Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2002, 08:26 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

LoFi
It was signed off months ago.

Manufactured, and stocks at dealers then released to customers is another thing.

Jools
You can't design, test, accelerated age test, sign off, commission suppliers, manufacture and put the PPP into dealers in five minutes.

Prodrive have made NO official comment on the PPP - (if Mike Wood has made any comment it's only because people on here have been badgering him to death), nor have IM, it's only a few dealers that jumped the gun a few weeks ago.

Personally, I would prefer a product that is properly tested, manufactured properly and that will work and preserve my warranty for the next three years. A few weeks extra delay is a small price to pay for that, it's not as if the car is exactly slow without it

I for one WON'T be wingeing at IM, there aren't many manufacturers out there that will sell you an upgrade kit that comes with a full warranty

[Edited by Dave T-S - 10/4/2002 8:28:42 PM]
Old 04 October 2002, 04:51 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

What is going on with Subaru and the bloody orders for Sti 7 PPP

Just been told that I have to wait another 4 weeks for my PPP which I requested in Feb after collecting my Prodrive model from my local dealer on the 30th Jan. I now find out that a firm order was not placed until the beginning of June. (Sales staff must have though I was joking when I said I wanted one) hence the additional delay.

I work Overseas and don't get much time to enjoy the finer things in life. Have been in the UK for 5 days in the last 2 1/2 months. I will be home for 2 days next week and then home for the last two weeks in October, before being away again for all of November, so PPP in +/- 4 weeks is no damn good to me...So if anyone knows of a dealer with a PPP available, cancellation, etc, I will drive the length of the country next Wed, and have cash waiting!

Incidentally, this is my third Subaru, second brand new one, and I have just asked my dealer to give me a price for the car today, right now. Love the cars, but boy Subaru UK need to get their **** together....How the hell did they ever win the JD Power award only a few years ago.

To sum it up, Wife says why not just go and by an Evo and get away from the pain...

Jools
Old 04 October 2002, 05:04 PM
LoFi
Scooby Regular

um . . . I don't think the PPP for the Sti has been signed off yet as ready so I think you'll have to wait with everyone else. You simple can't buy something that hasn't reached the market place yet.

Piers LoFi
Old 04 October 2002, 05:21 PM
JGRIFF
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Jools, patience, patience. It will all be worth it in the end, speak to your dealer principal, and explain the reason for your anxiety. The reason for the delays, is component production, prodrive are waiting for sub-contractors to deliver, before they can deliver the full kit to I.M. and then distribution to the dealer network. I paid the full money months ago, and I'm just waiting (im)patiently like everybody else. I've driven the Evo 7 FQ300 - believe me the STI is the better car regardless of what the magazines say.
Old 04 October 2002, 05:24 PM
Rob D
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jools,

Just go tell IM to shove the PPP up there ar$e and come and join my club

Rob.
Old 04 October 2002, 05:25 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Exclamation

errrmmmmm, wasnt Ian at palmers having his fitted yesterday and taking it to croft tomorow for demo runs?

That's what he said on here on wednesday anyway, first PPP hit the dealers yesterday acording to the info posted on here.

Old 04 October 2002, 05:27 PM
WillieF
Scooby Regular

Talking

I am like you Jools... Just phoned my dealer he appreciates that I am getting a little fustrated etc etc but really can't help me. He is going to chase it up on Monday (again) he has been promised a delivery of two next week - one for demo and one for me HOWEVER I ain't holding my breath....

It appears to be a similar story with the spring kit.... I don't think I could handle a move to the dark side if nothing else the regular servicing stops are a bugger.
Old 04 October 2002, 05:29 PM
WillieF
Scooby Regular

Talking

Rob how is the new exhaust system!!
Old 04 October 2002, 05:35 PM
Rob D
Scooby Regular

Willie,

The kit is awesome
The car is a beast now.
Ask John he could give you a good opinion coming from a standard motor!
I will be putting up times between my car and a standard one this should hopefully give you a good idea of what the differences is.
Yet to run a DD log on the new install, but will do this weekend.

Cheers,

Rob.
Old 04 October 2002, 06:04 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

There are some wise words here, but Rob you made me laugh for the time today. And they say that I'm direct...Like your style lots my friend, will give you a bell soon. Spoke with IL and he can help me out at short notice.

Willie; like you, also waiting on springs and will not put the 18" alloys till I get them.

