Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

There's a fair bit of scooby bashing going on over on the TT BBS.....

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2001, 01:42 PM
paulmon
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

....after this thread.
Old 01 August 2001, 01:47 PM
andrew6321
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blimey - they must be the fastest and most expensive jelly moulds on the planet...

Andrew
Old 01 August 2001, 02:14 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well, I'd leave 'em to it, or we might have a repeat of the GT forum probs..

At the end of the day they are comparing mod'd cars against a standard P1, I'm sure the likes of Russel Hayward's or Mellow Yellow's P1 would be more than a match for against a mod'd TT or Golf straight line or on the twisties

Edited to add - whats the point of huge aceleration if you can't steer the car the same time? Just a thought

[This message has been edited by DrEvil (edited 01 August 2001).]
Old 01 August 2001, 02:14 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

A bit annoyed with a few comments, but what the hell, live and let live!

The assumption is that two used Subaru's cost the price of a TT, fair enough, but I'm dissapointed that there are still so many 'them and us' people out there!

Ok, so we don't know about TT's, but there's a polite thread to gain more information, but I assume that the chap waiting for his car, knows everything about Subaru's???

In a bid to fit in, he's made himself look like an ****!

Only bit that I smile about is that it was a highly modified Golf in question, and NOT an Audi TT!

Anyway, I'm happy in the knowledge that I'm not the one going side by side with people doing 130mph on public roads!
Old 01 August 2001, 02:42 PM
ScoobySnack
Scooby Regular

Andy........thats cos your car is so modded with its leather seats its weighs 2 tonnes and limits out at 80mph.......

J

Old 01 August 2001, 03:06 PM
SimonD
Scooby Regular

Smile

Andy

We're not exactly immune to "them and us" attitudes over here..... or is it that I'm just oversensitive as a biker and BMW driver!

Old 01 August 2001, 03:26 PM
Ga22ar
Scooby Regular

I may not a have a P1, but my STI IV wouldn't even struggle against a TT...

How do I know ??

Well my next door neighbour just happens to be the Sales Director for a VAG garage in the south and we went 1 on 1 with his TT 225bhp demonstrator and the scooby..

Needless to say that from standstill to very naughty numbers the TT was a pleasing blur in the distance of the rear view mirror...

ps Paulmon - what you upto these days ?
Old 01 August 2001, 03:58 PM
Colin Berry
Scooby Regular

Read today that the next generation S3 will be a 280bhp V6. Now, that could give us problems????
Old 01 August 2001, 06:51 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

See me, Rising to da bait!!

I am sooooo glad to be a member of this BBS where you can have a bit ov banter and stay safe. Thankfully there are far fewer "I trounced a...x... at the lights" Type threads nowadays and it is a genuine enthusiasts bbs.

Sure there are faster cars out there, there always will be (Imagine how boring the McLaren F1 BBS is ) but this bbs rocks and even the RSOC boys have calmed down and become like minded enthusiasts (Most ov em)

The TT bbs just seems to be a bunch of induviduals with all the gear and no idea.

My point of view by the way not scoobynet

MIKEY

p.s

1)Did you know that you can't get a McDonalds milkshake through a TT's window without tipping it alot
I know cos i've tried it. All that money just to "look " expensive

2) In a recent survey, it was revealed that there are more Ferrari's in England than Scoobs.......Guess what other make of car was more prolific?

CYA
Old 01 August 2001, 06:54 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

........but burgers every lunch time!
Old 01 August 2001, 06:57 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

wrong thread! sh*t.....
Old 01 August 2001, 09:11 PM
Ian Griffiths
Scooby Regular

If you take all the signatures out, its actually quite a short thread.
Old 01 August 2001, 09:40 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

Every bugger on that bbs includes a pic of their car with every post, how sick would we be of Robertio/Dave TS/neil smalley's etc etc cars
Old 01 August 2001, 09:44 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hey peebs,

Jus read a few posts on their site an don`t it make u glad we`re not a bunch of tight 4r5ed gits like em The amount of snobbery on that board is appauling. IMHO some of them had mayb had 2 much brandy as well

Pete
Old 01 August 2001, 09:52 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Smile

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Andy W:
<B>Every bugger on that bbs includes a pic of their car with every post, how sick would we be of Robertio/Dave TS/neil smalley's etc etc cars [/quote]

How do you think I feel, I see the thing every day
Old 01 August 2001, 10:35 PM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Wink

Very sad people on there last post funny tho
Old 01 August 2001, 11:10 PM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

]

[This message has been edited by sammyh (edited 01 August 2001).]
Old 01 August 2001, 11:29 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

I'm sorry but people say subarus are ugly...
Old 01 August 2001, 11:43 PM
Web Guru
Scooby Regular

Wink

hmmm that Golf does sound mad, as for the TT boys get a life!
Old 02 August 2001, 02:14 AM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Cool

Well said Mrk VI,

Now get back in the corner, an face the wall

L8r
Pete
Old 02 August 2001, 07:49 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Andy W:
<B>Every bugger on that bbs includes a pic of their car with every post, how sick would we be of Robertio/Dave TS/neil smalley's etc etc cars [/quote]

Just think how many gigabtyes would be taken up if BillBill posted pictures of his car.

I'm only on about 1300 posts, maybe it seems to everyone else as though it's double that

Going back on topic.

Because the impreza is so good at what it does for the money. People forget it's just a 20K sports saloon. It's compared to everything from BMW M3's, 911's and heavily modified cars.

