth. he then takes off leaving me shaking my head, wondering where the police are when they are needed.
Classy car? Maybe. Pity about the drivers.
astraboy.
P.S. I can assure you that a Cosworth's pulling power (and I'm not talking caravans here) has in no way diminished with time

[This message has been edited by astraboy (edited 04 October 2001).]
Old 04 October 2001, 12:21 AM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Guys, why are we sinking to the ranks of doing what they all do in their forums?

It was pointed out in the past that all former disputes have been started by the other bbs not by us. Lets not change that.

You have to compare like with like and you arent when you are slating the tt.

The fact is, it has a beautiful interior and awesome build quality, with turbo charged performance that will excite the average car driver immensely. 0-60 in around 6 seconds is incredible performance.

I used to adore tts, but have grown tired of the shape now as I think they have been oversold. But others still love the shape, and the majority of people will never admit to the subaru being an attractive car. unfortunately this demographic includes women.

Where I live, all the rich young daddies girls would laugh their ***** off at my car and have done calling it a boy racer mobile all the time they have known me.

Why didnt I buy a boxster or a tt?

My only answer is that with an informed knowledge of cars, I chose the better drivers car and I like the fact that in all my time driving it, I hacve never crossed anotgher on the road.

I would agree that tts and boxsters will pull far more women than subarus or cosworths will. The women who love those tend to come from essex and hang around southend seafront.

Besides any girl with you cos you have a nice car is not worth having.
Old 04 October 2001, 12:24 AM
MaKSiNG
Scooby Newbie

Red face

OK, you cannot always choose the people who buy cars which are the same as yours, you will always get a couple of tw@ts. I would say that this is far more common with the Scooby brigade though.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by astraboy:
<B>P.S. I can assure you that a Cosworth's pulling power (and I'm not talking caravans here) has in no way diminished with time

[This message has been edited by astraboy (edited 04 October 2001).][/quote]

Yeah, but what are you pulling? I said 'Ladies' not 18 year old Shaza outside the Hippodrome with 3 kids at home all from different guys.
Old 04 October 2001, 12:26 AM
GavinP
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I think there is some pretty heavy "stereotyping" going on here - I have been "challenged" by all sorts of different cars....

The common link is the idiot behind the wheel - not the type of car they drive.

Thanks

Gavin

Trending Topics

Old 04 October 2001, 12:26 AM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

oh and maksing,

those with real class would not even bother entering into an argument with others about it. If you have to even answer, you have already lost.

A true snob will merely laugh inwardly and walk away smiling in the knowledge that they have won. Thats what my professor at cambridge always told me.

On another note, my wife and I, can't help but notice, that we are considerably richer than yow!

Old 04 October 2001, 09:54 AM
Jason uk
Scooby Regular

Angry

Does anyone else have consistant problems with D1ckheads in Audi TT's, I seem to be plaqued by them.
Only last night I had some Pencil necked little pillock try to goad me into a race down the A10 near Hertford/Hoddesdon.
Don't get me wrong, I do like the odd bit of fun, but they always seem to do it when the roads are to busy to be safe(ish).

As for the plumb last night, he was so close to my bumper that he has probably got an exhaust stain on his front bumber.
Had I not been late for a physio session, I would have followed him home and rammed his "unstable jelly mould of a car" up his chocolate wiz way.....

Arr... that's better

J uk
Old 04 October 2001, 10:01 AM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

I think they are still smarting from the Evo (or Car??) article that came out just before launch. The mag went over to Germany to pick up the TT and take it head to head with a UK Scooby. You can guess what happened...
Old 04 October 2001, 10:07 AM
frisby
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yeah I have bother with them every day, oh and here comes my boss now

[This message has been edited by frisby (edited 04 October 2001).]
Old 04 October 2001, 10:17 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

I would like to remind everyone of a light-hearted thread i started a couple of months ago when i just got my new Clio 172 when I said that I had a go with a 180 and 225 TT and wiped the floor with them round the twisties (and on the straights !!)

The response I got was amazing. By the time they had got their Next-suited perfectly-sculpted ***** off their high horses to b1tch and moan that the TT is not a performance car and i should compare mine with a similar car, they had well and truly put my back up about TTs in general.

So now the 172 is loosened up I take pride in humilitating them with a car thats 10 grand cheaper than they paid, and also flicking the Vs when i go past. Childish i know but it makes me chuckle.

BTW i know all TT drivers are not the same.

[zzziiipppp flame suit on]

Dave
Old 04 October 2001, 10:33 AM
zjs
Scooby Regular

Wink

Personally I think that Audi TTs were a god send. The fact that they flip over at high speed and roll around like upside down like flipped turtles, is proof of this. Natural selection. I wont say anymore but I think my own opinion can be gauged from that comment

IMHO I think the Audi TTs look cheap, and not dissimilar to a t*rd with a wheel in each corner.

Oh and performance wise in comparison to the Scoobies..! Is there a comparison? If so, was it worth it Mr Audi?

I think we all know what would happen if the P1 was compared to the top Audi TT! Don't we boys and girls!! Tee hee hee!

And yes, I realise that that comment is going to no doubt spark a few irritated replies, but let's not forget the name of this BBS board!

