Sponsored by:

Not a good day.......

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2002, 05:03 PM
DreXeL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Knowing my 90k sevice was due I joined Motoreasy to spread the cost (http://www.motoreasy.co.uk) For those to lazy to click the link it works like this. You pay a monthly amount, and Motoreasy covers all servicing costs (quote from website: "Your car will be seviced in line with manufacturers recommendations"), MOT and anything the car fails on, and a £5000 per year warranty. Sounds great. Anyway I got my members pack through and they state the service center you have to take the car to. So I went to the center last saturday to have a look and book the 90k service, to be told 'never heared of Motoreasy'. So they get on the phone to Motoreasy and they authorise the service. Meanwhile a 'technition' pops up and says "never done a cambelt on an Impreza before". This makes me feel like I'm making a big mistake. Anyway he assures me they are capable and have/can get all the reqiured data from Subaru. So I go ahead and book it in for a Service. So I take the day off work today and take the car for it's service. When I get there the Girl behind the desk says "sorry, Motoreasy won't pay for the cambelt change" so I get on the phone to them and they tell be the cambelt is excluded. I tell them the website states 'servicing to manufacturers recommendations', and this would include a cambelt at 90k. We wont pay for the cambelt they reply. I say false advertising on the webisite and they say is states the exclusions in the documentation. No it doesn't I tell them. It turns out because I apllied on the web they didn't sent all the revlovent documentation to me. At no point does it state any servicing exclusions in the documentation I recieved. Warranty exclusions yes, but no servicing exclusions. After telling them where to shove their policy I phone the garage and tell them not to do anything with the car and I'll come and collect it. So I get to the garage to find my car with the front bumper purched on a high curb outside the center parked by the same Muppet who said 'never done one of them', causing damage to the paintwork on the underside of the bumper. So I get him out to have a look at his handywork and call him all the names under the sun, with that the assistant manager comes out to join the fray and agrees to pay for the damage.

So now I'm left with a damaged front bumper, a watsted days holiday and still no 90k service.

I can safely say I wouldn't recomment motoreasy in a million years.

Bloody Friday the 13th.......

[Edited by DreXeL - 9/13/2002 5:14:56 PM]
Old 13 September 2002, 05:11 PM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Angry

****. Not good. Sorry to hear about that. I am sure they have diddled you. Persevere and make sure they pay up.
Mossman
Old 15 September 2002, 11:00 AM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Have you sought advice from the Trading Standards people on this?
Old 15 September 2002, 11:11 AM
DreXeL
Scooby Regular

Yeah I'm looking into it. Motoreasy are trying to worm their way out of it by saying the documentation states the service exclusions. The point is when I applied they didn't send me all the documentation. They say the exclusions are detailed in the 'Memebers Information Booklet'. I didn't recieve a 'Members Information Booklet', only a Members Handbook, which contains Terms and Conditions and Warranty exclusions, but no Servicing exclusions. I've read it several times and servicing exclusions are definately not there. I'm going to call trading standards and see what they say.
Old 15 September 2002, 11:19 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Angry

Just got off the phone to these monkies to ask for a "Quote"
First off she asks if I'd like an info pack sent out.

"Yes please - does the info pack tell me anything that I can't see on the website"

"Not really, just goes into detail about what is included"

"So that would be yes then"?

"Well yes"

"Okay - So there are exclusions I suppose"

"It's all in the info pack"

"Ok can you check to see if Cambelts are included"

"Please hold......" 2 mins of silence

"Is the cambelt needing to be replaced then?"

"It will need doing in future - Yes !"

"Please hold......" 2 mins of silence

"Errr is a cambelt part of the engine"

I put the phone down.

Jesus H Corbett
Old 15 September 2002, 12:24 PM
shunty
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I can see why your pi$$ed off with service like that...
You need to find a good, reputable garage that is capable of meeting your cars requirements & your also. Easier said than done, I know as I am in a similar position at the mo.

shunty

[Edited by shunty - 9/15/2002 12:25:06 PM]