Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

How Much!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2002, 08:15 AM
waggy doo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right. ive just had call from my coachworks to explain that i will have around 10 to 14 days to wait for the parts for my MY96WRX to come in.Fair enuff it is an import.All the work is being done on my insurance so the cost of the parts dont effect me but Bloody Hell these parts are way beyond what i expected.
Bonnett £640
Headlamp £275
Air Con Rad over£400
Side light £90
Also required are bumper,Grill,wing and bonnet vents.Unsure of the price of these at this time.
Old 06 November 2002, 08:54 AM
lpitt
Scooby Regular

These are 'insurance' prices remember. If you went direct to a dealer and asked to get the same pieces fitted it would be much cheaper. Insurance companies always get ripped off and that's part of the reason our premiums are so high.

Next time you need a new windscreen ring up for a quote to pay yourself first. Then get it replaced and see how much the insurance company is charged for the same work!

Laurence
Old 06 November 2002, 08:56 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

...and this is why insurance premiums are so 'kin much! I'm sure some garages use an insurance job as an excuse to take the urine (and charge for taking it, too)
Old 06 November 2002, 09:38 AM
dnb
Scooby Regular

Yep - Insurance cos. get ripped off on repairs. Needless to say it is all passed on.

£550 for a door reshape & respray on insurance...
£200 if I pay cash! (below most people's excess...)