Jgriff; I hear you and have heard similar, but like John F,I understood people were having them fitted today!

Just had a **** drive back to the hotel in my Honda, vtec engined 'mother in laws' hire car and now I feel ready for a beer or three! Kind of hoped that the PPP would be fitted this time home, and before I head to the Motor Show.

Somebody better tell Subaru UK that were coming to visit, and they will remember the day we called to say hello...

Jools

PS; Any other Subaru and/or Sti 7 owners going to be at the show on Friday 25th Oct. We have a few Sti7 owners, an Sti5-R and a 22B owner heading down.
Old 04 October 2002, 06:47 PM
scoobycar60
Scooby Regular

I expect there will be quite a few of us STI 7 owners having a moan on the Subaru stand.
Cynical mode on I expect come hell or high water a few lucky ones (and I mean few!) will have their PPP fitted before the show so the Subaru marketing machine can maximise the promotion of the "New model" (or panic driven facelift) + PPP options. The comparisons with the Evo7 "300" are obvious,
It will also be interesting to see who has priority over the limited stock available, memories of the UK300 spring to mind.....never did get the PPP fitted to my MY01 WRX, the second owner eventually got it (ordered from new with the car)
We will see......
Old 04 October 2002, 07:42 PM
JGRIFF
Scooby Regular

Talking

Jools, speak to IL, the graphs on his website are from my car!!!
torque at 2000rpm - car transformed, you don't have to row it along on the gearbox anymore, just surf the torque.
Old 04 October 2002, 10:17 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

I will agree with Dave, and of course everyone else whos impatient including me The kits are arriving at your dealers there are some peeps who ordered PPP and not wanting it at this moment in time
Ring around Dealers maybe there is a spare one kicking around LOL I very much doubt

I was due to sell mine next week (many reasons including PPP) but having PPP fitted and a service instead ordered mine April.

If Subaru built up stocks of 500 to distribute to dealers to satisfiy demand then everyone saw cobwebs on the boxes because they waited for them all to be made that would be wrong IMHO A lose lose situation dammed if they do......etc

Tony
Old 04 October 2002, 10:25 PM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Jools try Listers I believe they have had one canclelation.
Old 04 October 2002, 10:30 PM
SteveB
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Intersting to see the EVO mag long termer STI has had the PPP kit fitted to it and has had the review in this months mag ????

Wonder why

Steve.
Old 04 October 2002, 10:33 PM
gregh
Scooby Regular

Nope the Evo mag long termer HAS NOT had the PPP fitted, they have simply had access to the demo/test car that has PPP.

check the number plates of their long termer and the one they tested.

greg
Old 04 October 2002, 10:42 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Sammy,
I think your right but I don't think it will be put on the bargin shelf just yet LOL do you reckon I can get 5% SIDC discount

have you got yours on yet?

Tony
Old 05 October 2002, 12:38 AM
ScottishMenace
Scooby Regular

Rob D

Is this the new Litchfield De Cat system you are on about that is transferring your car?
I am going to do something soon when I come back my hols in a couple of weeks. Must try to catch up with you and see what difference it makes. Maybe Knockhill.

Jools I can feel a "stuff the warranty" coming soon. I did on some mods and don't regret it.

Dave Allan
Old 05 October 2002, 12:40 AM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Tony thursday can't wait did you hear about the redundencies at listers?
Old 05 October 2002, 01:26 AM
Numptie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Déjà vu ? certainly seems familiar !

Yup - it's all a load of old bollocks !

Jools - I don't think the fault rests with T&C. I reckon we've all, ultimately, been dicked about by SUK and Prodrive. (I hear what you're saying about when the order was placed etc).

To catch a hold of Jools' coat-tails ...

I'll take a PPP pack anywhere in the country as well ... ... but I'll pay more than the £2k (or whatever) - cash burning hole ...
Old 05 October 2002, 01:29 AM
Numptie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Corner !

... but I'll pay more than the £2k (or whatever) - cash burning hole ...
Mobile number 07768 718216
Old 05 October 2002, 06:31 AM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Numptie - I may be able to help
Old 05 October 2002, 07:24 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

SteveB
It was Subaru UK's car that was used for the figures in EVO, not EVO's car.

Old 05 October 2002, 08:51 AM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Wink

Numptie; you need to come and play with the Westfield...and let me go and get the PPP!!!!