It's not meant to compete with these cars. Of course a 38K M3 is going to out drive it, Of course a heavily modded golf is going to beat it in a straight line. With better aerodynamics and less transmission losses the Golf will win. I've not a problem with that at all.

It's not about 'winning' or 'losing' it's about maximising the enjoyment of your car, be it Impreza,Golf,BMW, or Nova. It's about doing it safely, and developing your skill as a driver. On the road driver skill is all about safety,anticipation and consideration for other road users. On the track it's about speed, smoothness and car sympathy.

Mark 4, welcome to scoobynet, stick around and join in. The mix of cars, even amoungst the moderators is probably greater than you realise, and as for the general users I suspect the range of cars is even greater than the evo BBS.

Old 02 August 2001, 07:54 AM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Red face

Before I started looking at the TT-Forum I assumed the to be a bunch of polishers. At the time I had an S3. Turns out that the TT guys seem to be into their mods more than most other car owners.

There are some pratts posting on their forum, but then we have our fair share as well.

As someone else said, whats not needed is people going onto other peoples forums and posting crap just to get them going. Its not fun when it happens on here.

Cheers

Jonathan
Old 02 August 2001, 08:21 AM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Well what can I say apart from lets all order TT's as we drive common cars !!! Well driving into work this morning I saw no Imprezas but lost count of how many TT's I saw.

Were I park there are 2 Imprezas and about 14 TT's which makes them common to me. I like the design of the TT but how many cars have a warning sticker on the boot telling you to be careful when closing the boot that you don't hit your rear passengers on the head.

Oh yes and theirs the design problems that killed lots of people and cars when the backends kept taking off for no good reason because the car had been designed wrong or should that be poorly.

This debate could go on for ever and this is just a few of the problems the Audi TT had and then I could mention the problems that Scoobys have had but I prefer to drive the car and enjoy it. MK4 stick with the Golf mate there not as common as TT's.

Daz.
Old 02 August 2001, 08:32 AM
dustbin hoffman
Scooby Regular

Did any of you ever see the article in Autocar magazine where they tested the handling of 5 different cars - fwd, rwd, 4wd etc.
As I remember it, the Impreza outdrove most of the others including the BMW M3.
I think the one think that separates Impreza drivers from most is that they have deliberately bought a DRIVERS car - NOT something that looks flash.
Remember also that the Impreza has always been seen as a giant killer, which kind of puts it in the same league as all the modified golfs etc. Personally, I love to import a Lancer Evo I and badge it up as a Proton Wyra. That could be fun!
Old 02 August 2001, 08:55 AM
ScoobySnack
Scooby Regular

My friend has just swapped his TT convertible for a TVR Tuscan...............

Reasons why...............

1) Too many TT's on the road
2) Modded TT (250bhp)was quick, but not quick enough
3) Wanted to choose a colour he wanted, in this case purple with a blue undercoat.
4)TT rattled and went back to Audi 4 times, still not fixed. (Having owned TVR's myself I think he's in for a shock on this one)
5)He had money burning a hole in his pocket

Have driven both his old TT and my MY00 UK saloon with only exhaust and wheel mods. Have to say its was too close for me too call. Each car had its postives and negatives.

Put simply I'd drive either.

J
Old 02 August 2001, 09:13 AM
wilf
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the info in the above thread.

I'll now be much better informed next time I discuss the TT when I visit the hairdressers.
Old 02 August 2001, 09:26 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

MRK IV -

Good post. Perhaps you can explain to your
colleagues on the TT BBS, that the P1/STi models of Impreza are not 'modded' cars by default, 280Bhp is standard, when they are modded they can kick out upto 370Bhp or more in some cases.

Also, you're welcome here, regardless of the car you own, we all share a common interest, motors

Alex

[This message has been edited by DrEvil (edited 02 August 2001).]
Old 02 August 2001, 12:01 PM
MRK IV
Scooby Newbie

Cool

Hi Guys
I started the thread on the TT Forum - so if you're going to shoot anyone...
It started off as simple "I burnt off XX" thread, which to be completely honest, isn't the usual topic that gets posted on the TT Forum. But then the car is a little 'mad'. Of course it can't handle like a Scooby or an Evo (what can?) but the point was purely about mid-range acceleration, on boost, and extolling the differences in transmission loss between 2WD and 4WD and the comparative wheel BHP figures. Simple as that.
It then got a bit silly and has now mutated into a 'let's slag everything off' kinda thread - I'm even getting stick for not having a TT!
When a couple of guys came over hear to see what's happening, the original feedback was positive, that the inquisitive amongst you were polite and so you got a few things wrong like TT standing for Twin Turbo, but hey, big deal - you could always come back with What's Anti-Yaw (woops, wrong forum!) but you know what I mean. One of our guys, who then owns both a P1 and a TT took it a little too personally, didn't read my original thread and assumed I'd said that my Golf could blow away a P1 in any conditions and that's how I think it kicked off.
So apologies again if anyone was offended - I've seen these threads turn that way sometimes, albeit they can get quite funny(!) and 'each to their own' as they say.

Finally, the most ironic thing: I originally acquired the Golf as a Company Car because they wouldn't let me have a Scooby!

Cheers - and hopefully the white flags have been duly waved.
Old 02 August 2001, 12:09 PM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Cool

Nice one MRK IV nice to see we can all get along together - apart from some Tity owners.

Sam
Old 03 August 2001, 01:26 AM
MRK IV
Scooby Newbie

Thanks Alex , will do!
BTW, if anyone's interested:

Quick Reply: There's a fair bit of scooby bashing going on over on the TT BBS.....