Sponsored by:

How busy is Derby in the moring?

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2001, 03:47 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Taking my car in for a service at Beechdale this week. Got to be there to 8:30am so was wondering how busy it gets at this time. Diving up from Leicester on the M1/A50/A514 so what time should I set out?

Booked with Beechdale as they gave me a good price and treated me right last time

Cheers Guys
Old 08 August 2001, 05:23 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

It can get busy in the morning, plenty of Rolls Royce traffic on the A514 at that time.
Schools are off at the moment so it should be a bit lighter. There are currently roadworks in Chellaston with TTL's (not normally in operation at that time of day but you never know!)

Try A6 (allow 10 minutes extra for traffic) or A52 from Jct 25(although I don't know how well this flows thorugh the Pentagon in a morning, you could cut through Pride Park)

Hope this helps

Chris
Old 08 August 2001, 05:43 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Thanks Chris,

I don't know Derby that well (only been there once) so will probably stick to the route I know, but if it's easy going on the M1 I may had upto J25 and then use the A52/Pride Park roads. Looks pretty stright forward on the map and takes me right there...

Cheers
Old 08 August 2001, 05:49 PM
mark.coleman
Scooby Regular

Nimbus,

You're not taking it there because of any experiences with local dealer are you?

Mark
Old 08 August 2001, 05:57 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

Last time mine was serviced at Beechdales they f****d up the Central Locking which I told them I had already mended and my car hasn't run right at low revs since

A6 is the direct route from the A50 (the A514 is a <B>local</B> road for <B>local </B>people )

[This message has been edited by CharlieWhiskey (edited 08 August 2001).]
Old 09 August 2001, 12:38 AM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

I haven't been able to find a convenient time to take it back in, I did arange it but got called away by work & had to cancel. I've tried cleaning the MAF myself but it still coughs when warm & re-applying the throttle at &lt;2500 revs????????????

It will be about due for it's next service now anyway, I may give them a chance to redeem themselves (as long as they promise not to 'adjust' the Central Locking again).

Chris
[BTW the traffic at 08:00 this morning on the A514 was 'light'. If you did go this way keep to the right lane at Shelton Lock traffic lights as most stuff queues up to turn left to Rolls Royce at that time.]
Old 09 August 2001, 10:21 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Mark,

I swapped from my local(ish) dealer for my last service. I rang around a few places and they (Beechdale) gave me the best price. They were also very freindly and helpfull on the telephone and were able to accomodate the other bits I wanted doing on the service. Beechadale also has the small advantage that it's close to a shopping centre, which suited the wife so we were not completely stuck waiting for them to finish. I thought I would stick with them this time as well. Nothing wrong with my last dealer, just found Beechdale cheeper and friendlier...

Chris,

Has your problem not been sorted out by them then? I've only heard good things about Beechdale.

Oops. Actually I did mean the A6, not the A514. Must have gone cross eyed waiting for Multimap to load

Trending Topics

Old 09 August 2001, 04:15 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Go A52 through Pride park
Dont know about charlie whiskeys woes but mine is bought and serviced at beechdale
I even got a valet after an hour of clutch adjustment
always polite and keen to please
Old 09 August 2001, 04:27 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Thanks Matt,

I think I will gove that route a try. When I get to the end of the Pride Park road is it easy to find Beechdale? I've only ever been the A6 so not sure about how to get there from a different direction. Do I need to go around the octogan roundabout thing? Always like to plan my turns especially in a busy town I've only been to once

Old 09 August 2001, 05:41 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

The Pride Park road will drop you out right at the back of Beechdales, Turn teft at Cockpit Island (the huge one with the lights & multi-storey over) then first left, then left again and you should end up facing the service bay
Old 10 August 2001, 10:11 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers for that.

Got there this morning 20 mins early!! There was hardly any traffic to speak of. Pride Park area was empty. Very straight forward and quick.

Tried to persuade the dealer to let me have the P1 as a courtesy car but he would not have it Whats wrong with the guy?? Got a Justy instead with great reg w*** WRC!! Having some trouble though trying to get it to go around corners...