Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TRAX 2001 - One Thread's Easier to Read!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2001, 02:55 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi peeps.
There seems to be at least five or six various threads about TRAX so I thought I'd start a new one where all TRAX related stuff can be discussed.
Off you go then.

Stef.
Old 03 September 2001, 03:01 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Can somebody lock the other threads then?
Old 03 September 2001, 03:03 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Talking

Stef

mate

There's too many trax threads cluttering up the place so i'll start another one

Better off moving them all to the trackday forum?

I did'nt go. But congrats on all the hard work you undoubtedly put in.

[This message has been edited by Neil Smalley (edited 03 September 2001).]
Old 03 September 2001, 03:09 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Good idea Stef.

My 2p worth,
Was not there, but have read more than enough. Seems someone was miffed they could not get on track cos they were not SIDC members, well, fair enough, but Stef did post on his threads that there were SIDC only sessions and ONLY sidc members, with the correct pass for the section and the name on his list would get in, no exceptions.

Seems some errors by a few people caused sessions to be cut short, think that a newbie was a little over enthusiastic and found that out first hand, and luckily only his car and pride were hurt (as far as I'm aware).

Personally speaking, Seems Stef and the rest of the SIDC team did a great job, as usual, which is to be expected, but to be honest, I'd rather go on a pukka SIDC only trackday for my first trackday and then trax as a third or fourth one, having got to grips with the whole trackday ethos. Then again I'd be spoiled as the SIDC only events seem much better than trax, but can't really comment as I've not been to trax.

umm, not sure what i'm saying here really? (suprise, suprise )

keep up the good work SIDC.
Old 03 September 2001, 03:17 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Smile

Reposted as i take ages to type

I had a good time even if I had to leave early!
This was my second time at Trax, my feeling was that it wasn't as busy as last year, and was even more 'maxxed' than last time. As mentioned previously, I think a combination of predicted rain and the unpredicted footy result kept numbers down.

One point. the SIDC arena was a fantastic location, Subaru certainly had a 'presence' at Trax, hats off to Stef and all involved for securing that area.

Cheers to Mark and the lads at TN for the usual excellent service provided, top stuff!

I feel for the track newbies that were in the session that was cut short, that happened to me last year, can't quite recall the person who stopped last years SIDC session early.... anyway I was in the 11.00 SIDC session this year which personally for me started badly, yet finished better than expected!! There I was, sitting in the pit lane with all the other scoobs patiently waiting for the signal to go, when I flipped my helmet visor up (as you do ). To my horror of of the locating pins pops off and nestles under the passenger seat (of course i didn't see it land at the time) so I'm left with my visor hanging off one side of my helmet and all the other Scoobs driving off (and around me) . About a minute later I eventually find the pin, fix the lid and to my delight find that theres time to come out and join the back of the warm-up snake. So I'm dead last...brilliant!! I decided to keep my distance to about 200 yards or so and in the end had 15 mins of traffic free track time! thats the way to do it

Nice to meet up with the usual suspects @Cheam, Moe who was as enthusiastic as ever... and the people at NAM - NF going in tomorrow!

Finally big thanks to Andy Tang whose tartmobile became the most expensive wardrobe I've ever used, that guy will always offer to help - top man oh and I got to the wedding on time - not mine but my attendance ensured I've still got a love life....

Final thing, on track i caught 1 person towards the end, on the main straight he indicated right, pulled over to the right, and SLOWED down to let me pass. Track etiquette of the highest order. Thankyou

Justin

Old 03 September 2001, 03:31 PM
Lushman
Scooby Regular

I joined SIDC on Friday and went to Trax.

I had a great time and even my Missus enjoyed it.

Thanks to Moe, Andy Tang, Stef, Greg and Loads of others I met there but can't remember their names.

Cheers

David

Old 03 September 2001, 04:33 PM
Lushman
Scooby Regular

Wink

I joined SIDC on Friday and Went to Trax.

I had a great time and even my missus enjoyed it.

I didn't get the chance to go on the track but maybe next time.

Thanks Stef, Moe, Andy Tang, Greg and everyone else I met and forget their names.

Cheers

David
Old 03 September 2001, 05:41 PM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

Cool

I didn't actually get to see any of the show - was on the "stand" all day and couldn't get away.

