ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

headcases on the track at s'stone.

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2001, 08:05 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I didnt enjoy my two times on the track at Trax. Simply because it was dangerous. I was being overtaken, undertaken and there were far too many people on the circuit at one time. If anyone knows who that ***** in the Pink Golf with the 17's and blue rear lights is, give him a crack in the mouth from me. That tw@t nearly hit my beloved Cossie. tosser.
I am sticking to low attendence days at Combe from now on. I liked it better there. No aggro.
astraboy.
Old 02 September 2001, 08:09 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

I read in a previous thread that you were supposed to drive round the track like a granny? Hence I did not bother. Actually I am glad I did not. But took the MR2 out in the wet when I got back and got in all sorts of trouble, but got it home safetly in the end.
Old 02 September 2001, 08:36 PM
M_D_B
Scooby Regular

Astraboy,
don't take it personally, I think he almost hit everybody.
Martin.
Old 02 September 2001, 08:48 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Arrow

he was very QUICK!! wot was it????

not as smooth and as good as the drivers in the White Evo4 and Silver Evo5/or was it a 6, thay were in the same session! and were very good to watch, did see the Evo4 under take on the 1st bend later in the afternoon,he did it cus everyone else had gone wide though! lol, carnt fault him! well i can but......... lol

Phil
Old 02 September 2001, 09:20 PM
grahamstocker
Scooby Regular

Question

Astraboy what happened to u this morning at the Runner?
Old 02 September 2001, 09:26 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

What you mean mate?
do you mean the smoke?
astraboy.
Old 02 September 2001, 09:27 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

I seem to remember reading about a twin engined golf VR6. I think it was pink, could've been that one. It costs about 25K to modify as I recall.

Glad I did'nt go. Seemed like a max muppet fest I wonder how many max muppets will claim to have 'scalped' a scooby/cossie/evo when in fact the said scooby/cossie/evo drivers were trying not to kill people

Sigh . Makes me appreciate the work Stef etc does on the official SIDC days even more
Old 02 September 2001, 09:58 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

i really enjoyed trax, never been before. particularly the white cossie who floored it out of the chicane in front of the stand where the cars come back in. full marks for showmanship
also the skyline, major sideways at every opportunity...mega
that feckin golf was LOUD and going for it!the guy with the blue sti, who also put on a great show , thanks mate, dont know yer name, but that was thorough enjoyment
Old 02 September 2001, 10:18 PM
grahamstocker
Scooby Regular

Question

Astraboy (Do you mean the smoke?) Was my car smoking then and i couldnt see you i thought u were joining us?
Old 02 September 2001, 10:22 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
SpudGun
you were there???? why did you not come over to me & say hi?!!!! you can't miss my car with SALSA-KING on the side lol! not happy with you now!

Phil
Old 03 September 2001, 08:12 AM
Lee
Scooby Regular

Yet again more proof that the SIDC is 100% correct in allowing only equal ability Impreza's on the track.
Old 03 September 2001, 08:21 AM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

salsa king
sorry i missed you. i went to the sidc area( although i couldnt see a sidc stand) and there werent that many scoobys there by the time i got there.
so i made my way to the stand and lo and behold, there they were going round. i stayed in the stand to watch the sessions, after which i went back to the sidc area, but everyone had gone
walked past the blue sti with sti mudflaps, but didnt know what to say so just smiled and went home.
mind you, that purple scooby looked fab!
something tells me i may be buying a second car next year
Old 03 September 2001, 08:27 AM
Nick V
Scooby Newbie

Astraboy, saw you out there and totally agree with you, looked really badly organised and glad I decided not to book a track place.

My mate was out in his RS2000 in the Classic Ford session, and that was filled up with those Fiat 'tuna' cans and who kept bunching everyone up. Waste of time

Don't know what caused it, but big shame about the P1 that rolled, hope the driver was o.k.

Overall great day though, apart from the fact that I I never realsied how many Saxos are around

Cheers, Nick
Old 03 September 2001, 09:19 AM
Lushman
Scooby Regular

Wink

Astraboy,
First of all Nice car. .

I saw that pink golf and thought he was going to lose it. When I walked back through the main I saw that car and the guy in it looked like he was about 50!!! (should he have taken the bus round?).

I thought there may have been a few incidents when I saw the groups go out.
As the second group left and came onto the pit straight, the pace car from the from previous group came into the pits followed by the first group. Would it have been better to get the second group out a bit earlier?

I had a great time, even though I didn't get to drive my car on the track.

Old 03 September 2001, 10:02 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Question

Lushman, Cheers mate. The 5 hours I spent cleaning it werent wasted then.
Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed the day, its just that the track time could have been better organised. the puma that was showing the lines was no better. first lap he took it easy. Then he took off like a whippet with a bum full of dynamite and then came in...
Mind you I did enjoy the 0-60. One run only and I got 5.7 seconds. And I missed third
astraboy.
Old 03 September 2001, 10:36 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Talking

Astraboy it was nice to meet you at last I'm glad to see that you're more of a muppet in 'real life' than you are on here

We saw that **** in the pink golf go out in the early sessions and he was driving like a **** then too An accident waiting to happen

I've been to quite a few track days now and the SIDC ones seem to be far safer and far better organised than the Silverstone ones but that's just my humble opinion

On the good side tho' thanks to all the owners of some of the er 'more unusual' looking versions of some everyday cars.....you provided us with an endless source of amusement and some great photo opportunities

Sal