Sponsored by:

FAO: Prodrive RE: STI7 PPP

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2002, 05:19 PM
benners
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I for one would just like to say on behalf who have bought the best subaru have to offer, how much longer do we have to wait? Its been endless months, of yes it'll be released "soon" or "at the end of the month", but frankly most are getting fed up with this and fed up with the wait. Also that there is no official word about whats going on, making all owners feeling left in the dark, on asking dealers the only answer you seem to get is, "still no news". I would like an official statement to as and when i am going to see a return for the £2000 i paid months back, i personally think it is in Subaru UK's own interest to at least let us know where we stand, i don't want to invalidate my warranty but at this rate the 3 years will be up before the PPP is released!

PLEASE SUBARU UK CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME OFFICIAL NEWS OF THE PPP FOR THE STI7?

please add your comments so SUBARU UK can see just how fed up you are. Thankyou

Want to change topic title to: FAO: SUBARU UK
[Edited by benners - 9/9/2002 6:40:03 PM]

[Edited by benners - 9/9/2002 6:41:36 PM]
Old 09 September 2002, 05:45 PM
Phil Harrison
Scooby Regular

Steady-oop lad. It's Subaru UK who provide PPP and, critically, underwrite the retained warranty. Prodrive develop and (I presume) supply the parts which come through Subaru UK's parts system. In turn, it's Dealers who supply you - and I'll bet it's your Dealer who's giving you the "any day now" spiel.

I cannot believe you've had to pay your £2K up front..... I've not heard of anyone who has and, although I'm at No 2 on my Dealer's list (after the MD at No 1) I haven't been approached for money - precisely because PPP isn't in immediate prospect. So, you're right to be pi55ed off about that... but I'm not sure your answer is to kick Prodrive.

There is a number of recent threads - one of them about 10 days ago was pretty informative about why a development of this sort can't be done overnight. The question isn't " does it work on Mike Wood's car today?" - it is "will it still work on your car after several years of use?"

See what Dave T-S has to say in the various threads - he has the best picture, but has been getting stick by association

Frustrating, innit?

Phil
Old 09 September 2002, 06:05 PM
scoobypig
Scooby Regular

I'm stunned your dealer took 2K from you.
Prodrive packs ALWAYS take ages with lots of 'no word yet' delays.
assume it'll take 6 months at least and then be pleased if it's sooner.
I think prodrive shouldn't announce these things until they know the availability dates.
Old 09 September 2002, 06:21 PM
Big Goon
Scooby Regular

Something official would't hurt, can't see why all the secrecy, its hardly life threatening.

And what about the bloody springs too [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Also, I would like the Prodrive wheel alignment recommendations as well
Old 09 September 2002, 06:36 PM
benners
Scooby Regular

ok, re-address this to Subaru UK, but the basic point comes to, they said release was August, and if i'm right this has now passed also, it was a few months back that now when, don't quote me, i'm sure it was a deffinate "6 weeks", again now passed. Price doesn't really come into the matter my dealer is also a very good friend and it basically came to giving him some cash to cover the impending August release. i just feel that as some one who loves the scooby marque, broken promises don't do subaru (now learnt not prodrive, apologies) any good, reading a thread today i got the imprssion i was not the only one who is frustrated with just being told to wait untill, the endless 6 weeks is up. If it is not ready for release why have we all been told August? One last thing i apologise again for posting the question, again! but unlike many i don't get much time to get on here and go through all sections reading all the threads regarding the PPP, if so i would be as informed as most others therefore not needing to ask. i would also like Subaru to know that as a man who has just spent £27,500 of my hard earned CASH on the excellant car, the ongoing promises aren't doing them any favours in my eyes, i just want one honest answer, if it isn't going to be until december or january 2003 then just say so, i don't mind just want to know whats happening, subaru uk honest answer please?

[Edited by benners - 9/9/2002 6:45:07 PM]
Old 09 September 2002, 08:20 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink

There a sale at Prodrive Banbury soon perhaps we can Part ex them for a Group "N" or a S202 P2 LOL

Tony
Old 09 September 2002, 09:12 PM
mccltd
Scooby Regular

I have given up waiting.
Spending the money else where now, if they cannot be bothered to answer the questions people are asking.
What difference does it make if they let people know the BHP/Torque now or later, if anything other people wil get pi??ed off with the wait and go down other routes.
If they were to release the figures I may wait, but it's burning a hole in my pocket so it will end up being spent else where.
Old 09 September 2002, 09:24 PM
benners
Scooby Regular

t5nyw what date is that sale, i always hear about them after, would like to go. Also Mc nice to know some one else wants to add there little piece about being pee'd off with Scubaru. If it wasn't ready and there were still problems why give a release date of August and get people's hopes up.
Old 09 September 2002, 09:25 PM
WaxBoy
Scooby Regular

Spare a thought for the Focus RS waiters.... They've had to wait well over a year and the end result gets a slating from one of the Cossies biggest fans [JC].
Old 09 September 2002, 09:53 PM
Type_RA
Scooby Regular

I am still waiting to get a Tracey Island
Old 09 September 2002, 10:40 PM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Subaru UK at the moment are being operated by a bunch of half wits who fob you off with sh1te. The Subaru thing is just so fu**ed up at the mo, Roll on the EVO8, lets spend our cash with companies who want our money.
Old 09 September 2002, 10:54 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Wink

I think the sale is this Saturday

Tony
Old 09 September 2002, 10:58 PM
russell hayward
Scooby Regular

I am still waiting to get a Tracey Island

Really ?

