Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Euro550

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2001, 12:31 AM
Mike Burton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since getting my 550 last wknd, I've had lots of K band alerts around town and one specific shop sat in the middle of no where. (automatic entrance doors?). I expected this by what I'd read on here.
Yesterday howerver, I got two Ku warnings, one in Doncaster near the railway station and one just as I turned onto my drive at home last night.

Is this normal?

Also drove into Leeds this morning on the A63/64. Didn't pick anything up from the Gatso's on there, although got a few K warnings at various places, but nothing over 1 or 2 on scale.
Old 03 August 2001, 12:37 AM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

make sure it is set to uk for a start.

Switch it on to city all mode if it irritates you.

It may not pick up gatsos if they arent emitting radar which is often the case.

Ku bands should always be considered real. they arent that common but they normally represent the hidden mobile gatso units taht are built in to unmarked vans, parked at the side of the road. These are heavily used in southend, not that that is relevant to you, but it is one place that I know opertaes them!
Old 03 August 2001, 06:28 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

On the road down to the office, there's a few major satellites for comms out to the offshore rigs. The 550 fairly goes nuts on the Ku band there.
Old 05 August 2001, 01:03 AM
lcha
Scooby Regular

Do these things pick up Gatso cameras, bot facing toward you and away. I have saved enough to buy one, but need to make a decision based on an answer.

Cheers
Lee
Old 05 August 2001, 01:26 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

I've got to say that I'm not a fan of radar detectors, simply because you'll spend your time twitching to the meerest beep on the device In fact, they're probably promoted secretly by the police as an aid to cutting speeding They'll still nick you & probably by helicopter...

Save the money & just increase your powers of observation - helps with all aspects of driving.