Sammy; Will be on the phone as soon as the UK wakes up.

Dave;
I share your enthusiasm for the cars, but not your defence of IM. I know you don't work for IM or Prodrive, but it's not just "a few more weeks" that I am not happy with; it's the whole bloody issue of having to wait so long in the first place. I mean to say why didn't the car come as a 300 BHP model right out the box. This is not Japan we live in?

My perception is this; the people in the SIDC and on this Scoobynet board are hardly insignificant to IM sales. (Or maybe they are, having just seen the well-written article in the SIDC magazine by Pete C) Look at all the Sti 7 owners on here alone that are not happy with the wait, and gone else where for mods, etc. IM are loosing customer satisfaction and more importantly money, while they continue to display their incompetence on a daily basis. I don't blame my local dealer, I blame IM and Subaru as a company for this carry on. If you go looking for the real root cause of any issue, and look hard enough, you will find Senior Management is where the problem is every time, not the poor bloody dealers or even Prodrive.

Maybe my impatience is exasperated by the fact I work in a dynamic industry, where things get turned around quickly and every hour of every day is important to maintain customer satisfaction and to stay ahead of the game. IM have been very reactive to the PPP situation all along. This is not the first PPP they have had designed and developed by Prodrive, and lets not over complicate too much what PPP actually is. OK is needs designing and testing, and I don't expect this to be achieved in 5 minutes, but to take nearly a year is a complete nonsense.

As mentioned earlier, I picked up my car on the 30th Jan 02. It was dispatched at the back end of last year, 2001. So how long before my car was dispatched was the Sti engine/gearbox actually designed and signed off on. A proactive company, who wanted to stay ahead of the game, would have dropped a couple of Sti en-gines into a 01 WRX shell, sent them of to Prodrive and said have the PPP ready by the end of the first quarter 02. Do we know when Prodrive actually started testing on the Sti7 PPP? Last of all, by the time I get the kit on the car I will be nearly a year into my 3-year warranty...and out of the last 3 cars I have had, (Subaru, Overfinch 4.6 HSE RR & a 535 BM) I have not kept them much more than two years anyway.

Dave, this is not a personal pop at you. I respect your opinion and that's what keeps this board alive & kick-ing. But...if I can't get PPP this time home, I'm joining Robs and Griff's gang. I mean to say, how the hell will I keep up with Rob as we head off to the motor show...

Jools (DK)
Old 05 October 2002, 11:44 AM
Rob D
Scooby Regular

Cool

Menace,

Yes you're right it is the exhaust from Litchfields and don't forget it is not a decat, it has a sports cat which actually runs cleaner than the 2 cats in before
The car is certainly more aggressive that's for sure

Cheers,

Rob.
Old 05 October 2002, 01:06 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Talking

Jools
No problem, I know you aren't having a pop at me

I do agree it is frustrating, but unfortunately as we know IM have their own idiosyncratic way of doing things

As for
why didn't the car come as a 300 BHP model right out the box
It's quite simple - the car would never get through the Euro 3/4 emissions regs at 300bhp/with the equivalent of PPP tune, and therefore we would have been right back to square one - no STi Type UK......

The only way IM can get away with it is as an aftermarket fit, which gets round the regs.

I also have to say I do not share the abuse of IM on here - it may not be a perfect situation, but at least the PPP is almost here. If all IM get is people ranting, then next time they might just say sod it, we won't bother with the PPP at all

Of course, in two weeks we will all be saying how good the PPP is and it will probably all be forgotten
Old 05 October 2002, 01:10 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Wink

Of course, in two weeks we will all be saying how good the PPP is
Well, it had better be LOL - EVO seem to think so
Old 05 October 2002, 01:14 PM
Numptie
Scooby Regular

Arrow

I'm interested to know if the Stan Palmer demo STi turned up at Croft today all PPP'd up.

Anyone ?
Old 05 October 2002, 01:17 PM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

I think we are lucky to have a PPP/upgrades from Subaru, how many other manufacturers offer the same kind of upgrades that keep a warrenty inctact?

P.S can't wait till thursday.

Dave - I am sure you shine shoes for a living
Old 05 October 2002, 02:35 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sammy
If they dent your B/box putting it on don't get swapping it with mine LOL

Tony

Quick Reply: Sti 7 PPP & more delays...Help required