Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's an STi RA?

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2002, 02:59 PM
allzo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to appear stupid but a mate of mine is selling one of these. Has alloy body panels etc...and is modded with over 300bhp. I've driven it and it seems pretty swift

Anyone got one of these? Apparently not very many about?
Car is 1994 btw

Old 27 September 2002, 03:26 PM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

The Sti RA is quite different to usual Stis. I have a version 4 from end 1997 so it is different to yr mates but you'll get the idea. They are very similar to the Type R but instead of 2 door they are 4 door, and the RA doesnt have alot of the luxuries the R does.
The RA has a variable centre diff, water spray for intercooler, quicker steering rack, no abs, no sound proofing, no central locking, no electric windows or mirrors, but most telling it has a short ratio gearbox. My RA's gearbox does 19mph per 1000 rpm in fifth. But earlier RA's I think were shorter still. The cars are very quick because of this but also use the fuel quickly and are a bit noisier and less refined at speed.

But to my mind they are the Impreza at their most raw and are fantastic.
Old 27 September 2002, 06:28 PM
Jaay
Scooby Regular

I would like to agree

Old 27 September 2002, 07:14 PM
Type_RA
Scooby Regular

Various specs throughout the years ie. there isnt one definitive spec for the RA. The only connection btween the MYs is that they are lightweight, short geared and pretty quick . The later V-Ltds and specials have all the electric kits, central locking, fodling mirrors, alloy pedals extensions, air con, fancy dash and console and fancy blue alcantara seats .

[Edited by Type_RA - 9/27/2002 7:16:37 PM]