Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How will a Scoob perform against a

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2002, 07:39 AM
stevied1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche 944.Had a little run in with one this morning. Long straight road, no other traffic pulls out to overtake this Porsche passes sefely,then he dicides to attatch himself to my bumper.

My scoob is almost standard enginewise apart from scorpion zorst, so I drops a cog and boots it, seemed to pull away a little but I think this was me having the head start. Then he is on my bumper again, but the chase that ensued supprised me.

I dont know wether he was just toying with me, but he made no attempt to overtake me. We were approaching a junction so both slowed down, I was turning right him left, pulled up along side he looked at me smiled and waved, so I gestured back (with a wave)and we went our seperate ways. My question is, what are the differences in performance at the top end? Not being a Scoob owner for that long Iwould like to know what they are capable of. Any info please.
Old 11 October 2002, 08:20 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Talking

There are a few different 944s about but.....
if it was a non turbo 944, you should have the edge (the 4 cylinder 3 litre is pretty good though), a turbo one will beat a UK impreza and I believe not a million miles away from an Sti.

Old 11 October 2002, 08:34 AM
R.B.5
Scooby Regular

Does it really matter? Just enjoy whatever car you drive! Dont take this as being nasty but there are far too many posts on here about "scoobies VS other Marques", if you bought a scooby good on you but all these posts with "Scoobs V ...." do more damage than good, they start big arguments between people sometimes, just look at what happend recently over on the MLR forum.

I dont really care what my car can beat or loose against, i'm just happy that i have a scooby and can enjoy every minute when driving it!

In no way was this meant to be-little you or make you angry i am just stating that there isn't much point! Hope you can understand that!

Gavin
Old 11 October 2002, 08:40 AM
bros2
Scooby Regular

I'm going to use my Murray quote here. "Catching is one thing, passing quite another"

Even if the 944 was faster (and I'm not sure than anything short of a 944 Turbo 250 would be), you'd need a lot of space to get past, as I'm assuming you were travelling at something other than a low speed.

I'd imagine the guy thought "I'm having some fun here, but there's no point going bananas trying to re-overtake" and so let you lead him down the road.

bros

Old 11 October 2002, 09:42 AM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

Bros,

Couldn't agree more. Had a similar experience in my 200sx with a porsche boxster. Neither of us were bothered about overtaking or who was in front ... we were both just enjoying a 'spirited' drive on our test track. Matched each others speed for 15 miles or so then parted ways with a wave. Definitely one of the most enjoyable drives i've had.