Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Impreza or integra

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2002, 03:00 PM
gianni
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking of exchanging my 306gti6 for either a MY99 Scooby or integra.
I would rather buy from a dealer but prices for Subarus I think are well over the top wheras Honda are more reasonable.
Has anyone had experience of both these cars, which was more enjoyable to drive.
Old 21 September 2002, 03:05 PM
Type_RA
Scooby Regular

Integras are good upto a point about 200bhp. One of the best FWD cars you can buy. Subaru start at 200bhp and can take a lot more power. If you are looking for 250-300+ then it has to be a scoob if you are happy 200-220 then drive them both. The scoob has a lot more torque at low revs and puts the power down well the integra feels more like a high reving race car, depends what you are after.

Cheers
Old 21 September 2002, 03:07 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Haven't driven a TEG but they are completely different cars designed to do different jobs. What sort of driving do you do mainly, what do you desire from a car, what are your priorities, etc.

The TEG will not be much quicker or handle much better than your GTI-6, the scooby will be quicker to 60mph but about the same 60-100 if kept standard. If you want to modify bigger gains can probably be had from the impreza due to its turbo-charged nature.

If your looking at a change from what you currently have I'd get the scooby. The GTI-6 could easily be made to be similar to the TEG but the scooby is a different animal altogether. Best thing to do is get a lengthy drive in both.

Dealer prices for scoobs are joke high (in comparison to private) so haggle your *** off. Might be worth doing further research and carefully selecting a private sale car.

Good luck
Old 21 September 2002, 04:01 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Went in both, AND a GTi6 b4 I got the Scooby. No contest.
Even the Pug dealer said it: "before you test drive a Subaru, make sure you can afford one, as, after you have, nothing else will be good enough".

Alcazar
Old 21 September 2002, 04:51 PM
Turboteeth
Scooby Regular

Cool

I would seriously consider an Integra as Subaru's are just too common now and to be honest not that much quicker considering how much they cost to run...
Old 21 September 2002, 05:25 PM
TegRah
Scooby Newbie

They are very different cars. The Teg is all about top-end performance, with a serious powerband between 6k and 9k. It is a truly race raw car - very loud, very direct with fantastic handling when you are in the mood. A lot of people say they are no good for lots of town or motorway driving although I think this really depends what you expect from the car.
I cant really comment on an Imprezza, but for the Integra think 306 Rallye times 10. An Integra will run rings around your 306gti (which in itself is a glorious hot hatch)

Like others have said it is an awful lot cheaper to get more poke from an Imprezza
Old 21 September 2002, 05:27 PM
IanW
Scooby Regular

2 totally different cars IMHO

Test drive them both, and buy which one you prefer, at the end of the day it comes down to one thing, personal preference, and for me it just had to be 4wd with a Turbo!

Ian
Old 21 September 2002, 05:31 PM
Knowlsey
Scooby Regular

Don't even think about it!!

Go for the Scooby!!
Old 22 September 2002, 05:04 PM
DanTheMan
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just had a blast in my mates 1.8 integra (non type R grey import circa 180-190BHP) and it was incredibly fast, OK so it didnt have the R spec suspension but for the money and in the powerband its about as quick as an ordinary scoob.
You do have to rev the nuts off it, redline in every gear but I was still impressed, it lights up the tyres in second doing 30. I'd have to hammer the nuts of my STi5 TypeR to put any "real" distance between the cars in the dry but thats because he's got no mechanical sympathy.
I'd reccomend a scoob if you can afford one and if you cant then an integra which is a wolf in (cheap) sheeps clothing
Old 22 September 2002, 05:13 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

Ive heard of a Civic with Integra Engine sticking to a 400bhp Skyline R33 with proven 400bhp to 130 at a cruise near me.

It was the skyline drive who admitted it was quick.

So i wouldnt write off the Type R engine
Old 22 September 2002, 05:38 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Doesn't an STI5 have 280bhp on 100 RON?? If so, even on 97RON you would be able to put significant distance on such a car (1-2 car lengths I'd have thought)
Old 22 September 2002, 05:39 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Imprezas are as common as Mondeo's these days, also more prone to theft and abuse from *******.
But
They are far more tuneable than Tegs, but then Tegs are fantastic cars, and ive had tons of fun with mine, and havent regretted my decision ever, and ive owned mone for a year and a half now.

Very reliable, can take a huge hamering and keep running, and are such good fun, passengering in a Scoob round nurburg is completely numb, but an Integra is a real experience.

Both great cars, I had a choice a while back, and chose the Teg, lots of peeps will have chosen otherwise, so drive them both, and let us know what you decide.

Also, big factor, look at the running costs of a Subaru. How many people have had to have things changed under warrrenty etc, fuel consumption, Teg makes a lot more sense for the performance.

