Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my missus called me a ****

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2002, 10:50 AM
Stephen Read
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's neigh-chance a horse costs less to run than a Scoob!

[Edited by Stephen Read - 11/8/2002 10:50:27 AM]
Old 11 August 2002, 11:23 AM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
My dad hates my scoob!! He called me a **** when I got it!! Everytime something goes wrong with it he gloats and says "told you so" GIT!!!! Me and my fella love it but are gonna sell it soon Running costs too high This will also give dad another chance to say "Told you so". He's gonna sh*t it when he finds out we are getting rid so we can afford a baby though!!!

[Edited by red_dog104 - 11/8/2002 11:24:10 AM]
Old 11 August 2002, 05:39 PM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

[rs mode] yeah but my car will outperform every scooby in the world and will still hold no value in 10 years time [/rs mode]
[SN v RSOC mode]What value?[/SN v RSOC mode]

[Edited by AndiThompson - 11/8/2002 5:40:28 PM]
Old 08 November 2002, 09:54 AM
davy1
Scooby Regular

Just because my scooby does about 20mpg ,and I top up what seems every other day,my missus reckons Im a **** for buying it.
Ive tried to explain the fun factor,but she reckons her horse is more exciting.Considering she goes menthol when ever I go above 4000rpm,how can I convince her.
By the way,any1 see the scoob on enders last night!!!!!!haha
And was that cossies car martin was driving.
Old 08 November 2002, 09:59 AM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Wink

Don't know why but the thought of a woman sitting in the passenger seat, arms crossed, scowling saying nothing and suddenly saying.."****" .... Makes me laff

Mikey
Old 08 November 2002, 10:01 AM
davy1
Scooby Regular

Wink

suppose it does have its funny side
Old 08 November 2002, 10:05 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Since I got rid of my STI, and bought the Jag X-Type, I've been having a great deal of difficulty with the fact that my wife no longer refers to our primary mode of transport as "that stupid car".
Old 08 November 2002, 10:10 AM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Talking

Stop lol

Is that like....... hang on i feel a muppet thread coming on

Best i go do that

Mikey
Old 08 November 2002, 10:14 AM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

Since selling my 200sx and buying the scoob wagon, my mom stopped moaning about me for a having a 'stupid' car. Fortunately, she has no idea what a scoob is

Unfortunately she now moans about me needing a new job because she doesn't like me being on a contract and not permanent. (yes, i'm nearly 30, moved out 8 years ago, and my mom still moans at me... does the moaning ever stop?)

Oh... and the g/f doesn't call me a tw@t... she just hits me.
Old 08 November 2002, 10:44 AM
gareth60
Scooby Regular

Talking

My Wife moans about my car, but she knows that if I had an "ordinary" car, then I would be unbearable. Deep down, I know she likes it also, even if it is very expensive and only does 20mpg on a good day!!!

Gareth.
Old 08 November 2002, 10:47 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

When I bought my Scoob, I thought my Mrs would hate it (gold wheels, STi V spoiler, Scoobysport exhaust) but she loves it.

My Dad on the other hand hates it with a passion (his comment on seeing it was "I thought you'd grown out of that phase"), as does my older sister whereas my younger brothers and sisters love it.
Old 08 November 2002, 11:17 AM
DaveR
Scooby Regular

It's the thought of you wife going 'menthol' that cracks me up
Old 08 November 2002, 11:24 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Talking

When I go above 3,000 RPM my missus says DO YOU HAVE TO DO THAT, in which I reply well I have to get by it my love
Cheers
Colin
Old 08 November 2002, 11:33 AM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I'd be worried if the wife was 'enjoyed' the horse
Old 08 November 2002, 11:40 AM
Molds
Scooby Regular

I get nagged at _every_ time the car comes on boost. Maybe its my driving but the other half reckons she feels sick after about 10 mins in the car with me. Doesn't matter that I protest I am a boy and have to play with my toys. Hitting boost = she hits me. If we have been arguing I love to wait for her to relax and drop it a gear and floor it, she bashes her head on the back of the seat every single time, oooh i am giggling just typing this. I like to follow that by taking a few corners in a rather different manner than when we are in her Pug 1.1 Errr, guess thats why she calls me tw@t sometimes too

I am getting me coat, ok....
Old 08 November 2002, 11:41 AM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

Considering she goes menthol when ever I go above 4000rpm
so she can afford mint flavored ciggies then??? and you let her smoke in the car!!

BB
Old 08 November 2002, 11:42 AM
gadget kev
Scooby Regular

i get called worse than a **** by the misses.

'why did you have to buy that car, its costs to much to run.'
Old 08 November 2002, 11:42 AM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

My mother refered to my car as 'the noose round my neck'.

