ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Which Subaru model please??

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2002, 12:33 AM
ninjaman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,
I was a member of this forum before I got rid of my UK subaru due to house buying.
I am now considering buying a subaru again. Sorry but it is a choice between a subaru and possibly a mitsubishi evo.
Can anyone tell me what is a good VERY tunable subaru model (My old subaru turbo, as told by tuners in the business, was not really good for tuning as it is not a standard 276bhp.Their words not mine!!)
I am looking at a 4 door model but in the £10-£13,000 mark( don't like the new subaru so that is out of the question.)
Can anyone help me please.
Regards
Ninjaman
Old 06 November 2002, 07:02 AM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

stretch to another grand, £14000 and buy a RB5 m8, there is a schweet clean one on here for sale.

u wont be dissapointed
Old 06 November 2002, 07:34 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Wink

have u checked out SIDC faq 4 the basic model guide but if it's the 280 BHP or so starting block then it's the STi's u will seek so not an expert on prices but i guess u shud find sumin scweet 4 da money. Although if it is just stoopidly large horse power u seek then u may b best going 2 another brand (oh my god i'm a blasphemur stone the heretic ) as the scoob engine aren't quite so easily tweakable as sum alternatives but dont get me rong u can still get more than anough power than u r ever likely 2 need but how far u wana go depends on yer mod budget n all i suppose
Si & his flame suit
Old 06 November 2002, 08:11 AM
ninjaman
Scooby Newbie

Thanks people,
as I have been away for a couple of years
I have lost interest in the model (sorry!!)as I had to sell my UK subaru turbo (standard 208?? modified to roughtly 260 all with HKS stuff!!! cost me a future!!!) I am now considering the import sti but 4 door (planning for the future!!) as these are the only ones that I know that have 276bhp and the stronger block for modifications (mad modifications!!!!)
I have mentioned that I am also considering the mitsubishi evo bit are there other models to look at??? (just got the current banzai mag, over 500bhp!!!! can a subaru be taken to these levels safely and still be used as a road car????)

rb5 286- What is the spec of this car please??

scooby_si-I have looked at the FAQ (does not actually give me the information I am looking for (unless I cannot read it properly and I have read it in 1998!!!) have considered the evos but what others have you in mind

Thanks again for your help,
Regards
Ninjaman

Old 06 November 2002, 09:41 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Red face

Yeah u kud b right there aint all the relevant stats on the faq but just fort i'd show it incase u hadn't sen it b4 for the sorta maoney yer looking at yer not guna b in skyline money obviously but if u didn't want the fantastic subaru reliability & had a big break down budget u kud get a cossie 4 that money & then 500bhp kud b achieveable allthough u will need an oil tanker on standby 4 all those engine pear shaped moments Anyway b4 ui start h8ing myself 4 recommending another brand personally i wood go the STi or even type R or sumin if u can get a half decent un for that moeny so u c i am still a subaru obseesive
Si
NB i aint no genious so others maybe able 2 give better specifics but just a few forts i am also tempted by going the more powerful import route rather than spending cack loads on em MY97 turbo 2000 but tooooooooooooo skint 4 owt @ minute
Old 06 November 2002, 09:42 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Wink

But if it is just performance & not such a nice road car yer after then evo mayb car 4 u?
Si (off 2 punish myself 4 such evil talk )
Old 06 November 2002, 09:57 AM
ninjaman
Scooby Newbie

Cool

No scooby_si I would not even consider hating you??!! what for, mate??
At least you are being honest and straight to the point.
I myself love the subaru (that is why I am looking to get one again!!)but considering the other options avaible to me now I was looking at the tuning side of the cars.
The situation I am in at the moment will not allow me to have anything that is a 2 door. I am looking at keeping this car for a while!!!!(family has been mentioned by g/f!!!)
Insurance is another point that I am looking into.
The area where I have brought my house is too close (in the insurance companies mind) to a high crime area so anything 'better' is a no-no.
I am 31 with full ncb and having given fast cars before I may get away with an import, but if there is a subaru which is a UK model that has the same engine as the import I will be interested.
I need to know which 4 door model subaru is the best one to choose for heavy modifying, like a table, from the best to the worst.
Can anyone help me here please??
Regards
Ninjaman
Old 06 November 2002, 10:01 AM
ninjaman
Scooby Newbie

Hi,
I may even consider the older models (maybe better for me so that I will have more money to modify it!!
My plan is to modify it both internal as well as external (like my old one
Anything considered as long as it is a 4 door and can be highly tunable!!!!
Regards
Ninjaman