Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello there...

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2002, 12:59 PM
peelo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there folks. Want to get shot of my current ride and get an Impreza and thought this would be a good place to start.

Funds are tight, really only can spend what I get for my current car which wil be between 7 and 8K I know that limits me. What are the cars I've seen for sale going to be like at this kind of price?

Is it true the WRX doesn't handle as well as the standard 2.00litre turbo?

I will read around, but what kind of insurance costs do people pay. I'm 35, full bonus, good post code, planing to get a standard 2.00 litre turbo.

Thanx in advance to anyone who has time to reply
Old 07 October 2002, 01:16 PM
Impret-Sir
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi and welcome to the fold, for 8 grand you should be able to find a lovely turbo no problem, maybe a MY96 or 97. If its got a FSH then dont worry to much about the millage, as long as its not crazy miles for its age. As far as I know the WRX handles the same as a UK car, maybe even a little better.Also they are more powerful and therefore a bit quicker. I have a "standard"turbo, MY00, in fact a car from Holand. These are easy enough to find, and they are the same spec as the UK cars, but usually a little cheaper. As to insurance, I am a similar risk to you, and I pay around £500 a year with Norwich Union. As a new customer you may need to have a tracker fitted to the car, the guy who bought my 97tubo in June did, before anyone would insure him, but he was only 22 so maybe that makes a difference. You will certainly need a cat 1 alarm. I would view any modded cars, as most are, with some suspicion too. Many are done very professionally, (like the ones you will see in here) but you will also see some rather less impressive works of art as you look at a few!
Good luck, and come here often, its a mine of useful infomation!
Old 07 October 2002, 01:17 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Your first port of call should be the Subaru Impreza Driver's Club FAQ (frequently asked questions). Click here to read it :

http://www.sidc.co.uk/faq.htm

Old 07 October 2002, 06:53 PM
peelo
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys. And yeah I was going to avoid a moded one, since I want to start from scratch and have a very honest and reliable company in mind to mod it as time, inclination and money allows.
Old 07 October 2002, 07:02 PM
Active
Scooby Regular

Cool

Welcome.....and very wise Pelo
Bob