My PPP is being fitted tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2001, 08:13 PM
dteagles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hi,
Just thought I would let you all know that I dropped my car off today in preparation for the PPP being fitted tomorrow.

From the report back from Tiggs I am expecting a car back with much better mid range torque (I like torque )

I'll drop a post in tomorrow with first impressions of the differences (apart from the dent in my wallet)

Can't remember who said it, but it's right to say that Scoobynet drains your wallet!

Darren.
MY01, 16 hours to PPP........
Old 22 August 2001, 09:24 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Red face

I WANT MINE DONE NOW

Or I am going to sulk not a nice sight

Phil
Old 22 August 2001, 09:40 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

darren

will be interested in hearing your thoughts, hope you like it (sounds better too)

tiggs
Old 22 August 2001, 09:56 PM
BigPicture
Scooby Newbie

How does this affect your insurance?

I'm considering going PPP to enjoy the last 20K miles before the warranty is out and I change the car.
Old 23 August 2001, 01:19 PM
dteagles
Scooby Regular

Talking

BigPicture - it cost me an additional £41 on the insurance (3 months to go), I am with Direct Line, 35, Full NCB. They classed the upgrade as "Prodrive Conversion".

Tiggs - First impression is the deeper note and more pronounced 'burble' from the exhaust. On pulling away from the garage the feeling wa that it picked up more smoothly, once going there is more 'oomph' (I'm sure there is a better technichal term, probably to do with torque) and it does not drop off all the way to the 7400 rpm limiter.

Overall impression having only done about 20 miles is the sound is great (especially with the windows open and doing 5-7K rpm (wonderfull wooshing type of sound.....certainly made the locals look!) and the extra urge through the gears is going to make overtaking even easier!

I'll have to drop another post in when I have done a couple of hundred miles.

Cheers,
Darren.
MY01 PPP
Old 23 August 2001, 01:26 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Talking

I can't contain myself I have had the call mines booked in for next week

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Phil
Old 23 August 2001, 01:26 PM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Good work fella!

Enjoy PPP is the way forward.

If you like the way it sounds already, you can still make it sound nicer, look into getting the 2.5inch mid section (£200 fitted) and get the downpipe changed and decatted. It will sound unbelievable and like a rally car @ 5-7000rpm, horsepower increase 25-35ish.
Old 23 August 2001, 01:32 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Plantie:

If you like the way it sounds already, you can still make it sound nicer, look into getting the 2.5inch mid section (£200 fitted) and get the downpipe changed and decatted. It will sound unbelievable and like a rally car @ 5-7000rpm, horsepower increase 25-35ish. [/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which will then take it straight out of warranty, so then you may as well get a proper ECU and put a Link on in the first place.....

Old 23 August 2001, 01:38 PM
dteagles
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I had considered having the SS downpipe fitted immediately after the PPP, however, I had heard (on this board) that Mike Wood has said that the full SS system with PPP will blow the engine?

I was considering that the PPP exhaust with SS downpipe would be 'similar' to the full SS system, and anyway it would have wrecked the warranty.

Cheers,
Darren.
Old 23 August 2001, 01:46 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

The SS d/p with the MY01 PPP spikes at the very limits of the PPP ECU map. Nothing wrong with either the PPP ECU as such or the SS d/p, just that the ECU isn't mapped to work with it.

The SS catless turbo up pipe apparently calms things down a bit (and speaking from experience, improves the sound and performance... ).

Prodrive and Subaru dealers will not put a PPP on a car that does not have a standard exhaust on, nor entertain an engine warranty claim from a car that has non standard/non PPP exhaust bits on.

[This message has been edited by Dave T-S (edited 23 August 2001).]