Had a complaint from the mother-in-law the other day too. She said i was driving like a lunatic. I was sitting at 25mph in heavy traffic, leaving plenty of space, hadn't overtaken anyone, in the inside lane, and with my 9 month pregnant girlfriend sitting in the passenger seat.

I put the complaint down to the solid suspension and the flat four noise. Didn't stop me telling her to get out and walk if she didn't like it though. She still thinks that her son's 1.4 corsa is a better car. Daft old slapper!!
Old 08 November 2002, 11:45 AM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

Wink

same as, i get the shrill in the left ear of "WILL YOU F###ING SLOW DOWN, YOU DONT HAVE TO DO THAT DO YOU". Generally followed by a slap, i find the volume button on the stereo after that. My reasoning is, if you couldnt hear the exhaust as much you wouldnt bother as much. She could always walk. In contrast:missus in the car: drive like a flat cap sunday driver. On me own, sedated, until provoked or i find myself at the twistys. Provoked means by anything, not the chance of a burn or to show off, could be quality tune out of the speakers, makes my right foot heavier. (of course in controlled conditions)
Old 08 November 2002, 12:05 PM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Daft thing is, I can actually drive far faster in the X-Type when my wife's on board than I ever could in the STI. 60mph in the STI, and I was getting the looks and the 'slow down' comments. Whereas in the X-Type, we're wafting along at 115mph and she doesn't bat an eyelid.
Old 08 November 2002, 12:18 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Wink

Chloroform's a wonderful thing eh MarkO
Old 08 November 2002, 12:41 PM
LEGACYTURBS
Scooby Regular

MarkO

Since I got rid of my STI, and bought the Jag X-Type, I've been having a great deal of difficulty with the fact that my wife no longer refers to our primary mode of transport as "that stupid car".

This nearly made me cry, damn thats funny!
Old 08 November 2002, 12:48 PM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I get the same too as soon as I go on boost -- and this from the woman who drives her Punto 55 like Tommy Makinen on the last stage of the Thousand Lakes.

Did you know that you can rev Puntos past 7000? Neither did I 'til I was sat beside my wife (by the way, it's redlined at 6K ...)
Old 08 November 2002, 12:57 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

My missus said that if I ever got a Scoob, she'd refuse to travel in it. Good thing I've gone off Scoobs or she'd be doing a lot of hitchhiking
Old 08 November 2002, 01:01 PM
Soapy Sam
Scooby Regular

Sounds like I'm a lucky bloke - I've been married to the missis for 23 yrs and she loves the scoob, won't drive anything else and tells me occasionally that the handling isn't quite right, so I check the tyre pressures and sure enough, they're a bit out...

I first got her interested in quick motors by getting a Delta turbo, it was hard to drag her away from it. She did get the right hump one day when I missed a downchange (aaaaaaaaaaagh) into a tight left hander and we spent a second or 2 at 90 degrees to the hedge on full opp lock but luckily i caught it and I carried on as if nowt had happened. After one of those silences she said "if you EVER do that again......." She didn't have to finish the sentence.....

Just explain to her why scoobs are such fun and how safe they are 4wd in the wet etc etc it worked for me. (Even after the incident above)

Old 08 November 2002, 01:05 PM
davy1
Scooby Regular

she knows the car is safe.Its me she dont trust,
Shes seen me on me R6,which dont help i spose
Old 08 November 2002, 01:43 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

My mum is 70 next year, she loves the Scoob, especially when I boot it. I gave her and a freind a lift recently and I had to boot it off the lights as I was in the wrong lane, my mum cooed, her mate got a neck strain !
Regards,
Andyp

PS Only ever been flat out in the Scoob twice, guess who was sitting next to me encouraging me on one occasion

Old 08 November 2002, 02:05 PM
RichardPON
Scooby Regular

I've had worse.

My missus told me she thought my beautifully modified cossie was, and I quote, "a heap of ****", and said the Land Rover Freelander I had was a "really nice car".......

women...............
Old 08 November 2002, 02:11 PM
Jon1T
Scooby Regular

Cool

My scoob also has a strange screeching sound coming from the n/s when it goes onto boost - it's the wife. Especially when pulling away from junctions - and also if I do anything over 80mph and any time that I accelerate...oh and also if I brake too hard, or go round corners too fast, or heel and toe or get within 100ft of the car in front....

It never bothers her in any other car whe've had tho. Maybe I should get a X-type, but they look like they were fired in the oven wrong and came out a bit mishapen.
Old 08 November 2002, 02:30 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

I must be lucky, my missus loves the car, apart from the big daft exhaust and my Mum actually said it's about time I got a nice sensible car that's easy to drive this is after several std Golf GTi's and an XR4x4 amongst many others best forgotten

brickboy, you wanna hear/see a Ford Ka in the hands of a woman on a mission

Quick Reply: my missus called me a ****