So I wasn't being rude or anything
Old 03 September 2001, 06:17 PM
DARREN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Stef,i was timed at 1 minute 36 seconds around the 2.2 mile circuit
Is this normal,quick or slow for a novice.
Once i managed to miss the P1 doughnutting on the grid at 110 mph i was out in front and no one go close to me

Darren
Silver STi
Old 03 September 2001, 07:07 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Wink

Darren
Old 03 September 2001, 07:17 PM
DominicA
Scooby Regular

Smile

just a quickie to say thanks to Stef and hi to everyone else
Old 03 September 2001, 07:20 PM
StanS
Scooby Regular

Smile

Another big thanks to Stef and anyone else who put together such a great day out. Also the Tyres Northampton guys who also worked so hard, so long.
Only down side was no second run - but a small inconvenience compared to the unlucky person who's day (and car) were ruined. Hope they both make a speedy recovery.
Cheers Stef !
Stan
Old 03 September 2001, 07:34 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
I was booked for Trax, had paid for Trax, but after reading all the regs (esp no passengers) decided to watch the Grand Prix instead. It sounds like there were more incidents at Trax

But a word of encouragement to anyone who didn't enjoy Trax or is reading these treads and thinking track days are not for me, DON'T BE PUT OFF!

Book yourself an SIDC track day. They are very well run, as safe as can be and very good value. Oh, and they're also absolutely top fun. They're the reason you bought a Scooby. Enjoy

Richard.
Old 03 September 2001, 08:28 PM
neil@wrx
Scooby Regular

Cool

TRAX a great day thanks STEF you must have
put a lot of work in

If you wont to play on the track do a SIDC
track day I got lodes of help and there are track instructors you learn a lot

Neil

ps did the p1 spin on the straight at
9:00 as well ? SIDC 20 QUID A YEAR THAT'S ONLY 0.0547945 A DAY CHEAP AS YOU LIKE SO PAY AND PLAY DON'T SLAG THE CLUB!!!!

[This message has been edited by neil@wrx (edited 03 September 2001).]
Old 03 September 2001, 08:31 PM
Andrew Dixon
Scooby Regular

Smile

Just a quick post to say how much I enjoyed Trax yesterday. Was fantastic to see so many Imprezas in one place, and even better to see them being used on the track.

Problem is that it made me misty-eyed for the days when I owned my own Impreza Turbo. Six months in a VW Vento TD is no substitute. Then again, it's nice being able to afford luxuries like food and clothes once again ... ho hum.

One day, one day ....

Andrew.
Old 03 September 2001, 10:45 PM
TonyNesta
Scooby Regular

Talking

Andrew, not seen you in ages. Can't believe I missed you, I was there all day!

Seeya soon mate,

Tony
Old 04 September 2001, 12:14 AM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Thank you's first
Big thanx to Stef, especially for fast ride ticket for my 9 yr old daughter. Thanx also to Rob Mac, who happened to be the instructor to take my daughter out. She loved every second of it, big thank-yous to you both.
Also thanx to Andy and Caroline for 'baby-sitting' Emily while I was on track. Andy, I'm a bit worried as now both mother and daughter think you're a nice bloke Cheers Mate.

Thanx to salsa-king for the centre pipe (its on already ) and hi to everyone else.

I think next time I'll give the track sessions a miss and enjoy the day. I missed my first due to the traffic getting to the circuit and the 2nd was over so quickly (even though it was a full 15mins) I've never felt comfortable at Silverstone but there again, they have only be short, infrequent sessions, no chance to adjust tyre pressures and suspension settings and go out again.

Still good fun though. Book me in for next year
Old 04 September 2001, 08:17 AM
Jake
Scooby Regular

Smile

Stef, thanks for organising a top day out and by the way whats the time???!!

Jake.
Old 04 September 2001, 02:22 PM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by CraigH:
<B>I didn't actually get to see any of the show - was on the "stand" all day and couldn't get away.

So I wasn't being rude or anything [/quote]

Yeah he was trying to flog me everything..the NF's not bad, I could remember spitting at those initials once upon a time...lol.

