Sponsored by:

slow drivers

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2001, 12:15 AM
JJamess
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a theroy.
Alians at some time over the last 3 weeks sent some kind of signal to any cars except Subarus(and Novas because as we all know a 17 year old in a Nova is the fastest thing on the road) which prevents them going over 35 mph. Several times over the last week i have been stuck behind 4 cars and more doing 35 mph on go open roads. Now I'm not asking everybody to drive flatout but is 50 mph to much to ask. Even a speed to make some progress but 35 mph !!!!!!!
Old 16 August 2001, 12:35 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Maybe it's due to the news reports recently about speed cameras, and has made everyone a bit more paranoid.
Old 16 August 2001, 12:39 AM
JJamess
Scooby Regular

maybe
But some of the drivers have more chance of a parking ticket.
Old 16 August 2001, 12:47 AM
JJamess
Scooby Regular

maybe
But some drivers are in more danger of parking ticket than speeding tickets
Old 16 August 2001, 12:51 AM
RAver
Scooby Regular

Yeh, this is common on country roads during "going home" time.. I try to leave earlier just to be able to get out of 3rd gear! Seriously, unless one doesn't mind risking one's neck and pride and joy, it is sometimes necessary to sit behind these prats for bloody miles until a safe-ish bit of road.. It's the same old syndrome -once one sluggard gets behind another, then a third -you need a scoobie/evo/m3/bike just to get by the resultant closely packed convoy!! Answer: Work from home and use the scoobie for fun @ night/ early mornings etc..
Old 16 August 2001, 01:00 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

aha! Another raver on scoobynet! hello geezer, what events you been to recently? Or have I just got the wrong end of the stick again?
I'll get me coat
astraboy.
Old 16 August 2001, 01:14 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Cool

Astraboy,

Have a look at his profile.....

Raver = Accountant

Yex
Old 16 August 2001, 01:38 PM
bigmac
Scooby Regular

I always thought the fastest car on the road was a rental car.

Imagine the speed you'd get out of a Hertz Nova...
Old 16 August 2001, 01:41 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yep, I'm with RAver on this. AND they flash their bloody lights in temper when you overtake them.

What's that all about then.
Old 16 August 2001, 01:53 PM
mark.coleman
Scooby Regular

Adding to this, when you're in a queue, most drivers bunch up to stop anyone overtaking, I sit there cursing, if people left a gap between cars, you could overtake easily.

Can you imagime the leap frogging.

Mark
Old 16 August 2001, 02:19 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by JJamess:
<B>Now I'm not asking everybody to drive flatout but is 50 mph to much to ask. Even a speed to make some progress but 35 mph !!!!!!![/quote]

It's so that when these "one speed wonders" enter a 30 limit they can carry on at "my speed" - you know the story - you overtake them in the nationals and when you go through a village, they catch you up and sit on your rear bumper until you hit the nationals again and speed up

Matt.
Old 16 August 2001, 04:20 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

These people are exactly the reason I lost the driver side of my car last week. Van on straight 60MPH road doing 30. Car behind him doing 30 and making no attempt to pass. I decided to pass as I could see 2 miles ahead. Halfway past car when he decides to pass as well. Removed entire drivers side including wheels on a telegraph pole. Guy in van trundles on at 30MPH wondering why he sees so may accidents in his mirrors.

I think I will need to resort to my old cure. Get a high revving sports bike. Find a queue of traffic. Put bike in 1st gear and pass queue on rev limiter. When you are just behind the car at the front of the queue hit the kill switch. When you are just in front of it turn it back on - Bang - 20 foot flame and one vapourised slow driver
Old 16 August 2001, 06:13 PM
Pete_UK99
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by RAver:
<B>Yeh, this is common on country roads during "going home" time.. I try to leave earlier just to be able to get out of 3rd gear! Seriously, unless one doesn't mind risking one's neck and pride and joy, it is sometimes necessary to sit behind these prats for bloody miles until a safe-ish bit of road.. It's the same old syndrome -once one sluggard gets behind another, then a third -you need a scoobie/evo/m3/bike just to get by the resultant closely packed convoy!! Answer: Work from home and use the scoobie for fun @ night/ early mornings etc.. [/quote] Or you could always get to and from work using the great British public transport HA HA HA.