SIDC Meeting with the RSOC at Scole in Suffolk

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2000, 05:55 PM
Mike Rainbird
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Dear All,
Just thought I'd let you know that the first (and hopefully not the last) meeting of the Suffolk / Essex SIDC gang with the East Anglian RSOC went okay. No arguements or fisty-cuffs over which cars are faster -Cossies or Scooby's ('cos we all know the answer to that one ). We had Robski, Mark, Dean, Neil, Jason (+ friend, but I'm sh*te with names - sorry), Steve and Firebird lady (Penni would have liked her, a Yank tank driver), turned up in their UK spec Scooby's (unfortunately no STis). We had a good chat and I took some of the braver souls out in the Cossie for a demonstration of "speed". Unfortunately, Neil lived up to his nickname (TFW - "Too F*cking Wimpy" apparantly!), by refusing a ride after hearing about it from Robski. Jason (aka TFG - "Too F*cking Good, a name he apparantly earned after his skid pan control!) came for a go with his mate, and at least didn't ask me to lift off (hey Robski LOL!).

Hopefully this proves that we can all get along okay, and perhaps can organise some future joint events (karting, bowling etc), afterall, we all like the same thing (fast cars) and I am a Scooby driver and SIDC member after all!
LOL
Mike
Old 10 February 2000, 06:00 PM
adrianl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hi Mike,

My name is Adrian BTW. I hope to come along to the next meeting, if TFG is going, as I am car less at the moment

Adrian

[This message has been edited by adrianl (edited 10-02-2000).]
Old 10 February 2000, 06:06 PM
Mike Rainbird
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Ade,
Great, the more the merrier!
Mike
Old 10 February 2000, 06:38 PM
Neil F
Scooby Regular

Mike.

I read your original "invite" to this meet.
I was quite interested in coming along as I used to pass through Scole quite regularly when my parents had a place in Caister.
I always fancied staying at that place on the bend in the road opposite the A140 (I think) junction, you know the haunted looking place that looks like you'll get run over the second you step out of the front door.
I didn't make it due to being busy, but I'm up for it some other time.
I think it's good to mingle with other clubs 'cos lets face it, were all into cars at the end of the day! (Gives you Ford boys something to aspire to as well!) ;o)

Where abouts were you doing your "demonstrations"?
Old 10 February 2000, 08:14 PM
Neil Oxborrow
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Mike
Just as a footnote - the Pontiac gave-up on the way home. Had to wait until midnight for recovery - and I missed the fact that the brake fluid reservoir lid had popped-off, losing pressure and this, apparently, shuts the engine off automatically as a safety feature. Not so sure that Sam appreciated this after losing all power in the outside lane and having to dive into a layby with no power steering - what fun!
Will have to arrange something soon with a few more peeps.
See you at Donington.
Neil - very much TFW!
Old 11 February 2000, 07:58 AM
jasontaylor
Scooby Regular

Talking

Guys

Thanks for a very enjoyable evening, nice to put names to faces. A special thanks to Mike and Darren for taking me out in their beasts, wow 260 BHP in an RS Turbo really is a handful, both cars were very fast just a shame neither of them go round corners. LOL

It is true RS owners are normal people, honest, just a shame about the other clientele in the pub! Lets do it again sometime and get some more people involved, but could we make it a bit closer to me please.

Oh yeah no thanks to TFW who made me listen to his down pipe and now I’ve got to have one, bar-steward.

TFG

[This message has been edited by jasontaylor (edited 11-02-2000).]
Old 11 February 2000, 08:27 AM
Mike Rainbird
Scooby Regular

Smile

Dear Neil F,
You obviously haven't been to Scole for a while, as it now has it's very own bypass, so there is not much danger of being run down as you come out of the pub anymore.

The "demonstration" runs were being carried out on the new dual carriageway bypass section, accelerating very quickly up to 70mph and sticking to the speed limit the whole length and back again. Hope to see you at the next one.
Best regards
Mike