Moe
Old 04 September 2001, 04:37 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Thanks to Stef, Pete and anyone from SIDC who helped out! It was a top day out, even my girlfriend was getting into the sprint runs, and saying a bit too loudly <B>"Your car is faster than that!!"</B> I got a couple of funny looks! Although she was comparing my car (301bhp) to a standard-ish UK car!

Early mornings not being good for me, I forgot my wallet and forgot to bring a boost gauge from Darren!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Jay m A:
<B>Finally big thanks to Andy Tang whose tartmobile became the most expensive wardrobe I've ever used, that guy will always offer to help - top man oh and I got to the wedding on time - not mine but my attendance ensured I've still got a love life....[/quote]

I'm glad my car was of some use!! You're welcome matey! Better a wardrobe, than David Lewis using it as a shed! Storing all his barbeque stuff and deck chairs in my car!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by DavidLewis:
<B>Also thanx to Andy and Caroline for 'baby-sitting' Emily while I was on track. Andy, I'm a bit worried as now both mother and daughter think you're a nice bloke Cheers Mate.[/quote]

So your wife and daughter like me, but you think I'm an ****???

No worries mate, your welcome! It was worth it to see you get lost on track!!!

Good to meet new people like Lushman (sorry about the track session), Plantie, Craig H, Dingy, and anyone I've forgotten!

As well as all the familar faces!!

Sorry to see the track incidents, but at least everyone walked away, and didn't wipe out another car!

Thanks again for a top day out! Roll on Trax 2002!!!

Andy

Old 04 September 2001, 05:05 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

Andy,

I like you too, I just dont want to show my feminine side

Old 04 September 2001, 11:52 PM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Dave,

made it round ok this time then????!!!!

Ian
Old 05 September 2001, 07:57 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Talking

It was the first Trax event that I've been too and I had a good time. Thanks to Stef / Pete etc for organising the SIDC element. I wasn't on track (probably a good thing), but we did have a good time watching the 0-60s (some of the Nova's struggling to break 10 secs raised a laugh or two from people sitting around us).

The strong 'max' element is all part of an event like this - not my thing really, but you can't fault the time and effort put into some of the cars on display and some of the paint finishes were amazing (although the guy spotted cleaning his car wearing a pair of latex gloves, was probably taking things a bit far )

The only real downer was the big P1 crash - trust the guy was OK. If ever there was an advert for having track day insurance...

I have got some pictures, so I'll post those up in the next couple of days.

Cheers
Chris
Old 05 September 2001, 08:52 AM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

I had an excellent day, thank you everyone.
It was the first SIDC meet I have attended and I met loads of new friendly people! Andy T, Dave, Stef, Graham, Ronnie, Louisa etc... (can't remember everyone's name - soz)

I though everything was well organised and the trax sessions were great!

Stef, love the SIDC shirts!

Andy T / Dave - Thanks for the lid! It fitted perfect!

Glad to hear Mr P1 is ok and was insured.

Look forward to seeing you all again!

SOON!
Old 05 September 2001, 09:44 AM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Location: The dark side of the Sun and owner of 2 fairy tokens
It was my first Trax event as well, and also the first time on a SIDC meeting. Had a great time, but would have preferred to get a bit more track time (guess which session I was in ). Even so, think I've been bitten by the track bug. Big thanks to all who made me feel welcome esp. Salsa-King and TedEd. I'll definitely be attending some of the local meets from now on.
Old 05 September 2001, 10:07 AM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by ian_sadler:
<B>Dave,

made it round ok this time then????!!!!

Ian[/quote]

, didn't have any Jonah's in the car with me.

Old 05 September 2001, 12:38 PM
Andrew Dixon
Scooby Regular

Hey Tony.

Funnily enough I kept my eyes peeled for your car on Sunday ... didn't spot it though .. and no, it wasn't 'cos I'd forgotten what an Impreza looked like!

Hopefully I'll try and get along to a meet sometime soon so we can catch up ...

Andrew.
Old 05 September 2001, 02:04 PM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Smile

But David,

I went out with loads of people at Bedford BUT only had to change my pants once

Nuff said

Still it was a great ride

Ian
Old 05 September 2001, 02:07 PM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Having re-read the above reply I would just like to add that I was talking about going round a racing track not sex before any of you sick, sick people out there get the wrong idea.

Thanks you.

Ian