I of course am NOT saying that people who don't have Scoobies shouldn't write here, on a personal level it's great to hear from non-Scooby people, but these people SHOULD expect a strong defence of the Subaru if it is critisized.

There is a well known recent thread that received a long and fairly severe response to its implications, and we all know which one that is!!

Zak
Old 04 October 2001, 11:14 AM
MaKSiNG
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Pop Quiz Hot Shots:
Which cars gets the ladies everytime???
Old 04 October 2001, 11:14 AM
Orville
Scooby Regular

I always find that stopping my car, getting out, and hitting these people stops them from tailgating. Also, slamming your breaks really p1sses them off (especially as insurance companies always see them as the guilty party - only to be recommended when you own a crap car/Mondeo and have protected NCB).
Old 04 October 2001, 11:15 AM
frisby
Scooby Regular

the one with the cute puppy in the passenger seat...every time
Old 04 October 2001, 11:16 AM
krankyd
Scooby Regular

Smile

a porsche 911.

every time
Old 04 October 2001, 11:22 AM
zjs
Scooby Regular

Wink

Which car gets the ladies out of the TT and Scooby? That's debateable HOWEVER, which car has more back seat area to "entertain" the ladies?!

Isn't it strange though how Audi TT sounds so much better if you pronounce it Audi TiTi?!

LOL

Zak
Old 04 October 2001, 11:31 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Also, try getting your "laydeee" to get her extra large mcdonalds milkshake in through the window of a TT at the drive-thru.

Comedy value that one - hehehehehe.

Old 04 October 2001, 11:44 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by MaKSiNG:
<B>Pop Quiz Hot Shots:
Which cars gets the ladies everytime???[/quote]

The one with "Cosworth" written on the back.
If that fails, the astra with "Nitrous Equipped" written on the back.
rrrrriiiiiiiiidddddddeeee the punani!!!!!!!
astraboy.
Old 04 October 2001, 11:48 AM
Jason uk
Scooby Regular

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by astraboy:
<B> The one with "Cosworth" written on the back.
If that fails, the astra with "Nitrous Equipped" written on the back.
rrrrriiiiiiiiidddddddeeee the punani!!!!!!!
astraboy.[/quote]

I think your supposed to put the nitrous in the car, NOT SNIFF IT!.

J uk
Old 04 October 2001, 11:51 AM
stevencotton
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perhaps 15 years ago in Essex, Astraboy

Jason what do you drive? I might have seen you about.

Steve, MY98UK DGM, Hertford/Watton
Old 04 October 2001, 02:44 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by MaKSiNG:
<B>
Yeah, but what are you pulling? I said 'Ladies' not 18 year old Shaza outside the Hippodrome with 3 kids at home all from different guys. [/quote]
It was outside Royal Ascot actually. but there you go.
astraboy.
Old 04 October 2001, 02:54 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

<B> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by MaKSiNG:
BTW never tried the MickeeD thru the window, wouldn't want to spill anything on my full nappa leather interior....what you don't have one.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE></B>

Actually my Clio 172 has got leather interior (part of it - hehe)

<B> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Us TT drivers would much prefer to take our ladies down to a real sit down restaurant.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE></B>

What, like Little Chef ? Hehehehe

(P.S. I am not being b1tchy just having a laff in case anyone thinks i am)
Old 04 October 2001, 02:59 PM
zoog
Scooby Regular

Women are infuriating when it comes to cars:The other day I was behind a TT cabrio and was certainly shifting quite a bit (I drive an integrale evo) and my wife gets highly irritated all of a sudden and shouts:

" stop trying to race him just because hes got a porsche"

I was well pissed of as I wasn't racing or even bothered about the TT, and to imply i was jealous and to think it was a porsche was the last straw. I think she walked home....
Old 04 October 2001, 03:02 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by zoog:
<B> I think she walked home....[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
astraboy.
Old 04 October 2001, 03:05 PM
Jason uk
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by zoog:
<B>

Women are infuriating when it comes to cars:The other day I was behind a TT cabrio and was certainly shifting quite a bit (I drive an integrale evo) and my wife gets highly irritated all of a sudden and shouts:

" stop trying to race him just because hes got a porsche"

I was well pissed of as I wasn't racing or even bothered about the TT, and to imply i was jealous and to think it was a porsche was the last straw. I think she walked home....[/quote]

VERY GOOD.......
Old 04 October 2001, 03:07 PM
DominicA
Scooby Regular

Wink

Personally, cause this all seems to be getting kinda personal...I like Cossies, TTs, EVOs, Imprezas and lots more..If you don't, then who gives a ****? Each and every car has its bad points and its merits...and I mean every car....and yes I do know people with each of the above cars...cars are just cars, it's the drivers that you all seem to have problems with...try and remember that..

ps-blimey, a sensible post, what next
Old 04 October 2001, 03:18 PM
Jason uk
Scooby Regular

Smile

I have every respect for anyone in what ever they drive, I just don't like people who drive in a manner that could endanger other road users. It just so happens that lately I've come across TT drivers being D1cks.
At the right time and place, I will be all to pleased to show them how its done.

p.s mines got alacantra suede (fake in other words)

J uk
Old 04 October 2001, 03:19 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Wink

Dom - you got a temperature mate??

Think you should be pointed in the direction of the muppet forum to ween you off posting these sensible posts

Quick Reply: Audi TT's