Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muppet alert - Lucas of Mansfield

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2001, 08:55 AM
neveryoumind
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having had the scoob a couple of months, I'm still "taking it out for a spin". Had nothing planned yesterday morning, so I thought I'd do the snake pass, and come back through Castleton. Coming up to Sparrowpit, and I hear a noise which to me sounded like a belt had broke. Turned out it was the Spark plug nearest the passenger that had come out. On inspection the comression washer hadn't been squashed at all. Couldn't get to it to put it back in so got AA in. The very nice man took it to the scoob dealer in Sheffield and they fitted a new plug as threads were flattened. They did it quickly So all hail them. So what do I say to Mansfield Lucas? Do I ask them to cover the bill? How about the unpaid holiday shift I had to take. Do I just forget it and not go to them again, (Sheff dealers are same distance away)?
Your opinions please.

Old 03 August 2001, 10:35 AM
BHORT
Scooby Regular

Have you spoken to Lucas? I've always found them to be very good and Trevor the service manager seems very dedicated to sorting out problems.

Brendan
Old 03 August 2001, 02:38 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yep have a word with Trevor.

Lucas have always been very fair with me.

Lee
Old 04 August 2001, 03:46 PM
neveryoumind
Scooby Regular

Smile

Have been to Lucas today, and was surprised and pleased with what they had to say. Once I had shown him the spark plug, he refunded the bill from Bently's(including the labour charge) there and then,and signed a headed notepaper, saying that I would recieve a free full valet next time I'm due in for a service. This alone wouldn't have been enough. However, he also took copies of invoices and told me that there would be an investigation about the "non-conformance issue", and the garage foreman will be servicing my car next time.
After dealing with Ford Garages twice, for my previous Mondeo, and on the second occasion, having to "walk briskly" out having given them a cheque for what they quoted over the phone and not the extra sixty pounds they'd put on after "the retest charge, and the vat on parts and labour"(private customer), I was pleasantly surprised by not only the immediate admission of an error, but the fact that they had a quality control system in place to record, and try to prevent this sort of thing happening again.
I wrote the first posting after getting back home three hours later than I should have done, and having had to miss a shift at work.
This one has been written after using that shift of afters off to have a nice meal with the SO, getting a free valet, and my money back. So the tone may be a bit lighter :-)

ps, it was Trevor I spoke to.

[This message has been edited by neveryoumind (edited 04 August 2001).]
Old 04 August 2001, 10:27 PM
SDB
Scooby Regular

VERY well done to Lucas of Mansfield

we ALL make mistakes, it's how we deal with them afterwards that is the true test of character.

Excellent job