Sponsored by:

PPP on MY00

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2001, 07:28 PM
monkfish
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

My dealer (Cheam Motors) has just quoted me £2200 inclusive of VAT and delivery/collection to Prodrive - apparently the MY00's have to be "done" there, rather than trust the dealer. I thought £1600 was nearer the mark? The poor dealer has to have his cut even if he doesn't do anything - seems fair, NOT! Has anyone had a better deal?
Old 29 August 2001, 07:43 PM
WillieF
Scooby Regular

Erm yes I have had a better deal. We here in Scotland are lucky as we have an 'approved' dealer who can fit them without having to go to Prodrive.

With the deal that I got you could pay for the petrol and weekend away in Scotland and have a lot of change out of £2200
Old 29 August 2001, 08:27 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Sounds a lot to me, My dealer(Quenby in herts) quoted 1850 quid inc VAT and a trip to prodrive. Shop around and get a better quote that 2200 quid . RRP is 1950 inc VAT. Failing that drive the car to prodrive, take the bus into Banbury, loaf around there for a few hours and come back
Old 29 August 2001, 08:50 PM
dowser
Scooby Senior

Get a 6 month contract in Switzerland and order it from there - no VAT and dealer price direct from Prodrive

Richard
Old 29 August 2001, 10:02 PM
monkfish
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Neil Smalley

Cheers, your dealer is obviously a better bet. I was told that Prodrive couldn't deal direct, is this true? By the way, did you get yours done - and if so, any good?
Old 29 August 2001, 10:44 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Talking

Re: Dealer, yes it was a good deal at the time. I think they knocked a little cash off because I gave the guy who ran it up to prodrive permission to do a little xmas shopping as well. Mind you the PPP deal was nothing compared the deal I got for AP 6 pot brakes, but that's another story

Some people have gone direct to prodrive, but can't remember how it was arranged. I think you call your dealer and tell them you're going to drop the car off, so please subtract the delivery fee.

The RRP was 1950 quid Inc VAT. I think it's now down to 1600+VAT.

As I said, try other dealers and see what prices they can offer.

Yes I did get it done, last year on my MY00. Stunning difference. There's no comparison between a std MY00 and a PPP'd one. The PPP'd car is SOOO much more progressive, smoother and faster. The heaps of low down torque is right where you want it.

IMHO the PPP makes the MY00 impreza the car it should be when it leaves the factory. If you can get to a meet sometime(there's a surrey meet most months) then have a ride in a PPP'd car. It's the only way you'll be able to judge if it is worth the money. IMHO it IS.

[This message has been edited by Neil Smalley (edited 29 August 2001).]
Old 29 August 2001, 11:05 PM
monkfish
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the info - its very tempting to get it done, but more sensible to wait until I have driven a PPP'ed car. Seems as tho' a trip to Banbury might be worth it!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Neil Smalley:
<B>Re: Dealer, yes it was a good deal at the time. I think they knocked a little cash off because I gave the guy who ran it up to prodrive permission to do a little xmas shopping as well. Mind you the PPP deal was nothing compared the deal I got for AP 6 pot brakes, but that's another story

Some people have gone direct to prodrive, but can't remember how it was arranged. I think you call your dealer and tell them you're going to drop the car off, so please subtract the delivery fee.

The RRP was 1950 quid Inc VAT. I think it's now down to 1600+VAT.

As I said, try other dealers and see what prices they can offer.

Yes I did get it done, last year on my MY00. Stunning difference. There's no comparison between a std MY00 and a PPP'd one. The PPP'd car is SOOO much more progressive, smoother and faster. The heaps of low down torque is right where you want it.

IMHO the PPP makes the MY00 impreza the car it should be when it leaves the factory. If you can get to a meet sometime(there's a surrey meet most months) then have a ride in a PPP'd car. It's the only way you'll be able to judge if it is worth the money. IMHO it IS.

[This message has been edited by Neil Smalley (edited 29 August 2001).][/quote]

Trending Topics

Old 30 August 2001, 09:36 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Monkfish,
Its in Warwick now and not Banbury
Adams subaru did mine (paid by bankers draft) but seen it as low as 1700 quid inc vat (which mine was ) you have to shop around, 2200 is very expensive for a PPP
The difference though is all in the mid range, and trust me, its great

Tony
Old 30 August 2001, 09:54 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

Give Dangerous Dave Medcalf a call @ Lavender Hill on 020 8363 3456 - he is doing the PPP for something like £1600 (don't know if that's inc or not).

Matt