Sponsored by:

What is it with the SIDC pt II

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2001, 08:48 AM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

So, in an about turn and a two-faced show that is only made possible by the glorious thing that is the internet/Scoobynet I am here to congratulate the SIDC for salvaging the AGM by extending the deadlines for committee nominations and submitting items for the agenda to October 19th.
To the folk posting from the safe annonymity of a little used Scoobynet account, most notably 'The Saint' I say *pah*, at least I have the guts to say something - alot of people know me, most importantly people on the commitee know me : Pete Croney, John Stewart, Lee C ..I don't hide behind an alias. I am glad I was able to raise awareness of the AGM and it's importance through my previous post, if I pissed strangers off at least I can hope I made them think.
I have some items I'd like to raise at the AGM, but still won;t be able to attend so anyone want to sponsor them?
1 - Permenant move of AGM date to October (if not already incorporated into club rules) July is too full of holidays to expect a good show at the AGM.
2 - Voting for commitee members by proxy for those unable to attend (ok I expect it's a logistical nightmare though)
3 - Clarifying rules for trackday booking with regards to non-impreza cars, and publishing them in the rules.
4 - Discuss whether True Grip could be supplied to members on CD instead of h/c if requested - would it save money for the club?
5 - Publishing of Agenda prior to the AGM so that issues requiring a vote can be voted on by proxy.
6 - Appointing an action group to try and get a statement from IM(or any other legally binding body) verifing Scoobysports
stance that a Scoobysport stamp on the servicebook WILL NOT invalidate the warranty on UK scoobs. This could be very significant. It would also be good for other independent garages of course.
If IM wont play ball maybe the club could look into hiring a solicitor to persue the case?
Damn this boy can ramble
Regards
Chuck

oops, edited to say I'm not sure JohnS is onthe committe, but he damn well should be Scotlish SIDC kicks ****!

[This message has been edited by chuckster (edited 03 October 2001).]
Old 03 October 2001, 09:16 AM
ChrisB

That most helpfull and excellent Mr Stewart bloke is on the committee according to
Old 03 October 2001, 09:53 AM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Cool

Old 03 October 2001, 09:57 AM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Cool

'Chuckster' - I don't hide behind an alias.....You don't half talk some bo11ox Alan!
Old 03 October 2001, 10:03 AM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Rich, u talk the talk, but u also wear Megs underwear ;-P
Old 03 October 2001, 10:17 AM
SecretAgentMan
Scooby Regular

Cool

Wonder if Rich wore Megs panties on that "backwards trip through fence" day?

*ehuehuehu*

Chuck told me that he found out after extensive research and testing that lace doesn't soak up the brown stuff that well.

/JMan
Old 03 October 2001, 10:23 AM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Chuck regardless of this banter, I think you have raised some good points there and have some good ideas.

I am not sure I can attend the agm ether but I am sure someone here would be willing to raise these issues.

No doubt Pat will be there, and even if he doesnt agree with them, I think he would be willing to voice your opinion for you.

You could always ring him and ask.

I have his number if you want it.

Trending Topics

Old 03 October 2001, 01:48 PM
DominicA
Scooby Regular

Wink

Chuck, we hear what you're saying, but from here it sounds like "nernerner my names Chuck, i'm a big moaning to55er, I love Pete and John but I don't want to do trackdays with other cars because they might overtake me.."

Ronnie : LOL
Old 03 October 2001, 02:21 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Cool

...I didn't go 'though' the fence turnip dude...I just missed it.

Chuck - You havenot returned the pair you borrowed yet !

Nice pic of you and Jerry by the way
Old 03 October 2001, 03:49 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Adam M:
<B>I am not sure I can attend the agm ether but I am sure someone here would be willing to raise these issues.[/quote]

Come on Adam, with the amount you've got to say on the matter ( ), you should definitely try and make it - that's what the AGM's for after all....

Matt
Old 03 October 2001, 04:48 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Actually matt, I dont have much to say on the matter.

The sidc for me was about track days, and in that respect no one can deny they are very good already, I can understand chuck not wanting to be bored by driving around with imprezas all day long. especially as from what I have seen, they just get in his way.

I find the social and community side of things comes from scoobynet which is free , it shouldn't be down to scoobynet.

From where I stand everything sidc related comes via scoobynet, so I dont see why they shouldnt be affiliated. I learn nothing from letters or emails and the sidc bbs although it looks great, just doesnt get the hits of this one, so why bother posting twice. The fact that this forum is being used for such a discussion illustrates the point.

I dont like to complain frankly because I am not prepared to raise my hand and say I will do a better job, I am not about to stand up and criticise those who run it personally.

I do however find it hard to believe that all those who do contribute to running it, do it selflessly for the good of the community. Fair enough they deserve something in return for their hardwork, but that makes them businessmen, not saintly volunteers.
Old 03 October 2001, 07:42 PM
SecretAgentMan
Scooby Regular

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by RichB:
<B>
Nice pic of you and Jerry by the way [/quote]

What...this one?

/J
Old 04 October 2001, 01:26 AM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Talking

Oi, Chuckster, wash your car, there appears to be a turnip stuck to the passenger (English R/H/D/Model) car door handle!. :-)

Jerry, get your *** back over here, I need a good excuse to go down the town.
Old 04 October 2001, 08:29 AM
SecretAgentMan
Scooby Regular

Talking

*lol*

Hello Mike!!! Long time...
I'd love that, Nottingham was one of the highlights (We're still bugging Maddy abt the shoe incident).

We're aiming for the Scoobysnacks X-mas thingy in 7oaks first w/e in December.

We'll be back...

/J
Old 04 October 2001, 09:30 AM
RichB
Scooby Regular

I bet there's a story to be told about that picture....

....maybe not
Old 04 October 2001, 09:42 AM
KimA
Scooby Regular

Wink

Chuck saying to Jerry "Right...I start the engine...we open all the doors...then on the count of 3, RUN!"
Old 04 October 2001, 11:23 AM
DominicA
Scooby Regular

Cool

[This message has been edited by DominicA (edited 04 October 2001).]
Old 04 October 2001, 11:34 AM
KimA
Scooby Regular