Sponsored by:

Scooby or Integra ?

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2002, 10:29 PM
wrxboy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

i need some opinions on weather i should buy a my99 scoob or a 99T reg integra ???

here are my questions :

as the integra is fwd, will it make it a lot more harder to drive generally. As in will it require a more experienced driver as i am NOT a very experienced driver and have not be driving for a very long time. I'v heard that a 4wd scooby turbo will be much easier for me as a novice as its 4wd, hence more controlable/recoverable when going at speed! is this true?

Which out of these two cars will be better for a novice driver like myslef who hasn't had much experience in either fwd or 4wd, only some experience in rwd.

Will an integra be difficlut to control on the limit? is it not very good in the wet ?

Overall what would u recomend, given my situation ?

cheers for any help

[Edited by wrxboy - 10/10/2002 10:30:45 PM]
Old 10 October 2002, 11:09 PM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

wrxboy,

I've driven both and IMHO handle as well as each other (despite the obvious difference, FWD vs AWD). Both are very grippy, even in the wet. In the scoobs favour, id say it was an easier car to drive for someone with less experience.

If you're going to lose it in either of these cars it'll more than likely be at high speed and you will probably crash. If you're concerned about your own abilities and don't trust yourself to drive responsibly then id suggest going for something like the scoob sport or a vtec civic first.

However. If you are sensible/responsible enough then either car would be fine (personal preference being the scoob obviously). Just don't be tempted to drive outwith your own limits and give yourself time to gain more experience. Bear in mind that the limits on these cars are way beyond the limits of most folks driving abilities. If you crash a scoob or an integra it's almost definitely going to be driver error rather than the cars fault.

Just my opinion.

Marty.

Old 10 October 2002, 11:11 PM
ShAnNo_RB5
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Never mind the Honda sonny,

Get a Scoobie and turn up to work everyday with a hard-on and a smile that even the wrinklie bun lady couldn't supress until lunch-time!...

Keep it moist,

Shanno
Old 10 October 2002, 11:14 PM
Mantamac
Scooby Regular

Owned an Integra for two year's and have just sold it. Loved it to bit's and I really miss it.
The Integra will flatter a good driver and make an average driver look/feel clumsy (IMHO). They suffer from torque steer just as any powerfull front wheel drive car does but you do become used to it and only notice it when you haven't driven the car hard for a while. The VTEC sensation can become addictive and because the car like's to be driven hard you find you drive on the wrong side of the law all to easy. That said the ITR will pull fom 30 mph in top without complaint. I can't comment on the scoob as I haven't driven one but I will tell you I'm in the process of buying an STI 7 so draw your own conclusion's!!!
The best bet is take extended test drive's in both and see for yourself.
One other thing ,it's been mentioned that the ITR is more expensive to insure than the Scoob!

Whatever you get I hope you enjoy it.

Mac.
Old 10 October 2002, 11:17 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Smile

They are really different beasts to drive, VTEC involves redlining and thrashing to get the power from them, the scoob is much lower down.

I never redline mine first after 1st gear, change up is normally around 5000 rpm...

MB
Old 10 October 2002, 11:22 PM
Steve Purbs
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Shanno,

Been tearin` up park way recently mate??

Steve
Old 10 October 2002, 11:26 PM
wrxboy
Scooby Newbie

Yeh i'v noticed that insurance is a bit steeper on integra's, its roughly £1600 for a scoob and about £2200 for an integra, although i'm willing to pay that much i dont know weather its worth the extra amount, as most of you say that integr's are really only most effective whilst being used by a pro, is that right?

I am confident in my driving, and i generally drive very carefull and not explore the limits of any car before i take it to a track.

so with insurance costs in mind, is the extra money worth it, i'm asuming that other running costs will be a little bit less than the scoob?

So am i right in assuming that a scoob is far more drivable/enjoyable for the less experienced driver? and there would be little point in buying the integra as it would need a fairly more experienced driver than myself to benefit from its qualities ?
Old 10 October 2002, 11:31 PM
ShAnNo_RB5
Scooby Regular

Cool

Every morning on the way to work Steve - can't stand that bloody Robin Hood roundabout!!!

You weren't parked up with the rest of da hood down there the other Fri/Sat night were ya in a Bad Mother DBM???
Old 10 October 2002, 11:36 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Smile

WRX,

The scoob is easy to drive, point and click, however I wouldn't underestimate the skill needed to drive an integra, probably more fun playing with the back end

Both could probably get you in serious trouble, the scoob instills you with too much confidence sometimes, and when it lets go, it lets go big time. Cant comment on the type R but its no doubt quick with more control needed.

MB
Old 10 October 2002, 11:56 PM
Steve Purbs
Scooby Newbie

Smile

I know, stuck on the R.H every kin day!! Wasn`t there fri, Only gotta sh1t3 co car at the mo...gettin a P1 shortly tho, seen any nice scoobs roung newbs lately??

Steve
Old 11 October 2002, 12:20 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Wink

I am confident in my driving, and i generally drive very carefull and not explore the limits of any car before i take it to a track.
I was 99% sure I knew who you were till I read this line I may still be right though
Old 11 October 2002, 09:27 AM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Insurnace wise it may be cheaper to insure than a UK turbo, but I doubt its less than an import. My import is group 20+ special grouping and a premium to match .
Old 11 October 2002, 09:37 AM
RB5320
Scooby Regular

please dont take offence at this, but if you are concerned about which car is easier to drive on the limit and more recoverable for a novice driver then in answer to your original question - "i need some opinions on weather i should buy a my99 scoob or a 99T reg integra", no you shouldnt.

As I said, I dont mean to cause offence, but both cars can be a handful for an experienced driver. The speeds achievable are extremely high and a mistake could easily lead to a fatal accident.

Steve
Old 11 October 2002, 09:43 AM
Flat 4x4
Scooby Regular

AND !

More than one person has fitted a Jackson Racing Supercharger to the Integra Type R - giving it loads of torque to go with (more) top end Vtec Power.
Old 11 October 2002, 09:50 AM
323roy
Scooby Regular

hi flat 4*4
noticed you live in Palookaville !~ nice 1
that where you end up if you watch to many raging vids !
respect
Old 11 October 2002, 09:56 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Can only speak from experience of the Scoob, but if you're worried about having an "off", don't be, PROVIDING you realise that the car has limits. They do make you feel invulnerable

Golden rule #1: if you lift off aggressively mid-corner, the back end will come out quite quickly. Experiment with this to be sure you can predict it will happen, and use it if you want, but remember that you can't just turn it off when you don't want it

I wouldn't class myself as technically a great driver, but I've got to a level where I'm competent and understand the car. The thing I do like is that there's quite a bit of information there about what the car's doing, certainly compared to my previous cars. Once you learn what the car's telling you, it's magic

Don't be put off, either one's a good car, but for the sheer practicality of 4 doors, big boot and turbo-charged nuttiness, it'd be the scoob for me every day

Nick.
Old 11 October 2002, 10:02 AM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh no! Not this thread AGAIN.

Sorry, this one really been done to death. Ive owned both cars, you can email me with any questions if you like as profile email.

Though use the search facility - Im almost certain youll have most of your questions answered on an earlier thread.

PS if its a red 99T with numbers 937 - dont touch it(cos I totalled it)

andy