[Edited by SideShowBob - 9/22/2002 5:41:27 PM]
Old 22 September 2002, 05:51 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

I have owned them both, send me an email with specific questions you may have and Ill try to answer them for ya!
Old 23 September 2002, 10:11 AM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

ADP, I wanna know your thoughts!! post it up so we can see what you thought...go on go on go on.
Old 23 September 2002, 11:52 AM
LitchfieldImports
Former Sponsor

Cool

I have had both and if you want a car to use on the track days buy the Integra if you want a fast road car buy the Scoob.

Iain

www.litchfieldimports.co.uk
Old 23 September 2002, 11:53 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Talking

Shame you cant have both

Old 23 September 2002, 12:15 PM
LitchfieldImports
Former Sponsor

Old 23 September 2002, 01:20 PM
integra
Scooby Regular

Ciao,penso tu sia italiano,io ho avuto la Type R e ora guido una STI,sono due auto fantastiche,dipende dal tuo stile di Guida se è più pistaiolo o meno.. la Type R consuma meno...
in ogni caso vai sul sicuro: 2 auto fantastiche...
Old 23 September 2002, 01:22 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

LOL So, who speaks Italian and can translate
Old 23 September 2002, 01:28 PM
integra
Scooby Regular

Sorry,but i speak italian better than English!!!
I only underlined what all of you said before: it depends on the driving style!
Old 23 September 2002, 02:24 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Hello, task you are Italian, I you have had the Type R and hour I guide a STI, are two fantastic cars, depends on your style of Guide if she is more pistaiolo or less. the Type R consumes little in any case... goes on the sure one: 2 fantastic cars...
According to Altavista anyway

[Edited by Dream Weaver - 9/23/2002 2:24:30 PM]
Old 23 September 2002, 03:51 PM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Had a MY02 Civic Type R for 2 months, came into a position to by an STi, bought it, much faster and much more fun, Honda's are great but have to be wound up everywhere you go
Old 23 September 2002, 06:56 PM
Razor2001
Scooby Regular

Simple really:

FWD = annoying and never really 'feels' like you are in a proper fast car

AWD or RWD = just 'feels' more sports / fast car to me

I had a 220 hp Mitsubishi Eclipse GST FWD and hated the FWD, told myself I would never own another FWD car so I bought a JDM STi-7

Just my humble opinion obvioulsy

Cheers,
Ray
Old 23 September 2002, 08:46 PM
Gary Foster
Scooby Regular

Wink

I have in my sweaty mitts, the latest Circuit Driver,

Litchfield Imports are bringing in BRAND NEW, New shape Integra R's (not yet released in UK) 220Bhp, £11,995 + Vat

You get - 220Bhp @ 8000rpm (!) 206Nm torque @ 7000rpm (!), 6 Speed Gearbox, Brembos as standard.

This is for a no frills, no interior car that would be sold to race teams (so nice and light too).

Fantastic bargain. You can't argue with 220Bhp for 14K

see www.litchfieldimports.co.uk
Old 23 September 2002, 11:30 PM
Mantamac
Scooby Regular

Sold my ITR yesterday and miss it already! Just waiting for the STI 7 to arrive.
Don't write the Integra off just because it's front wheel drive, the LSD can really work it's magic in the right hand's. Have a go in both and decide for yourself.
I ran my ITR for just under 2 year's,it never gave me a moment's trouble. Had a play with an STI V up in the Lake District once, seemed to be no contest on the bend's but on the straight's I felt like I'd left the handbrake on and that's the sting. For the first few month's you'll crave the VTEC zone and when you get used to it you'll crave another 100 bhp!!! and some torque!!!

Mac.
Old 24 September 2002, 08:23 AM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Yeah, that straight line stuff can be a bit of a pain, its not slow by any means, but a modified or special (like an STi) Impreza will be a lot quicker on the straights.

Ive played with stock Impreza's on Motorways etc, and pulling against them sort of between 50 and 1** there isnt much in it at all, in fact, a UK spec stock one isnt able to do anything!!

The Impreza is a lot more to run. Servicing is a lot more, fuel consumption is higher, they are less reliable, and are a 4 door saloon, so girls dont get them, I recon, if you are going to take on a car thats expensive to run anyway, get an RX7 and have something that looks nice too,(or Supra? something nice looking, get the benefit if you're gonna spend that kinda cash!!!)

Edited to be more friendly

[Edited by SideShowBob - 9/24/2002 8:37:36 AM]
Old 26 September 2002, 11:03 PM
JonJH
Scooby Regular

I've driven them both (but the Honda only a couple of times and that was on a track). The Honda is great fun and better value than the scooby for sure. Forget any prejudices about FWD - it handles fantastically and any engine that comes alive at 6000 and runs to 9000 deserves respect! Brakes are the Integra are better than the std ones on the Impreza.

Interiors are about the same (ie pretty low rent).

The Honda is only a 2 door but you'll know if that's important to you.

I bought the scooby over the Integra because of the performance and the number of doors. Personally, I think they are more similar than they look on paper and most enthusiastic drivers would be v pleased with either. I can't comment on what the Honda would be like around town (my scooby is great), but the engine's v flexible and the clutch light so can't think there'd be a lot of difference there either.

Nice position to be in; good luck in your deliberations!

Jon