TVR Owner Becoming More Like Car

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2002, 04:12 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

TVR OWNER BECOMING MORE LIKE CAR

A TVR owner is becoming increasingly and distressing like his car, according to friends and colleagues. Robin Panthamster, a Bedford-based IT consultant, took delivery of a new Tamora in April and began to assimilate the characteristics of his new sportscar soon afterwards. 'Robin used to be the sort of bloke you could depend on to turn up on time, remember appointments and so on,' claims best friend Mark Blarse. 'Ever since he got that TVR he's become extremely unreliable.' Panthamster's workmates report a similar story; 'When he first bought the car we were all impressed with the sudden massive increase in Mark's performance,' notes fellow wretched software monkey Paul Twatt. 'But it's so inconsistent. Sometimes he'll just stop working for no apparent reason, and last week, for example, he was working fine for a bit, but he soon began to work intermittently, then he packed up altogether and his head fell off. When he finally started working again we thought everything was okay, then he just inexplicably burst into flames.'
'This is slightly interesting,' commented Dr Andther Medics of University Challenge, Lichfield. 'By some sort of osmosis this man has become like his car. I hope this will serve as a warning to other people about the dangers of getting a pen1s extension.'

A group of TVR owners flock to their cars' natural habitat

Sorry POC
Old 13 September 2002, 04:15 PM
steve McCulloch
Scooby Regular

I remember one of the Northern meets were the guy had to pull over to the side of the road as he couldnt keep up - the ground had a slight film of rain left on it.

Its true about them breaking down. My next door neighbour had one and the AA van was parked up nearly as much as the TVR Chimeara on an R plate I think it was - he got shut of it - I used to laugh when things like indicator lights used to fall off onto the driveway!
Old 13 September 2002, 04:33 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Old 15 September 2002, 12:15 AM
JKJ2
Scooby Regular

Wink

As a Caterham owner the thoughts on the web site are that TVR stands for, "Towing Vehicle Required", mind you most people including me would still love one of the later Griffith 500's. Compared to my PPP Scooby/Caterham SS, it still felt twice as fast on a test drive, and is one of the few cars that has an exhaust note that sounds as good if not better. Just plucking up courage to sell both and go for it.

[Edited by JKJ2 - 9/15/2002 12:16:19 AM]
Old 15 September 2002, 11:00 AM
Type_RA
Scooby Regular

Guy I know has a Tamora and has had one or two little niggles but nothing serious and he drives it everyday 40 mile round trip. No clutch judder, "oh they all do that sir", has hasnt had to upgrade the exhaust or brakes either . The interior finish is superb.

Its like dodgy grey imports, there have all been crashed have iffy mileages and they are all stolen .

Cheers
Old 15 September 2002, 12:06 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Smile

Why do all TVR owners look like smug *******s, always have short cropped hair, and designer shades? Sweeping generalisation but anyone else noticed it?!

MB
Old 15 September 2002, 12:46 PM
ScoobySnack
Scooby Regular

Well I don't fit into that category......

My Scooby went Saturday and in its place is a late Griffith 500....
also picking up a second hand BMW for work...

Sorry but the Scooby gave real world performance on a day to day basis, but the TVR just gives more but can't be used daily.

Make your generalisations about TVR relaiabilty , drivers etc I could say all Scooby drivers are baseball wearing Max'heads who pay high insurance bills, have a crap interior and drive a car that spells "U R A BUS" when read backwards, but that would be a gross generalisation...

All the Scooby gang in the Bracknell area are not like that, nor do they mock other cars, they highlight there good points aka the new Skodas...

J
Old 15 September 2002, 03:13 PM
Scooby_Manchester
Scooby Regular

Angry

I'd love a TVR........and the Tamora is pretty reliable compared to the others like the Cerbera or earlier Tuscans.

I think most people forget just who TVR are.........a tiny independant manufacturer, and I'd choose a TVR over a Porsche anyday.

And if I had the money the Scooby would be out of the door quicker than it takes a Tuscan S to get from 0-60mph......and that's 3.8secs for those who don't know!

Ps:2 TVR owners on my estate.......both cars are fine without any major problems
Old 15 September 2002, 03:24 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hey Scoobysnack, fancy meeting up when you get your Griff?

I would like to have a look round one before deciding on my next motor.

Thanks.
Old 15 September 2002, 04:00 PM
ScoobySnack
Scooby Regular

Hi DaveBoy,

Don't mind in the least... I will be at the next Bracknell meet on the 26th Sept with it... (if it doesn't rain).....

Or whenever your free..

(Now we all know Scoobs have boost gauges, but I want a rain gauge in my TVR to tell me when to drive slower than bicycle

J
Old 15 September 2002, 09:16 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Smile

Kit car's. But I would still like one!

Tuscan, mmmm

MB
Old 16 September 2002, 03:29 PM
Gussie Cup
Scooby Regular

Smile

LOL!
Old 16 September 2002, 03:32 PM
Gussie Cup
Scooby Regular

Smile

LOL!

Bought a Griff 500 to replace my WRX - I've kept the Scoob on in case of reliability probs but after 7000 miles in 7 months with the Griff I have to report no problems....

...except when a bus drove into it outside my house last week but you can't really blame the car for that.....

Old 16 September 2002, 04:37 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
Cool

POC's TVR has been replaced by a 328 beemer! He saw the light but unfortunately not enough