Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tar spots & company car parks

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2001, 12:02 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
give the car a good polish and wax. The tar will come off easily. Turtlewax do a tar remover that is quick and easy and leaves a wax coat behind. I'm sure WW does something similar.
The company disclaimer is bsh1t, but if they have gone to the effort of putting up a disclaimer then they are unlikely to offer a quick fix.
Old 15 August 2001, 10:44 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Angry

Guys n gals,

Do any of you know where I stand legally on the following...

I am spending a good 5-7 hours a week cleaning tar off my car, this has never happened before, but since starting at this new company, my car has been taking a hammering from the poor road surface that melts at the campus I work on...

Ultimately I'm going to have to get some it done professionally, the tar removal that is...

But what liability does the company have? They keep spurting, park @ your own risk.. but does this include the drive through the premises to the parking area?

Cheers, Alex
Old 15 August 2001, 11:25 AM
ed the dead
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by DrEvil:
<B>Guys n gals,

Do any of you know where I stand legally on the following...

I am spending a good 5-7 hours a week cleaning tar off my car, this has never happened before, but since starting at this new company, my car has been taking a hammering from the poor road surface that melts at the campus I work on...

Ultimately I'm going to have to get some it done professionally, the tar removal that is...

But what liability does the company have? They keep spurting, park @ your own risk.. but does this include the drive through the premises to the parking area?

Cheers, Alex[/quote]

Tell me about it I think plenty of people have complained....
Old 15 August 2001, 01:21 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Angry

The company has put a 'staff park at their own risk' on the HR website... But nothing about Staff drive through the grounds risk getting their car coated in s**t...

I'm using a WW product to get the stuff off.. but I'm fairly narked that I have to fork out financially and time wise to repair the damage caused solely by the car park here...

think I'll park on the public road outside the site, see how long it is before the residents complain, cos I know there are others here that are getting hacked off with it.

Alex