Sponsored by:

Dont get ripped off by "Usedcar-UK Ltd"

Search this Thread

Old 17 September 2002, 04:09 PM
DBT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Just a warning to you all.. I've got an MY02 on the way, so I've just sold my Honda Civic VTI Jordan.. in the few weeks it was up for sale, I had about 2 calls a day from Canvassers... I was getting a bit twitchy as I have to hand over the cash for the scoob pretty soon, so when I had a call from this company and they stated that 6 people were waiting to buy my exact model.. Now considering I had a limited edition, only 500 made, it was quite welcome news. Now I'm not stupid, but thought if there was at least 1 interested, I might be sucessful in getting rid of it. So I hand over the 70 pounds and have heard nothing since.. I mailed them after a week to say, I haven't had any contact from these promised 6 people who were waiting to buy my Exact model, and they refuse to comment on any email you send them, which is an especially nice touch I thought... You can't get them to shut up when they're trying to take your money. All this time it was advertised in Autotrader, and as usual this came good in the end, and I have now sold the Honda.. BRING ON THE SCOOB. Just a little warning anyway.. these guys suck, and I'd save your 70 quid as they dont do anything that they promise, and you'll never hear from them again.
Old 17 September 2002, 04:25 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I had them hassle me when i was selling my Lexus. I said I'd think about it for a week (i.e. see I desperate i got) and they calle me back, I told them no. They got very agressive on the phone saying that i'd made a verbl contract blah blah blah and then they put the phone down on me.
Old 17 September 2002, 04:29 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

You should just say no straight away to these idiots - absolute bollocks con men.

In fact, tellin them to f*ck off would be better.

I hate companies like that.
Old 17 September 2002, 04:31 PM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

where are they based?
Old 17 September 2002, 04:37 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

I had this type of company on to me when I sold a car a couple of years ago.

Tell them you will pay their fee ONLY if one of their queue of buyers actually buys the car. They won't call you back.
Old 17 September 2002, 04:37 PM
DBT
Scooby Regular

Usedcar-UK Ltd,
Genesis House,
143 Molesey Avenue,
West Molesey, Surrey,
KT8 2RY
Old 17 September 2002, 04:46 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Just down the road from me.......
Old 17 September 2002, 04:56 PM
MarkCSC
Scooby Regular

Question

Just a question but how do buyers get in touch with these people? I don't recall ever seeing adverts or anything so how do they put buyer and seller in touch?
If anybody gets rung up by them trying asking them the question.
I have never heard of anyone who has sold theri car through these rip-off merchants!

Mark
Old 17 September 2002, 04:57 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

Hmmm

I got stiched up by translink international a few years back on the same scam they told me that buyers would call me in an hour and if it was not sold they would advertise the car in magazines 'til sold. I never had one call from anyone and they didn't want to know either [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Then I was trying to sell another car and that used car company (one mentioned I believe) called and when I told him I had been stitched up once before he said oh no we are not like that. They then kept hassling me and being very pushy and aggressive. I told them I had sold the car in the end to get rid of them. Makes me mad the way people take your hard earned and can live with themselves [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 17 September 2002, 05:01 PM
chrisyd
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

they apparently have a database of internet customers, thats what i was told a while back. had exactly the same problems as above, had a post in here about it last feb time and loads more users also had bad comments to make, as above, tell them to f**k of straight away.
Old 17 September 2002, 05:03 PM
scoobynewboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Isnt there a WatchDog program that deals with these jesters ??
Would be nice to see them getting theirs !!
Old 17 September 2002, 05:05 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

try using the word watchdog in your email I have been told that some companies scan emails for this and you can get a response quickly. Never tried it though but it has to be worth a try

Paul
Old 17 September 2002, 05:16 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

there are *soooo* many of these outfits and they are all the same, use the same patter, absolute rubbish. It's all about awareness and as I said to one of them when he was hassling my girlfriend about her car was if you stopped 100 people in the street and asked them 'A place where you would advertise your car?' (all family fortunes like) close to 100% would say 'Autotrader' no-ones ever heard of any of these other clowns.

Gary
Old 17 September 2002, 05:17 PM
RB170
Scooby Regular

I'm selling my car at the mo and have had about 6 of these types of company contact me.

