Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Days

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2001, 09:59 PM
vmax
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never been to a track day as a scooby owner. I have been on track days in my souped up 4k modded astra which was a lot of fun.

If the car gets spanked or wasted not to much to cry about. So I did not mind pushing it a bit. However the scoob is a different matter. How competitve are you guys on the track. I want to push the car to really see what it can do. But I would like to drive it home.

Sound like wus don't I.....

It took me a long time to save up for my scoob. I just hate to see it in the bin.

Old 28 September 2001, 10:07 PM
Danny Fisher
Scooby Regular

Vmax, we have instructors at our days. Get one of those to come for a ride with you, if not grap Stef or Pete Croney.

We have very good manners on track. Anyone being naughty gets a slap on the rist and told to behave. At the end of the day these are for most of us our road cars. So we like them to finish the day in one peice.

Take it at your own pace, dont be pushed to take a corner at a speed you think is too quick.

Dan
Old 29 September 2001, 07:05 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

While Rob Mac is a seriously nice bloke and everso helpful and a great instructor, you really dont want to get told off by him either. So the result is that some are slightly competitive but everyone is well behaved As Danny said, almost everyone will be in the same boat as you and need to drive the car home afterwards.
Old 30 September 2001, 02:46 PM
vmax
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys

Thanks for the reassurance. I have been a bit cautious after seing pics of wasted P1's and battered porkers on the BBS.

I even saw a post of wasted MY01 and comments like it desevered it for being so ugly.

I thought this sounds a bit like Gladiator to me.... A tad expsense as well. I would love to take my scoob on the track. Just weighing up the risks involved.

Cheers

Vmax
Old 30 September 2001, 04:30 PM
gregh
Scooby Regular

Vmax,

Make sure you get along to an SIDC day, very well run and good manners, also open pit lane means no hassle and *loads* of track time

I was lapping Croft near the end of the last SIDC day there and it felt like I was on my own, no traffic to be seen!