Sponsored by:

Warrenties

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2001, 06:29 PM
rnr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I got in contact with my local dealer today about extending my warrenty.My current one runs out this month(myoo-eu import)they could'nt help me and refferd me to IM.They said"the extended warrentyis only available for the 4ht&5th years.My car is too new for that cover and they don't offer anything else.Can anyone help,is it worth contacting the dealer in holland to see if they can offer anything?Cheers RICH
Old 01 August 2001, 08:54 PM
ascender
Scooby Newbie

I am thinking about importing and was told Subaru don't offer this sort of cover. Most other marques offer a service whereby you pay them to carry out a check on the car and if satisfied they will then let you buy a warranty for 2 years.

I was very surprised to see Subaru don't do this. Maybe a 3rd party warranty is the answer?
Old 01 August 2001, 10:50 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

If you buy a new EU import then it can be had with a 3 year subaru warranty if it comes Belgium. Your Subaru UK dealer will have to get approval from Subaru Belgium to do the work, but it should be covered.

3rd party warranties will cost £150-£500 per year dependant on cover/company etc, also I believe ?CSMA run a very good value scheme (I believe it was £160 pa or so and covered most things), but I think you have to be a public sector worker to access such schemes(?)

Happy hunting...

Jon
Old 02 August 2001, 02:27 AM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Dunno if it`s any use 2 u,
But Warranty Direct do quite a decent policy.

Pete
Old 03 August 2001, 08:50 PM
rnr
Scooby Regular

jon does the council count as public sector? if not i'll try warrenty direct,cheers pete.
Old 03 August 2001, 10:46 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
rnr,
csma have a web site
Old 03 August 2001, 11:12 PM
Bamba
Scooby Newbie

Mr rnr,

Having been a Civil Servant in a previous life, I can inform you that eligibility for the CSMA used to be determined by ones employment - past or present - by a government department. It was later extended to include organizations that were once government controlled but no longer are (such as the Post Office).

Things may have changed in the last ten years or so and - even back then - it was not an association with which I was in quotidian contact, so it would be worth double-checking.

I am also led to believe that one no longer has to turn up for elicit interviews by Madame Dominix on Clapham Common in order to establish ones validity as a Civil Servant. Most disappointing.

Kind regards,
Bamba (a man who has long since destroyed the phone number of Madame Dominix)