Sponsored by:

Revoloution Motorsport, Gateshead

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2001, 05:34 PM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Ordered an STI 5 spoiler from this shower in May, then cancelled it when they told me they were faulty (A WEEK LATER)They then couldn't be ar*sed to refund my money back to my credit card thus incurring interest charges. Please don't use this company as they obviously don't give a SH*T about their "Customers".
Alan
Old 16 June 2001, 06:07 PM
wrx
Scooby Regular

I've had an STI 5 spoiler from them and so did my mate two weeks ago. No problems with the spoilers £295. is a good price. They did overcharge my credit card by £35 though. I had to fax them my paperwork, which they sent to get the refund.
Old 16 June 2001, 10:56 PM
J_Birks
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Alan surprised to hear about your problems with Revolution, I know Glen (the boss) quite well and he is a Subaru enthusiast through and through give him a call and ask to speak to him direct I am sure he will sort out any problems for you.
Old 17 June 2001, 10:23 AM
wrx.co.uk
Scooby Regular

Talk to your credit card company, I was in the same situation last year, Mastercard not only refunded my money but also billed the company who sold me the goods for the interest!
Old 17 June 2001, 02:27 PM
muffitt.freeserve.co.uk
Scooby Regular

Cool

surprised to hear complaints about revolution,just had my suspension fitted by them,very helpful people,ordered goods on credit card from them and always been spot on!! always have a good chat to keith about glens seriously quick sti,shame really i think they are a good set of lads who will help out with anything definatly use them again, cheers clive.
Old 17 June 2001, 05:00 PM
muddy
Scooby Regular

Alan.

I feel your words are a little too harsh. And the quote "Please don't use this company as they obviously don't give a SH*T about their "Customers" doesn't bear well on the company (Revolution) and all other present and future customers.

I have known Glenn for 8 years and since he started Revolution he has bent over backwards for his customers, and especially more so, now that he has a Subaru side to his business. He has spent many hours researching and getting the best for us subaru owners.

It does not help that most if not all of his suppliers regularly let him down. And it's not just Revoultion that are let down buy their suppliers but most of the other aftermarket goodies companies are let down too.

I'm sorry to hear that you are upset about all of this, and I'm sure Glenn did not mean to do it on purpose cause he's not like that!!. Give him a call and he'll sort you out.

Muddy.
Old 17 June 2001, 05:12 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Must say have always found them very helpful
Old 17 June 2001, 05:21 PM
ROBERT BARNES
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I feel the same as muddy ive known glenn and lisa for 8/9 years as well and never done me a wrong turn,I think may be your encounter was one of those things it happens from time to time.
Old 17 June 2001, 05:21 PM
DARREN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Me too.....Bought a complete front bumper and splitter upgrade from them no trouble whatsoever...but remember,everybody makes mistakes sometimes!!!!
Old 10 August 2001, 11:12 PM
5door98
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

I found Revolution to be the complete opposite to the original post. They fitted their performance downpipe a couple of weeks ago. Much as I loved it it seemed that the combination of the pipe and the AF Noble-fitted back box turned it into a Max Power 'Look at Me' machine. I spoke to Glen about an exchange for Eibachs expecting him to say 'Sorry mate, a used exhaust? You got to be kidding?!!!' Instead he offered a very fair deal and was more than reasonable.

For the record, I do a lot of motorway miles but a few days of chuggin' round the doors coked up the pipe and brought the noise levels to an acceptable level and it now pulls like a friggin' freight train!!!!
Old 10 August 2001, 11:25 PM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

Smile

I agree with all of the posative comments above about Rev's,
Glen (boss)
Glen (fitter)
Mike
Keith
Lisa (glens wife)

proved to me it was worth going all the way up to Gateshead from London not once but twice for their service and yes there will be a third time.

I think you have heard enough and have got the message, there must be some sort of misunderstanding. As mentioned above speak to Glen the boss.

Regards

Moe
Old 11 August 2001, 02:08 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
like you Alan i have had a bad experience with revolution, they certainly will not be getting my custom again. I ordered a high level spoiler about 2 years ago from them. The spoiler was all scratched and the fit was absolutley crap, the guy that was going to fit it etc said it was too big for the boot and all skewed underneath. Due to a mix up between my garage and revolution the spoiler was sent back without much packing around it, so it got a little more scratched apparently, they would not refund me (loss £250). The carbon dash kit had several pieces that would not fit anywhere on the dash.
Old 11 August 2001, 08:46 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I agree with Muddy and Rob Barnes, ive known Glen since he was treasurer at the Peugeot sport club many moons ago and I could not think of a bad word to say about him, his staff or Revolution as a whole. I buy all my parts there and will continue to do so in the future.
Old 12 August 2001, 02:00 AM
Toonman
Scooby Regular

They're lovely people to deal with.