The used car company are particularly aggressive which isn't a good idea when your speaking to me. I told the guy Chris who kept calling that if he didn't F*ckoff and stop calling me I would drive down to his office and give him a good kicking.

That was last Saturday and I haven't heard from him since

Mike
Old 17 September 2002, 05:21 PM
chockymonster
Scooby Regular

I had the same a while back with a company called cardata.
They registered the car for £70 gave me a weekend break if I had no calls in the first week and if my car sold elsewhere then I could readvertise for free.

No calls, nice weekend break, next car readvertised, no calls, nice weekend break.
Fed up with them, I phoned them up pretending to want my car, was given the details of 7 cars in my area, mine included, spoke to the other owners, they had 0 calls themselves.
Old 17 September 2002, 06:20 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Angry

[tip]
Answer phone to canvasser.
Say that the car isn't yours but you will get the owner.
Leave phone off the hook until they get fed up and hang up.
[/tip]

a. You get on with your life and don't have to listen to the crap.
b. Costs them money.
c. Wastes time when they could be hassling someone else.

PS Above works with double glazing, kitchen sellers etc.
Old 17 September 2002, 07:59 PM
TurboBoost
Scooby Regular

Talking

Used Car UK and Cardata are lying scumbags, their business practise is virtually identical and probably set up by the same people.
Its about time more people found out about them, and yes they should be on Watchdog. If they haven't been already then perhaps we should put a collective dossier together.

They have cautiously worded disclaimers to get out of any possible obligation, and the phone number they give is always permanently engaged or on answer phone. They can't even bother to give you a bogus call to make it even remotely convincing.

I am actually looking forward to them ringing me next time my car is advertised as their ear will melt when I'm done.

P.S. DBT if you don't mind me asking what did the Jordan go for in the end? Are they any good?
Old 17 September 2002, 08:01 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

Question

Did you pay by credit card? Thats an option to get you monry back. Good luck.

David
Old 18 September 2002, 12:18 AM
Mantamac
Scooby Regular

Had a call from Usedcar-UK today as I'm selling my Integra. They stated that they had 3 people prepared to pay up to £13000 for my car etc. My reply was, "Well if these people are so keen Usedcar UK should buy my car for £12500 and sell it on to them, therefore making £500 instead of £70". With that they hung up .lol...lol..

MAC
Old 18 September 2002, 09:06 AM
DBT
Scooby Regular

Yeah Turboboost no problem. It went for £8,150 in the end, after initially having it up for £9,000, then dropping to £8,500. As I said I was getting very nervous, with the money just about due for the scoob. I loved the car, I'd had it since 51 miles on the clock and had done 26500 completely hassle free miles, it was just time to make the move. The guy who bought it was a massive enthusiast, and had wanted one since seeing it at the motor show back in '99, so I know he'll take good care of it, and good luck to him, it's a great car. It didn't go too bad, but it's jsut a civic VTI, in Yellow, but the seats were lovely (Yellow leather), that was the best bit !
Old 18 September 2002, 09:52 AM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

CarData are a pile of crap, but in their defence, they have been known to advertise nationally at petrol stations offering to help you find your next car.

Old 18 September 2002, 12:59 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink

Just stick to Autotrader and E&M. Local rags are useless as well for anything over £5k.

If you wouldn't consider using tham as a source to find your next car then don't advertise with them.

I like the tip about leaving them hanging on the line though

I also have hassle from Time computers, they rang me to ask how I got on with the machine I bought from them. I told them that the HD broke and so did the, floppy, processor, modem, PSU, motherboard and sound card. They said "oh dear" "can I interest you in our upgrade deal". I can't repeat what I said.

F
Old 18 September 2002, 01:02 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

just had a cardata mag land on the doormat!!!
Old 18 September 2002, 01:41 PM
Carlos The Jackel
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Cardata are a bunch of @£"£!$£"'s, they had 8 people wanting my car but once they had my £70 the 8 people dissapeared!! that was on about 1995 and i cant believe they are still on the go.
Old 18 September 2002, 01:49 PM
Regacy
Scooby Regular

Fish4cars worked for me