Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Network Q Rally Show/Spectator Pack

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2001, 08:38 AM
SPJ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having seen the Network Q site for ordering tickets, there is no mention of the Rally Show.

Does anyone know if this is on this year?

I also noticed there is no reference to spectator packs.

Any clues?

Cheers
Steve
Old 07 August 2001, 09:07 AM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Brilliant mate! thanks for reminding me about pre booking didnt bother last year and paid the tenner a stage, i think it was alot better last year charging the forests, it seemed to keep the muppets out nd made getting round alot easier. cant wait until it come up north again for the dreaded keilder, aying that wales has sum cracking rally country. anyone going to watch malcom wilson rally, itss being re run now in october due to foot and mouth. see ya in the forests. Lee
Old 07 August 2001, 01:25 PM
SPJ
Scooby Regular

So, when is the MW rally?

It'd be good to get to see something prior to the RAC..oh bugger, I mean Network Q Rally of GB, PAH

Can't wait to go spectating in the Scoob.I've had a Sport for the last 3 years, and now I've got real rally watching machinery ;5 door Turbo.Plenty of oomph with room in the boot for boots/waterproofs/cameras/flasks/food, overnight gear, etc, etc

Who's out watching this year then??

Steve
Old 07 August 2001, 01:57 PM
InsBro
Scooby Regular

I'll be there!!

Done the last 9 years even when not the World rally championship round.

SweetLamb last year was great!!

Cant wait!!!

InsBro

Old 07 August 2001, 06:25 PM
NeilS
Scooby Regular

I've been spectating since the 80's and part of the fun used to be travelling to different areas of the country - alas, no more.

At the moment I can't ever see the rally return to the Lakes or Kielder. The only chance is if Carlisle get to host the rally in the future, can't remember how many years Cardiff have got left hosting the event.

Never mind, I will still be there this year.
Old 07 August 2001, 06:34 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Talking

I'll be there Can't wait, it's the highlight of my year

Old 07 August 2001, 06:38 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

Ah, the good old days eh Neil, Group B monsters, 5 days & 4 nights,1700 miles, lucky to get 3 hours kip a night, quid or 2 a stage to park!

Spectated every one since 82, but this year we may have to be all civilised & get hotel beds (spoils the fun I think)

Cardiff had a 3 year deal, and with the Super Special there I cant see it going anywhere else yet

It's been softened down for the media types, so they don't have to stray very far from the hotel bar.

Would be great to get back up to Kielder/Grizedale/Twiglees/Dalby/Hamsterley etc.

Anyone fancy talking Newcastle/Harrogate/Leeds into building a Super Special?

Chris
Old 07 August 2001, 08:13 PM
NeilS
Scooby Regular

Hotel accomodation to watch the Rally - surely not. Saying that, if you have any spare floor space....
Old 07 August 2001, 09:36 PM
McCrash
Scooby Regular

Given that almost every other rally this year has been cancelled, with a few minor exceptions and given that they're talking about fresh outbreaks of F&M as far ahead as October, I wouldn't be surprised if the RAC is cancelled this year along with what seems like every other event this year. Definately a rotten year to be a rally fan.
Old 08 August 2001, 12:33 PM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Cool

Well i cant wait! wish the f&m would f/off, ive followed it last eleven years and this will be my second year in scoob and dont want to miss the chase, mind you its about 850 mile round trip for me now oppose to 1500 it used to be, scoob is alot better to follow in, last rally vehicle was a quattro 20v, now we take this caravan cooker affair with gas bottle, so if we get skint we can open up shop and flog a few bacon butties int forest! steve if your reading this, malcom wilson rally is first sat in october i think, i know the guy who does the regs so i will ,keep you posted, should be good round the forests of grizdale, get me warmed up for the big one. just wish they kept the wrc 2000 car seemed more reliable! just remember if you see a blue scoob floggin butties you will get a discount if you mention this bbs. Leee
Old 09 August 2001, 01:40 PM
SPJ
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks for the replies, peeps,

It seems like if Foot and Mouth doesn't continue to cause a hassle and get the event cancelled, there'll be a few of you out and about.

We'll have to touch base nearer the time and see if we can get together somewhere in the murk and the mud.

This will be my 14th or so year in succession I've followed it, and although it's definitely lost it's sparkle from years gone by, it's still great to be a part of it.

Catch up with you again at a later stage

Steve
Old 09 August 2001, 01:57 PM
CELL
Scooby Regular

Smile

Ditto Scooby chick, better than Christmas day
Old 09 August 2001, 02:05 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>originally posted by LEE P
<B>malcom wilson rally is first sat in october i think, i know the guy who does the regs so i will ,keep you posted, should be good round the forests of grizdale, get me warmed up for the big one[/quote]

Me too please Lee & I'll have 4 double bacon & mushroom 'cobs' please

Chris
Old 09 August 2001, 02:30 PM
StevieB
Scooby Regular

Yeah be there too, only for the second year though. Girlfriend loved the weekend also last year....didn’t get one complaint fo all the mud!!

Sport last year...... Turbo this year
Old 09 August 2001, 07:14 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
5 years so far. Bit of a wimp nowadays though and sleep in a B&B all bar the first night.
Old 09 August 2001, 10:24 PM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Talking

Jesus jack! you sleep in b/b, you must walk miles int morning for first stage, im one of those sad gits thats parked nearly at top of stage and been there since 2am! it woudnt be the same if i wasnt kept up all nite by the muppets who spend 500 quid on fire works! nearer time we will av 2 meet up in the forests, probably seen cars from previous years as scoobs are very popular with us rally hat brigade. catch you all soon long as i havent gone down with foot n mouth. Lee