Sponsored by:

STi 220-330kw

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2002, 05:27 AM
swan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'ello all,

A local magazine called Speed & Sound (Max Power wannabe type), issue 14 has a fairly glowing article on the STi. They do however reference "tuning stages" in the UK which I've never heard of:
"In the U.K., there are three tuning stages available. Stage 1 boosts the power up to 220kw; Stage 2 jumps up to 250kw and Stage 3 pumps out a staggering 291kw. There is also a Stage 4 conversion on the cards with estimations being in the region of 330kw. With South Africa's close ties with the U.K., it shouldn't be long before these are available from some local aftermarket tuners."

Any idea who/what they're referring to?
Old 28 October 2002, 10:46 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

There is one company (but im not going to name them) that i have seen advertise this sort of thing but ive never seen them put a car on the rolling road in public to show what their tuning is like.
Now i have seen other companies who do demonstrate what they can do (as was demonstrated at Well Lane yesterday with a 417bhp STi6 Wagon ) whom i would prefer to take my car to for tuning purposes, but thats just my honest opinion

Tony