Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leather/sunroof option

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2002, 02:41 AM
PPower
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've ordered a 2003 Deep Blue Mica which is to arrive in Jan. After seeing somebody's STi (Hawkeye I think it was) with leather, I HAD to have it. I haven't seen that in any other Subaru, so I don't have much information right now. I was just informed yesterday that to get the leather, I will have to order a sunroof as well for another US$1000. Can anybody else confirm this? Actually, I didn't even know how to get a sunroof from the factory. Thanks.
Old 15 September 2002, 08:22 AM
swan
Scooby Regular

I didn't know these were options. I actually don't think they're available as factory options locally. I know of no one that has either...
Old 15 September 2002, 08:26 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
You've heard the story of the vicar having a w@nk? Somebody thought they saw him coming!
Sounds like your dealer thinks the same of you?????
: Alcazar
Old 15 September 2002, 11:35 PM
PPower
Scooby Regular

I know of another sedan in Dominican Republic through i-club.com with a sunroof. I'm going to contact him to see if he knows about the leather. I posted something regarding this before, but our brochure (from Spain possibly) makes a reference to a leather option that cannot be had with side air bag seats. (Photo description where airbags are demonstrated) If the brochures for Europe are all the same but translated, there might be this same vague reference for UK as well. Either way, a sunroof is not mentioned as an option in ANY country I've found thus far. Final word for me is that they can get the leather seat covers sent separate for my or any other car or have leather installed at the factory if sunroof is ordered. With that in consideration, maybe your own dealer could order the leather to fit on anybody elses car.

This is the thread where I first saw the leather:
http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?ThreadID=103749
Looks like it wasn't known about very much then as well. Thank you, Hawkeye, for posting the pics.

Why would Subaru not want to publish nice options like leather and/or sunroof if they can provide them? Isn't this a bit contrary to sales promotion? If one in UK can have it, surely the others can as well. If I, in lowly Costa Rica, can get it, you should be able to. I can't even get the STi! Thanks, Preston
Old 15 September 2002, 11:42 PM
D Noble
Scooby Regular

I am pretty sure that if you want leather in uk,it is a dealer fit option,ie they send car to a third party for re covering,the ones in central scotland end up near fife i think,dont know who,but it is a well known name in the "leather scene" (not the village people type!)

this would be your best bet,there are bound to be millions of companies round your way that can do it and im sure they wouldnt try and sell you a sunroof either

regards

dave
Old 16 September 2002, 04:52 AM
PPower
Scooby Regular

Hey alcazar, is that like why military issues camoflauge colored condoms?

We'll see what happens. I want the leather and wanted the sunroof if available (but hadn't mentioned anything to the dealer), but it's like I'm now extra curious to figure out why this is so elusive. If the dealer was going to do it aftermarket, they wouldn't include it in the warranty. No word yet from LatinWRX as to his take on getting his sunroof. There are no COMPETENT tapicerias to do good work on the seats (at least that I trust). There is nobody who can install a motorized sunroof, only the cheesy pop-up kind.
Old 19 September 2002, 06:18 AM
PPower
Scooby Regular

Not that anybody probably cares immediately, but in case somebody does a search later on... The sunroof is just like that offered in the wagon. It has tilt feature and slides between the headliner and roof, so some headroom will be lost. No problem being 5'10". Leather is written in the brochure as an option for European cars but is not available for seats with side air bags.