Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Wagon questions

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2000, 12:11 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, I'm *seriously* considering getting a Wagon and it's highly likey to be a WRX, though maybe not. Anyway, I have some questions that I'd like to ask:

1: Would it be best to test drive a WRX wagon or a UK Wagon? or is there no comparison

2: Does a WRX need to be run on SUL? will the odd tank of PUL kill it (this is in case I get a bit heavy with the foot and the petrol station don't have SUL). Or could I just run it on PUL all the time and live with decreased performance.

3: Insurance, who's the best to do a WRX with? I'm with admiral at the mo, and given the recent thread I think I should change.

4: What type of Thatcham type 1 alarm is best?

5: What's the deal with KMH/MPH conversions? this in theory should have been done due to SVA? does the speedo show MPH numbers?

6: How long should the turbo last, if the car's done 40000 miles then should I get the turbo replace?

7: Which is/are the best Import agents/companies to use?

8: What should I do about my existing car? will importers take trade-in's part exchange (doubt it!), what about unpaid finace on car?

9: What I am realistically going to get for £10000? I'm visioning a 94 WRX Wagon with aprox 40-50,000 miles. Would this be accurate? or am I in dreamland?

I'll probably add more questions later

Thanks for and help, and I'm sorry I'm such a pain in the bum!

[This message has been edited by Markus (edited 14-02-2000).]