Sponsored by:

I got reversed into...

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2002, 06:18 PM
adeel.a
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

That's right everyone; it happended a little while ago but I thought I should open this up to the 'scooby community'...

I was waiting behind a Renault Leguna (a good 2 feet) ready to turn on a main road in Putney, before I knew it CRACK!!!

I thought 'what the !#*! happened there... I stepped out and I was angry, shocked and very upset because the idiot who 'accidentally' put his automatic in reverse said " oh I'm really sorry I am tired, it's my mistake'.

Cut a long story short he didn't want to give me his details so I was not going to waste my time, I took his reg number and car details. He accused me of being a thief because I wanted to claim through his insurance 'over a little scratch'...

He has managed to scrape the lower lip and misaligned the front bumper with his tow bar ... but you do have to look real close for the misalignment...

After many strong conversations with him over the phone, I gave up chasing him, the insurance company can't do anything because he has not replied to any correspondance or reported the incident to his own insurance company.

I got fed up waiting and got the lip repaird cos everytime I looked at it, it upset me... It could have been worse because my number plate took a lot of the impact to prevent more external damage.

So what do I do, how can I get money out of this person... I am out of pocket and feel helpless!!!

All replies are appreciated...

[Edited by adeel.a - 10/22/2002 6:26:03 PM]
Old 22 October 2002, 06:44 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

He's failed to report an accident [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] if you have ANY of his paint on any part of your car then you can use it as evidence, pop down the police station and report this tw@t soonest.

Tony
Old 22 October 2002, 07:20 PM
ADY 555 !
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

If you have his address and number plate, return the compliment, (with a baseball bat) because the police won't be intrested in your claim. Beleive me been there done that. Knock for knock and all that it stinks. Just make sure no one sees you.
Old 22 October 2002, 07:47 PM
adeel.a
Scooby Regular

Unfortunatley it was his tow bar that done the damage, however not to be vindictive or act against the 'law of the land' I have a surname, a mobile number and Reg no; will this help me identify where I can locate the 3rd party...
Old 22 October 2002, 08:01 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

You'll be lucky. Baseball bat, pickaxe handle, tyre iron, take your pick. Anything else is a waste of your time.
Alcazar
Old 22 October 2002, 08:03 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

Something similar happened to me, I turned right into a T junction across an old guy waiting to turn right out of it. He went before I had fully cleared his car, and he hit my rear quarter splitting my bumper & rupturing the fuel tank. He stopped looked at my car, looked at me then scarpered. I turned round, followed him, took his registration and reported him to the Police.
I got:
My fuel tank replaced, the rear of the car repaired and the first full valet a car of mine has ever seen
He got:
The Police knocking on his door at 8am, convicted for driving without due care & attention and failing to report an RTA, six points on his license and a substantial fine.

Report it, you know it makes sense

BTW there is a time limit after which the Police cannot act (3 months I think)
Old 22 October 2002, 11:09 PM
adeel.a
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Thanks for all your valued and variety of solutions; I will probably have to take them on board...

I will begin with the low risk one first... and if that doesn't work, on to the next level...

Trending Topics

Old 22 October 2002, 11:43 PM
Omen
Scooby Regular

I came out of my girlfriends house one mornin to find my 3 week old car panelled in on the wing!!! I re-traced the steps as to how it could have happened and there was only one person it could have been so went across to the house and the wifey said nowt. Went back that night to find the rear of his car all panelled in too with fibre glass dust all over! Went to him and he denied it point said the dink on his car was there when he bought it 3 months ago!! Laugh, my head nearly fell off!

Anyway he turned violent so i made my exit and rang plod who went over and he admitted it all! Then he tried harrassing me into going 50/50! Cheeck of it. Said he would come out on top so i said fine. He got 100% the git!

Was still gutted about my 3 week old car though!

Old 23 October 2002, 05:38 AM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Angry

I gotta nice dent of mine, went out to Tesco's for cat food.
Came back dent on rear just above the light and paint damage to the bumper