Sponsored by:

legacy turbo suspension upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 29 September 2001, 06:52 PM
bob c
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I have a 92 legacy turbo saloon which up till now has handled pretty well with std shocks and 25mm lowered KONI progressive springs. One of the rear dampers has gone which has prompted me to sort out the handling a bit. I intend fitting some poly anti roll bushes front and rear if I can find a supplier. Not found one yet.
I also want to fit new dampers all the way around to freshen the handling up a bit. A friend suggested a full set of 98 imprezza units, possibly STi. He thought they would lower the car about an inch all the way around based on the std ride height. I am a bit concerned the extra weight in the legacy will not be compatable with the imprezza springs & have also heard mixed reports as to them fitting properly - something about the rear strut top mounts not being the same. At the least I can always just fit a new set of std dampers, but thought I would see if anyone had done any upgrades successfully.......
Old 30 September 2001, 02:04 AM
Mark Coleman
Scooby Regular

Hi Bob

sold my 93 WRX springs and dampers to a friend of mine who had a legacy turbo. Fitted like a dream and lowered by about 30mm I think - much better handling I was told.

Not sure if there are any differences with later models, suspect not.

Mark
Old 30 September 2001, 05:39 AM
TURBO7379
Scooby Regular

Impreza shocks will fit OK but the springs definitely won't . If you are using standard impreza shocks the ride height won't change . I have a MY91 2.2 GX4WD legacy and have replaced the shocks with impreza turbo on the front and legacy turbo on the back . I used impreza ones as they were cheaper than legacy ones at the time from the dealer . It gave me a big improvement in handling as the old shocks were well worn . I've done 20k miles and 5 track days on this setup and no problems so far . Good luck with getting legacy help on this BBS or from the subaru tuning industry as it is all geared towards imprezas .

Derek

[This message has been edited by TURBO7379 (edited 30 September 2001).]
Old 30 September 2001, 07:32 AM
AJbaseBloke
Scooby Regular

Bob,

Take a look at
Old 30 September 2001, 10:39 PM
bob c
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the help guys.

Much appreciated.

Bob
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by AJbaseBloke:
<B>Bob,

Take a look at
Old 01 October 2001, 05:45 PM
Mark Coleman
Scooby Regular

Bob

not sure where Turbo is coming from here - as I say my mate did a straight swap and they fitted perfect plus lowered the car.

He didn't say they needed any mods.

Call Pete Croney at Scoobysport, Basildon, Essex as he has done a bit with the legacy and will I'm sure give you the complete low down

Mark
Old 01 October 2001, 08:50 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I think Pete Croney at Scoobysport may do some. I think I did get a positive reply from him many years ago when I enquired!

Mick