Sponsored by:

Who's The Daddy?

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2001, 10:44 PM
Al Cook
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

All great clubs have a captain. This is a great club. Therefore we should have a captain. But who is it?

I've been on this venerable BB for a few years and seen lots of posts by some clued up guys and girls, who command some respect.

But who's 'The Man'. That charismatic person who everyone admires for the car, the tehnical and driving ability and for being an all round good egg!

Mmmm now let me see....
Old 09 September 2001, 06:32 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Talking

This is a dangerous post. If you miss someone out, then they may get offended.

I would, however have to say that without the hard work of Simon de Banke there would be no scoobynet, no sideways world record and IMHO we would be a lot poorer for it.

However, everyday someone contributes something only they have expertise in, to someone who does not. Although we focus on the personalities that everyone knows about, because they post a lot, have a lot to say or arrange lots of meets I'm becomming more and more aware of the massive contribution given by who seldom post, have no idea what a muppet is and mostly stay in the background. It's my experience that these 'semi lurkers' often add the only answer to an obscure thread. They may not have added 100000000 posts but to the guy they just helped, their single post was the godsend that saved him 100's of quid.

So joint captains would be, all of us

Old 09 September 2001, 07:01 AM
Luke
BANNED

If you find Daddy,tell him his dinner is on the table
Old 09 September 2001, 08:26 AM
ernie
Scooby Regular

my dads bigger than your dad and he'd win in a fight D
Old 09 September 2001, 09:19 AM
rsquire
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>But who's 'The Man'. That charismatic person who everyone admires for the car, the tehnical and driving ability and for being an all round good egg!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you've been on the BBS for a couple of years and you have to ask this question????

DUH

Old 09 September 2001, 10:25 AM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Wink

who's the daddy?

why, the nissan skyline is
Old 09 September 2001, 10:51 AM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Neil Smalley:
<B>This is a dangerous post. If you miss someone out, then they may get offended.

I would, however have to say that without the hard work of Simon de Banke there would be no scoobynet, no sideways world record and IMHO we would be a lot poorer for it.

However, everyday someone contributes something only they have expertise in, to someone who does not. Although we focus on the personalities that everyone knows about, because they post a lot, have a lot to say or arrange lots of meets I'm becomming more and more aware of the massive contribution given by who seldom post, have no idea what a muppet is and mostly stay in the background. It's my experience that these 'semi lurkers' often add the only answer to an obscure thread. They may not have added 100000000 posts but to the guy they just helped, their single post was the godsend that saved him 100's of quid.

So joint captains would be, all of us

[/quote]

Superb!
If any post were to sum up this BBS - this is it.
Old 09 September 2001, 11:03 AM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

I thought Glen Ross was the Daddy
Old 09 September 2001, 11:07 AM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Wink

All of the southern meet mob, and SDB

There you go,
Oh, and Craig and some of the nothern monkeys

Old 09 September 2001, 04:28 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Andy W,

Who won the UK's Strongest Man final? Saw the first with Glen and the second. Missed the rest though.

P.
Old 09 September 2001, 05:19 PM
Al Cook
Scooby Regular

Smile

Rsquire.
Even though I have been registered a few years, I have just come back from my first meet (Wartford area). And I am starting to get to know the faces.

Neil's answer summed it all up well. Without really wanting to, he named Simon De Banke as the person who got all this together. I do not know Simon, but I now know that he is one of the people that deserve some public thanks.

I have (as I'm sure we all have) been helped many times by unkown persons, and they are all certainly worthy of a mention and thanking.

Having looked at other BB's for other marques, this one shines in it's authority and style. It is friendly, intelligent, witty and very very useful. A credit to all its users.

But surely, we need to recognise the efforts of the few that make the whole BB and all its spin offs works so well!!
Old 09 September 2001, 05:37 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Al,

Neil summed it up pretty succintly ( ) by saying it's a joined captain thing... yes, SDB plays an important role, but so did Phil (previous owner) etc etc... even FHI did by inventing a rather fun car.

Scoobynet thrives because the owners/moderators as well as the members are predominantly true car enthousiasts.

Oh, and in my opinion, creating the Muppet forum was a touch of genious, both for those that spend their days in there as for those who hate muppetism ...

And at the risk of sounding pretty corny or desparate : the fact that quite a few members are female makes this a more balanced place IMHO.

Theo
Old 09 September 2001, 05:49 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Sith:
<B>
Andy W,

Who won the UK's Strongest Man final?

P.[/quote]

It was Glen Again!!!!

Andy
Old 10 September 2001, 03:03 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Smile

Cheers dude. Doesn't supprise me. About the only person I've seen do all 5 Atlas stones. Apart from Magnas van magnass magnass van somebody or other.

P.
Old 10 September 2001, 08:12 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

Fellow Paddy you see

Andy