Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust(ive) info please

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2002, 10:37 AM
DaveR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right, here's one for you knowledge-busters.
I've met a few modded scoob owners, the general concensus seems to be that PPP is over-priced for what you get - you just seem to be paying for the privilege of keeping the warranty untarnished.

Well, my MY02 WRX is a Belgian import, so the 3yr Euro warranty on it is probably worth squat anyway! So, thinking about new exhaust system.

Can anyone tell me the main differences and benefits of the following items (excuse me if I give two names for the same thing)..... : --> or you could point me to a thread if this has been done before:

1.) Backbox
2.) Downpipe
3.) Centre Section
4.) Mid? Section
5.) Rear Silencer
6.) Induction kit

also, do all these mods imply a 'de-cat', does it matter in which order you do them, and do they necessarily kill the chances of a non-exhaust-related warranty claim if necessary?

Come on you experts - I'll bet there are plenty of chompies on here like me who have been too embarrassed to ask!

thanks
DaveR

Old 07 October 2002, 11:03 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Dave you would have to remove all 3 cats for it to be a complete decat as the last one is on the up pipe.
Speak to Pete Croney at scoobysport as his car is fully decatted and he has also sorted the CEL problem out
Induction wise though, id leave it standard, the MAF sensors are very sensitive to the goo that even the dry filters give off

Tony