Got mine ages ago.
Old 10 September 2002, 08:31 AM
Dirk Diggler
Scooby Regular

It's Bl**dy obvious there waiting for the MY03 to come out and offer the PPP as standard on it ( cos they know it needs it ) and put the price up.

Like on many occasions SUBARU SHAFT US AGAIN.

There customer liason and marketing is absolute CRAP.
Old 10 September 2002, 09:04 AM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Wink

All the rumours indicate that the MY03 is a small cosmetic/facelift change only and performance will be untouched. In which case a PPP which fits the MY01/MY02 will fit anyway.

The STI7 PPP is designed specifically for the STI, they havent sold that many STI7's so I doubt there will be different version for the MY03 STI.
Old 10 September 2002, 09:08 AM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

AFAIK just as another thought due to TA regs the PPP has to be fitted after the car is registered so it cant be offered on new shworoom model.
Old 10 September 2002, 10:13 AM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Smile

I have only been waiting two weeks since ordering and I'm pi$$ed off already. Feel sorry for you guys that have been waiting months. I have been told the end of September lol
Subaru do make my teeth itch sometimes.

Think Subaru had better beware heard froma reliable source that a Focus Cosworth has been developed on the back of the RS (hence the delay) and will be out next year @ around 300 BHP .
So all us cossie converts will have something to think about.
Old 10 September 2002, 12:30 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

i have a p1 and was looking forward to the ppp for that!!
i bet you the ppp will be ready for 03wrx launch
martin
Old 10 September 2002, 12:34 PM
HELLOM8
Scooby Regular

Don't worry it will be any day now, probably at the end of the month.
Old 10 September 2002, 12:36 PM
WillieF
Scooby Regular

Angry

HELLOM8 i wish I shared your optimism
Old 10 September 2002, 12:37 PM
benners
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I hope some one from subaru see's this and relises just how much help there giving there relationship with the honest scooby nut! i know it'll be worth the wait, but its the wait that is the problem.
Old 10 September 2002, 06:10 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Listers and all Subaru dealers have just recieved a memo from IM/Prodrive that PPP will be released sometime in October the date will be confirmed in the next two weeks.

Tony
Old 10 September 2002, 10:31 PM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

I'll print off all topics giving Subaru bad publicity and post it to them because it only backs up my case in how shi** they are
Old 12 September 2002, 08:51 AM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

Oaken, Wolverhampton are saying the same, "available end of October",so why launch news when it is going to take this long to supply. Then with new model just around corner, dont know which is easier to wait for? I dont think Subaru Uk know which any of their departments are doing,
Wishing for japan to take over and show them how to sell and promote a car,let alone supply bits for ALL models.
Old 12 September 2002, 09:03 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

My rumour mill has it(and a fairly reliable one at that), that the PPP has finally been signed off by Subaru and that the parts are in for manufacture. So that would fit in with an October release, with an annoucement by the end of September.

I've known the BHP/Torque figures for a few months, but Prodrive have worked so hard on it, it would be wrong of me to steal their thunder by letting it slip.

Let's just say that the EVO 7 FQ300 has some competition..
Old 12 September 2002, 09:27 AM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

I'm sorry benners, but I'm still trying to get over the fact that you actually paid for it. You have to be the only person to have done that.

From what I've heard, the dealers were informed about the PPP, but since they weren't given a release date, individual dealers have been making these up as they go along, based on speculation and rumour. Neither were they supposed to have taken firm orders, if only to avoid the current situation. Unfortunately, the dealers are a little too greedy for that, and have been taking orders left right and centre.

Although far from being IM's biggest fan, if this is true, and I've heard it from several different sources, then you have to have a little sympathy with IM/Prodrive.

Josh
Old 12 September 2002, 12:48 PM
NDT
Scooby Regular

Neil,
what's your source of inside info then?
Old 12 September 2002, 02:37 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Talking

NDT

I could'nt possibly comment What I will say is that I trust what they say.
Old 13 September 2002, 06:57 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Wink

WillieF,

PPP will be the most sort after thing (excluding Britney's nickers ) so make sure your orders in Should be release October reading the other threads on STi7 PPP IMHO

Tony
Old 13 September 2002, 09:09 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

As my name was mentioned again.......

As you want SUK to see this, I would just like to put *my* thoughts in print.

You can't design, build, test, accelerated age cycle and put the PPP into production in five minutes. If the time it has taken to get it to where it is means it will work, and for at least 3 years and 60,000 miles, and keep your warranty then I think that is a small price to pay.

If anyone doesn't want to wait for the PPP then they are free to fit an alternative package from another tuner, whilst still retaining full warranty on a UK car....oh, hang on, there isn't one.....

Note that it is the dealers that have taken money off people, and given out info, not Prodrive.

Re the power/torque figs, as the graph has been posted elsewhere on here, it's no secret any more - it's 305 PS (300.97bhp) and 299 ft/lb at 4000 rpm, with 30% more torque at 2500 rpm - just what everyone has been asking for

You may read this as being defensive of Prodrive and IM. It is. They are about to release the PPP (common sense would suggest at the Paris show in a couple of weeks along with the facelift) which is exactly what we have been asking for, at a reasonable price, whilst retaining full warranty.

So, it has been delayed. So what? Life's too short......It will be ready when it is ready. I would rather have this than a cobbled together effort rushed into production resulting in engines going pop. Most people do not realise the work that has to go into this.

As for the rumours, it is this BBS that is probably responsible for the wilder ones....

As I am *not* joining in having a rant at Prodrive/IM, no doubt I shall be flamed again or accused of being on their payroll/ar$selicking.....

All IMHO, naturally

[Edited by Dave T-S - 9/13/2002 9:14:57 AM]

Quick Reply: FAO: Prodrive RE: STI7 PPP